PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the movie "un chien Andalusia"

TonsOfFun
09-04-2005, 05:28 AM
is it any good - I'm always interested in movie references in songs for some reason (debaser) cus the song makes no sense. Is it a horror movie?

I cnanot find anything about it? All I know it's a movie

Mr.Right
09-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I saw it, but it's not a horror movie, just creepy and bizarre.

TonsOfFun
09-04-2005, 09:29 AM
anywhere to download it or get hold of it do you know?

Mr.Right
09-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Just download it, there are lots of possibilities.

TAL
09-04-2005, 09:53 AM
At the Paris premiere, Luis Buñuel hid behind the screen with stones in his pockets for fear of being attacked by the confused audience.
Good thinking.

And you have the title mixed up. The original title is Un Chien Andalou, the English title is An Andalusian Dog.

paul jones
09-04-2005, 10:07 AM
is it any good - I'm always interested in movie references in songs for some reason (debaser) cus the song makes no sense. Is it a horror movie?

I cnanot find anything about it? All I know it's a movie

I was singing un chein Andalusia last Thursday to the Pixies gig (y)

b-grrrlie
09-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw it the first time when Bowie played it before he came on stage in Helsinki in 1976. The slicing up eye-balls stuck in my memory, and the clouds covering everything. What I know it is actually a goat's eye-ball that gets sliced.
Also there's other surreal scenes: the dragging of a cow through the living room and the ants coming out from the holes in palms of hands.

I've seen it once or twice since then, at least at the cinema club, but it's been years.

abcdefz
09-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Tal has the name right.

It's on VHS and DVD; not hard to find.

Is it worth seeing? Eh. Maybe once. It's more importtant historically than aesthetically. It does have a couple of unforgettable images, though, which I guess is saying something.

Bunuel (and arguably Dali) have each done much, much better things. For a really good Bunuel film, check Discreet Charm of the Bourgeiose. (I can never spell that word.)

DroppinScience
09-04-2005, 04:29 PM
That's a great film. I saw it in my Film Studies class. I loved how fucked up it was. (y)

I could go for some more Bunuel films.

cosmo105
09-04-2005, 05:30 PM
what a-z said.