PDA

View Full Version : i saw the motherfucking rolling stones

p-branez
09-04-2005, 08:59 AM
wednesday night at comerica park. front row seats. it was a bad ass show. i was about 25 ft. from mick jagger and keith richards.

it seemed so wierd to be there with so many old people, since i'm such the product of another generation.

but i can now tell everyone i saw the stones in concert.

TAL
09-04-2005, 09:09 AM
My dad saw them in the late 60s, he tells everyone that sometimes.

TonsOfFun
09-04-2005, 09:33 AM
If you was front row but still 25ft away from the stage, was there running track between you or something?

TonsOfFun
09-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I think my parental units saw them in the 60's or 70's. But I cannot remember and don't tell people that. I don't think

I dunno anymore :confused:

paul jones
09-04-2005, 10:11 AM
how many cigarettes did Keef smoke?

Mr_Complex
09-04-2005, 10:13 AM

Yes, but WHEN THEY WERE OLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD!!!!

QueenAdrock
09-04-2005, 12:13 PM
How much did front row tix cost? In DC, they were around $2,500. I paid $100 a pop for my tickets, I was to the side, near the front, probably 20 rows back.

I don't care if they're old, they still put on a fuckin' sweet show.

like2_drink
09-04-2005, 12:14 PM
they played an hours drive away from me last night, tons of my friends went, but for some reason it wasn't anything special to me..it was weird.

enree erzweglle
09-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't way to pay for tickets to see them here, but I've thought about it just to see Pearl Jam. I'd probably stay for the Stones if the weather was good.

That reminds me of when I went to see Bob Dylan and about half the crowd left after the opening act (Ani Difranco).

ms.peachy
09-04-2005, 01:50 PM
We saw them about 2 years ago, on the 40 Licks tour. Which was nice because it meant they just played all the old stuff you want to hear, not that new rubbish.

It was a good show. I mean, if anybody should know how to do it, it's those guys, right?

I liked the mix of ages of the crowd. We met these really nice people on the Tube on the way to Wembley - a man and "all of his fine lasses", which was his wife, their two daughters, and three grandaughters. How sweet is that?

enree erzweglle
09-04-2005, 02:15 PM
I am always thrilled when the stones tour because that means that my brother and bunches of his friends go on the road and they usually stay here and my place turns into a bed and breakfast. I leave chocolates on the pillows. (I should try to find rolling stones chocolates. :D)

CJM
09-04-2005, 02:43 PM
my dad, three uncles, and a cousin went to see them in moncton yesterday, but $150 is a lot of money to see a band that's o.k.

some friends of mine did security too...more so for free tickets than anything, though.

zippo
09-04-2005, 05:02 PM
travel to a bordering country in bus for two days and stay at cheap hotels to see Pearl Jam or not, travel or not, travel or not

*phones the future*

QueenAdrock
09-04-2005, 05:46 PM
pearl jam fuckin' rocks, and their concert was awesome.

plus, eddie vedder is teh sex

GrndMasterRemix
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Im Baaaaaaaack.. mwhahahaha! :p

cosmo105
09-04-2005, 05:50 PM
thank god, we can all stop wringing our hands in worry

GrndMasterRemix
09-04-2005, 05:56 PM
thank god, we can all stop wringing our hands in worry

well well i see you havent changed a bit.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Grandmaster, write cosmo a rap, and use a German word.

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
I saw the Rolling Stones walking into some door across from the David Letterman show... they were all a lot smaller than I'd imagined.

GrndMasterRemix
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Grandmaster, write cosmo a rap, and use a German word.

ok but i dont know any german words so heres a rap i used to make fun of one of my friends.

ima gangster, ima a straight up G.
the gangster life is the life for me.

Shooting people by day, selling drugs by night.
being a gangster is HELLA thight.

i walk around town with a stark erection.
then gave ur mom a yeast infection.

i saw a policeman, and i punched him in the eye.
to serve and protect, wut a lie!

i also dont like white people, u shouldn't too.
and dont get me started about the jews.

ima gangster, grrr, im mad
ima gangster, my rhymes are bad.

ima gangster, i'm iced out like a freezer.
ima gangster, i dont listen to weezer.

i dropped outta skool at the age of 3. Why?
cuz all the teachers tried to player hate on me. Oh.

my rhymes r kool, jus like doing cocaine.
my rhymes r hot, like a burning flame.

sisqo is my homie, hez a gangster too.
me and sisqo r the leaders of the gangster crew.

i like to be in jail, he likes to sing and dance.
sum say were the perfect match.

im givin a shoutout to all ma homiez incell block 8.
prison sux cuz u always have to masturbate.

except wen a jewish person goes to jail all my homiez cheer.
they will make mince-meat out of hiz rear.

ben peddy helped me make the gangster beat to this song.
i shot him in the face cuz he looked at me wrong.

ima gangster, i drop bombs like hiroshima.
ima gangster, bitch suk on my weiner.

ima gangster, i drive a kool car.
ima gangster, i smoke weed in a cigar.

yo! my gangster flow.
yo!yoyoyo.

im rolling on doughs, iced out like hocky.
i got got kicked outta Japan for drinking all da saki.

wut a bitch, gimmie head hoe.
wuts up to my dogs, yoyoyo.

they play this song on the radio all day long,
so everyone can hear my gangster song.

i wear black and never orange...
holy crap nothin rhymes with orange.

sorry if i offended any jewish ppl i didnt mean to i didnt know what else to say. sorry.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 11:32 PM
You're a dick

Documad
09-04-2005, 11:52 PM
So what were the Stones actually like???

I'm seeing them Tuesday night. My friend and I didn't want to pay for great tickets, so we only have pretty good ones. I am kind of dreading it and plan to get wasted just like in high school because it seems the most sensible way to approach it.

btw, this marks the beginning of my September full of big name bands that are likely to disappoint.

b-grrrlie
09-05-2005, 12:08 PM
I've seen the Stones twice. First time I won a ticket, but couldn't sell it. It was in Gothenburg, the other side of Sweden so I hitch-hiked down there to see them. Saw Tom Verlaine the night before as well. This was in 1981 or sumtin. Then I saw them again few years ago. A couple of friends came over from Helsinki to see their three gigs here and my friend bought me a ticket for the biggest of the gigs. The Hives were supporting. The Stones were alright. Played loads of old familiar songs, but they still couldn't convince me to become their fan.

BRMC are coming over to Europe in October/November and they're doing five gigs in Scandinavia. I'm already checking out cheap accommodation and train fairs to Oslo and Gothenburg....

Documad
09-07-2005, 07:04 AM
I saw them last night. I go to shows all the time where I'm the only old person and I've never felt so old as in a crowd of people mostly my age and older.

Apparently this was one of their smaller shows this tour. Mick said it's the only indoor one so far. When they rode the platform out to the second stage, it reminded me of 'nsync--not that I ever saw 'nsync live but I think they did it in a video? :p

They sounded good. They stand in front of fans and Keith still wears loose clothing to give the appearance of action. They had the regular good back up musicians. Ronnie looked fabulous and played way more leads than I remember. Keith only smoked 4 cigarettes and with each he would take a couple of puffs and throw it into the crowd. They played the songs the crowd wanted to hear, so it was mostly the stuff I'm not fond of. The only surprise was Rocks Off.

Buddy Guy was the opener and he was great. The crowd was nice to him--the band finally figured out that their crowd doesn't want a popular act of today.

Oh, and there were some fun kids in front of us--the only young people nearby. They came in from rural Wisconsin. During the break, one of them told me he hates rap. I asked what made him bring that up. He said the background music playing in the arena. I said, that's David Bowie (Fashion).

Calimero jr.
09-07-2005, 07:07 AM
You just can't put CONCERT and SEAT in the same sentence, it sounds very wrong...

WillMac
09-07-2005, 07:31 AM
wednesday night at comerica park. front row seats. it was a bad ass show. i was about 25 ft. from mick jagger and keith richards.

it seemed so wierd to be there with so many old people, since i'm such the product of another generation.

Michigan is going down this weekend!

Laver1969
09-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I am kind of dreading it and plan to get wasted just like in high school because it seems the most sensible way to approach it.

Did this end up happening? :p

HEIRESS
09-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Ida killed to see them

to bad Im the only person I know who can afford 'spensive stones tickets
:(

Bob
09-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Ida killed to see them

to bad Im the only person I know who can afford 'spensive stones tickets
:(

you just won't let yourself be happy, will you

HEIRESS
09-07-2005, 08:14 PM
no, its a disease

sheesh
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
For my money the Rolling Stones haven't made anything good since 1983. The need to just stick to what was once good. Come to think of it, they never were THAT great.

Bob
09-07-2005, 08:50 PM
no, its a disease

good thing you're into biology then

HEIRESS
09-07-2005, 09:02 PM
(!)

dang bob.

b-grrrlie
09-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Keith only smoked 4 cigarettes and with each he would take a couple of puffs and throw it into the crowd.
:eek:

Documad
09-10-2005, 08:42 PM
^^ I know!

Did this end up happening? :p
Yeah. Prettymuch. :o

The band was okay, but I couldn't have faced that audience sober.