PDA

View Full Version : Transformers

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:13 PM
When Megatron was turned into Glavatron, his encounter with Starscream was the only instance of him addressing his old 'Megatron' persona. It never happened after that.

My friend thinks it's because Unicron created a new persona that although dominant, was still susceptible to what I called 'Residual Instinct Imprinting'.

Devastator owns in that film, but I think the best 'Combo' robot was Predaking, and in the comics Razorclaw was in charge of the Deceps for a time.

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I think that Galvatron was overly harsh to Starscream, Megatron would have never done such a thing.

I find this was galvatron 'killing' the megatron that was still inside him - the last chain of the past failures that had to be broken.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:19 PM
They're remaking this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427340/) , but no TF.

WTF?

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I think that Galvatron was overly harsh to Starscream, Megatron would have never done such a thing.

I find this was galvatron 'killing' the megatron that was still inside him - the last chain of the past failures that had to be broken.

Very true. He was proving what Megatron couldn't. Do you feel the internal conflict was on a conscious level?

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
i think starscream had some issues of his own. he was definately either bi-polar or manic depressive

soundwave (http://students.washington.edu/colin2/breakformers/Video_player_06.html)

More than meets the eye (http://movies.tfarchive.com/movies/Bones/Transformers_S3.mpg)

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Very true. He was proving what Megatron couldn't. Do you feel the internal conflict was on a conscious level?

Megatron knew that upon becoming Galatron his old self would be no more. He could feel it inside of him. In a way he was giving up on himself when he took unicrons 'offer'. Perhaps he felt that this was the only way to finaly win.

Galvatron also knew that the battle inside of himself was as important as the battle for the matrix.

Do you think megatron 'came back', so to speak, at the betrayal of unicron?

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Megatron knew that upon becoming Galatron his old self would be no more. He could feel it inside of him. In a way he was giving up on himself when he took unicrons 'offer'. Perhaps he felt that this was the only way to finaly win.

Galvatron also knew that the battle inside of himself was as important as the battle for the matrix.

Do you think megatron 'came back', so to speak, at the betrayal of unicron?

I think the betrayal may have been indicative that Galvatron was more a Decepticon than a mere pawn. It would be fair to describe that as Megatron 'Coming back' on, again, an instinctive level. I like the theory.

How do you feel about the one or two occassions that the Insecticons turned up in the series following the movie? Although a glaring inconsistency, would you be happy to put it down to those instances being the 'Drones' the Insecticons could generate rather than the real Insecticons who were turned into Cyclonus, The Sweeps?

Actually, that reminds me, what's the deal with that second Cyclonus? I think we see it destroyed in the final battle with Unicron, right?

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I think the betrayal may have been indicative that Galvatron was more a Decepticon than a mere pawn. It would be fair to describe that as Megatron 'Coming back' on, again, an instinctive level. I like the theory.

How do you feel about the one or two occassions that the Insecticons turned up in the series following the movie? Although a glaring inconsistency, would you be happy to put it down to those instances being the 'Drones' the Insecticons could generate rather than the real Insecticons who were turned into Cyclonus, The Sweeps?

Actually, that reminds me, what's the deal with that second Cyclonus? I think we see it destroyed in the final battle with Unicron, right?

I am reviewing the tape to find out about cyclonus.

I concur on your insecticons point. Well thought.

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2005, 08:50 PM
i think kid p and zount were seperated at birth! :p

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:51 PM
i think kid p and zount were seperated at birth! :p
By Unicron. :mad:

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Mumra (http://movies.tfarchive.com/movies/Bones/ThunderCats.mpg) would've kicked Megatron's ass.

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Mumra (http://movies.tfarchive.com/movies/Bones/ThunderCats.mpg) would've kicked Megatron's ass.

I don't even need to click that link to tell you that that is a LIE.

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 08:57 PM
What are you talking about? He was diesel.

Jem (http://movies.tfarchive.com/movies/Bones/Jem_opening.mpg) used to make me feel funny down there.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 08:59 PM

While it's a nice thought, let's be realistic.

Megatron, while being the feared leader of a Powerful army, was also actually a respected Miltitary Mind before the Cybertronian wars even kicked off. He'd have figured out that if any,any of Thundercats were powerful enough withstand his fusion cannon, they still did poos in a litter box.

So ner.

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Alright.

Megatron would have kicked Galvatron's ass any day, if the two were seperate entities.

The fact is Starscream was spared by Megatron at every opportunity because he was an extremely valued fighter. Megatron was smart to do so, and he did keep Starscream in check.......for the first season.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Alright.

Megatron would have kicked Galvatron's ass any day, if the two were seperate entities.

The fact is Starscream was spared by Megatron at every opportunity because he was an extremely valued fighter. Megatron was smart to do so, and he did keep Starscream in check.......for the first season.

It was a good way for Galvatron to put himself over with the Decepticons. He very publicly disciplined Starscream.

I don't know about Starscream's value as a soldier, someone like Soundwave or The Constructicons were possibly of more value and less irritation to Megatron.

what makes you think Megatron could beat Galvatron?

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 09:30 PM
I see galvatron as a new creation by unicron, one that has to destroy the megatron inside. What happens instead is the autobots defeat unicron and in the process let megatron regain 'control' of galvatron.

This is symbolised in the film when galvatron says to hot rod that they are allies against a common enemy.

Thoughts?

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
It was a good way for Galvatron to put himself over with the Decepticons. He very publicly disciplined Starscream.

I don't know about Starscream's value as a soldier, someone like Soundwave or The Constructicons were possibly of more value and less irritation to Megatron.

Megatron had all of the Decepticons on their knees obeying him already, and he did it by being merciful. Galvatron stupidly got rid of his best general.

Soundwave barely fired a shot in season one, his strength were his casettes, Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak. The Constructicons could make Devastator. Whoopie doo.

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
I see galvatron as a new creation by unicron, one that has to destroy the megatron inside. What happens instead is the autobots defeat unicron and in the process let megatron regain 'control' of galvatron.

This is symbolised in the film when galvatron says to hot rod that they are allies against a common enemy.

Thoughts?
I agree. :D

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Megatron had all of the Decepticons on their knees obeying him already, and he did it by being merciful. Galvatron stupidly got rid of his best general.

Soundwave barely fired a shot in season one, his strength were his casettes, Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak. The Constructicons could make Devastator. Whoopie doo.

Whoopie doo? About Devastator?

My friend, look at the track record of Destruction, owned Omega Supreme, trashed Autobot City, Whumped the Dinobots (The most powerful of Autobots) on numerous occasions.

The Constructicons built the Cybertron Empire.....

Constructicons>>>>>>>>>Starscream(and his little dreams.)

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 09:35 PM
what makes you think Megatron could beat Galvatron?

I think Unicron created Galvatron to be weaker in (mind and body) than megatron was originally, this was done to prevent from rebellion against him. This is seen in the film time and time again when galvatron submits to unicrons power after brief relapses of possible 'megatron' influence.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:36 PM

Thoughts?

He also tested Hot Rod with that remark, preparing to dupe him.

Galvatron is certainly fighting to control himself from within by betraying Unicron.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:38 PM
I think Unicron created Galvatron to be weaker in (mind and body) than megatron was originally, this was done to prevent from rebellion against him. This is seen in the film time and time again when galvatron submits to unicrons power after brief relapses of possible 'megatron' influence.

I think that is a 'Shock Therapy', it controlled Megatron too, originally forcing him to concede and become Galvatron.

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Whoopie doo? About Devastator?

My friend, look at the track record of Destruction, owned Omega Supreme, trashed Autobot City, Whumped the Dinobots (The most powerful of Autobots) on numerous occasions.

The Constructicons built the Cybertron Empire.....

Constructicons>>>>>>>>>Starscream(and his little dreams.)
First of all, I like how you conceeded that Soundwave was less useful. Most people would try to argue, but you decided to yield. Good boy.

Whumped the Dinobots? If I remember correctly, which I do because I watched it less than 24 hours ago, the first time the Constructicons faced the Dinobots, it was an even tussle until they turned into Devastator. THEN they ran away because OF A FAKE AUTOBOT HOLOGRAM. Yeah, they did some ass kicking later on, but they couldn't touch anyone at first, even with their huge combination form.

Besides, Constructicons=5 Starscream=1. That's like saying the Dinobots could murder Bumblebee.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:45 PM
First of all, I like how you conceeded that Soundwave was less useful. Most people would try to argue, but you decided to yield. Good boy.

Whumped the Dinobots? If I remember correctly, which I do because I watched it less than 24 hours ago, the first time the Constructicons faced the Dinobots, it was an even tussle until they turned into Devastator. THEN they ran away because OF A FAKE AUTOBOT HOLOGRAM. Yeah, they did some ass kicking later on, but they couldn't touch anyone at first, even with their huge combination form.

Besides, Constructicons=5 Starscream=1. That's like saying the Dinobots could murder Bumblebee.

I concede nothing! If you aren't prepared to take the discussion seriously, then don't participate.

Soundwave had the most valuable of commodities: Megatron's Trust. He was in a position to abuse that had he underhand desires for the leadership, which interestingly he didn't. He was one of the few who retained that trust with Galvatron. That was more power than any other Decepticon had.

An even tussle with the Dinobots from the smartest of the Decepticons is nothing to be sneezed at. The Dinobots-Bumblebee analogy is not apt, we're talking in regards to importance to the allegiance, not out and out strength in a battle.

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I think that is a 'Shock Therapy', it controlled Megatron too, originally forcing him to concede and become Galvatron.

The concession was a last ditch attempt to beat the autobots - you underestimate the will of megatron. Perhaps unicrons force had alot to do with the decepticon leaders choice, whilst in a weakened state of defeat, of course, but megatron stated that nobody rules him and I am inclined to believe him.

As for the constructicons: they were by far the most powerful, but I venture they lacked the ambition of starscream and the intelligence of soundwave. The three each had their own pros and cons. This is representative of the decepticons as a whole, whilst the autobots all seemed to be equal (perhaps not the dinobots, who were more cult/comic filler).

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I concede nothing! If you aren't prepared to take the discussion seriously, then don't participate.

Soundwave had the most valuable of commodities: Megatron's Trust. He was in a position to abuse that had he underhand desires for the leadership, which interestingly he didn't. He was one of the few who retained that trust with Galvatron. That was more power than any other Decepticon had.

An even tussle with the Dinobots from the smartest of the Decepticons is nothing to be sneezed at. The Dinobots-Bumblebee analogy is not apt, we're talking in regards to importance to the allegiance, not out and out strength in a battle.
Power=strength

that was what I was talking about. Somewhere along the way we started talking about two different things.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Power=strength

that was what I was talking about. Somewhere along the way we started talking about two different things.

As is often the case with the greatest cartoon / comic book series / toy line know to fleshlings!!

Clearly, I am an advocate of Constructicon rule, perhaps we must agree to disagree.

And Zount, I think you're right, Megatron was definitely planning ahead when he conceded. That mind....

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:52 PM
As for the constructicons: they were by far the most powerful, but I venture they lacked the ambition of starscream and the intelligence of soundwave. The three each had their own pros and cons. This is representative of the decepticons as a whole, whilst the autobots all seemed to be equal (perhaps not the dinobots, who were more cult/comic filler).
They also had the most in numbers of the decepticons. All they had was numbers. You could pick 5 autobots, and I guarantee they would have an equal chance to be victorious against the Constructicons.

All autobots weren't equal though! The problem is they didn't stand out enough; you had like 3 or 4 racecars who didnt really do anything special. Then you had guys like Wheeljack, Hound, Ratchet, the Dinobots, and Prowl who had specialties that made them not equal.

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 09:54 PM
As is often the case with the greatest cartoon / comic book series / toy line know to fleshlings!!

Clearly, I am an advocate of Constructicon rule, perhaps we must agree to disagree.

And Zount, I think you're right, Megatron was definitely planning ahead when he conceded. That mind....
The problem is your favorites are clearly the Constructicons, and mine clearly Starscream. So we're going to just argue until the cows come home, so yes we must agree to disagree.

Megatron's intelligence is what gives him the edge over Galvatron...

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 09:57 PM
What Messrs. ToucanSpam fail to grasp is that anyone of the above mentioned racecars could easily fill one anothers place. This would be unthinkable for Starscream/Constructiconss/Soundwave as each one branched out to a different path for decepticon power.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
They also had the most in numbers of the decepticons. All they had was numbers. You could pick 5 autobots, and I guarantee they would have an equal chance to be victorious against the Constructicons.

All autobots weren't equal though! The problem is they didn't stand out enough; you had like 3 or 4 racecars who didnt really do anything special. Then you had guys like Wheeljack, Hound, Ratchet, the Dinobots, and Prowl who had specialties that made them not equal.

Prowl was justifiably pissed at Grimlock for being nominated leader after Unicron destroyed Optimus Prime.

That was towards the end of the comic series in 1991. It was nice to see two old-schoolers in the focus of the storyline. Prowl was constantly questioning and undermining Grimlock.

ToucanSpam
09-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Prowl was justifiably pissed at Grimlock for being nominated leader after Unicron destroyed Optimus Prime.

That was towards the end of the comic series in 1991. It was nice to see two old-schoolers in the focus of the storyline. Prowl was constantly questioning and undermining Grimlock.
I think that's why Prowl went on my list of autobots who were unequal to the others...

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Megatron's intelligence is what gives him the edge over Galvatron...

Galvatron's seething bloody rage would make him a more than worthy adversary, plus his Transformed mode doesn't require another Decepticon to utilise.

A bit like fighting a tank with a wallet, in that respect.

Pres Zount
09-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes! Galvatrons transformed mode was certainly more usefull than megatrons. Since starscream is the one who fires Him, it is interesting to see Galvatron use his transformed mode to destroy starscream.

TurdBerglar
you guys know entirely way too much about this shit

ToucanSpam
A bit like fighting a tank with a wallet, in that respect.
That's a bit of an exxaggeration. I'd almost say an extreme really.

Anyways I find your posts on Transformers to suck the fun out of talking about it, so I think It would be best if I no longer bothered in this thread.

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Anyways I find your posts on Transformers to suck the fun out of talking about it, so I think It would be best if I no longer bothered in this thread.

NOT A REAL FAN!

:D

King PSYZ
09-04-2005, 10:16 PM
First off, they are making a Transformers Motion Picture, second all Decepticons pale in comparison to SHOCKWAVE (http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/TF-Shockwave-mini-statue.jpg)

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 10:23 PM
First off, they are making a Transformers Motion Picture, second all Decepticons pale in comparison to SHOCKWAVE (http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/TF-Shockwave-mini-statue.jpg)

Ah, a mighty choice, and leader of various incarnations of Decepticons. But does he have the killer instinct? His tendency to overthink could be costly in battle, and in general leadership.

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Shockwave is a hell of a breakdancer though... (http://students.washington.edu/colin2/breakformers/Video_player_06.html)

King PSYZ
09-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Shockwave is a hell of a breakdancer though... (http://students.washington.edu/colin2/breakformers/Video_player_06.html)
That's soundwave fool...

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Soundwave, Shockwave same shit

King PSYZ
09-04-2005, 10:35 PM
what the shit?
you are obviously not a real transformers fan

Kid Presentable
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
what the shit?
you are obviously not a real transformers fan

Definitely.

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh yeah?? HOw many of you have an original Optimus Prime WITH the trailer and that thing that shoots out? Yeah.... I didn;t think so... *Pushes up glasses & sniffs* :cool:

King PSYZ
09-04-2005, 10:54 PM
No I just had one when they first came out

BTW for people like you Shockwave is now called Shockblast (due to Hasbro not re-upping the name rights) and now looks like this linkage (http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/images/alt_shockblastrobot.jpg)

BionicEye
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
No I just had one when they first came out

BTW for people like you Shockwave is now called Shockblast (due to Hasbro not re-upping the name rights) and now looks like this linkage (http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/images/alt_shockblastrobot.jpg)

I said ORIGINAL and I have it from when i was a kid. :D

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Some reading (http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/ali4786t/Transformers_tribute/)

Pres Zount
09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
'Flash forward to 1984'

lol

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:19 AM
^
Yeah, I know!

Knuckles
09-05-2005, 12:22 AM
You got the touch
You got the power

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

You never bend, you never break
You seem to know just what it takes
You're a fighter

It's in the blood, it's in the will
It's in the mighty hands of steel
When you're standin' your ground

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the heart
You got the motion

You got the touch

You're fightin' fire with fire
You know you got the touch

You're at your best when when the road gets rough

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the touch
You got the power

Pres Zount
09-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh god, the toys on the hasbro website look really cool. I really, really want a 25th aniversary optimus prime, but I can't find one easily.

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:33 AM
You got the touch
You got the power

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the heart
You got the motion

You got the touch

You never bend, you never break
You seem to know just what it takes
You're a fighter

It's in the blood, it's in the will
It's in the mighty hands of steel
When you're standin' your ground

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the heart
You got the motion

You got the touch

You're fightin' fire with fire
You know you got the touch

You're at your best when when the road gets rough

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the touch
You got the power

Whenever I'm singing that shit, I leap up and punch the air when I hear 'You're a Winner'. Fuckin uplifting got me thinking I'm Optimus.

Pres Zount
09-05-2005, 12:39 AM
I always sing that. I was going to go on australian idol and sing that. :(

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I always sing that. I was going to go on australian idol and sing that. :(

If you wait until next year, you'll probably win.

I watched 'The Return of Optimus Prime.'.

In my opinion, Galvatron and Optimus were not ideal foes, especially when the Headmasters came along. Scorponok would have eventually feuded with Galvatron and usurped him.

I would have brought back Prime, killed Galvatron, then sent Prime into an alternate universe. At least then you could justify bringing him back.

And possibly brought Megatron back, eventually.

Medellia
09-05-2005, 12:47 AM
*cough*nerds*cough*

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:49 AM
*cough*nerds*cough*

You love us. Arcee.

BionicEye
09-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Unofficial 2006 Movie Preview 'Trailer' (http://www.alldumb.com/items/2005/07/12724.wmv) With Steven Spielberg commentary.

Pres Zount
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
If you wait until next year, you'll probably win.

I watched 'The Return of Optimus Prime.'.

In my opinion, Galvatron and Optimus were not ideal foes, especially when the Headmasters came along. Scorponok would have eventually feuded with Galvatron and usurped him.

I would have brought back Prime, killed Galvatron, then sent Prime into an alternate universe. At least then you could justify bringing him back.

And possibly brought Megatron back, eventually.

I haven't seen it. yet.

Kid Presentable
09-05-2005, 12:54 AM
I haven't seen it. yet.

Yeah, the return doesn't feature the Headmasters et al, it just segues into what I consider misused plot-lines.

BionicEye
09-05-2005, 12:55 AM
That movie actually looks quite ill. Did anyone see the part where the plane turns into a robot? For a live action movie... holy shit those effects look noice (http://www.alldumb.com/items/2005/07/12724.wmv)!!@

Wow - Why the the get all cool shit in Japan (http://www.nike.com/nikelab/video/airmaxq_marshall.jhtml)?

BionicEye
09-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Bumblebee (http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/videos/stop_test.htm)

That's from this guy's website. ---> r50rd.co.uk/research/internal (http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/)

Optimus Prime For Sale (http://home.comcast.net/~othertransformervids/OptimusforSale.mpg)

Qdrop
09-07-2005, 09:00 AM
jesus...

i haven't seen the movie since 1986.....i barely remember it.

i watched all of the original cartoons...season 1, and 2...and 3(with rodimus prime) and 4? when optimus comes back?...

but i barely remember the movie...so there are gapping holes in the story to me.

i read the comics occasionally, and still own some...but i remember nothing...

ok....
someone give me a summary of the movie and onward....

Kid Presentable
09-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Try this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/)

This (http://home.sprynet.com/~mmar/transep.htm)

and this (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/6563/tf-ency.html)

King PSYZ
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey look at this
http://rapidshare.de/files/10753999/sideswipe.mpeg.html

Ace42X
01-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh yeah?? HOw many of you have an original Optimus Prime WITH the trailer and that thing that shoots out? Yeah.... I didn;t think so... *Pushes up glasses & sniffs* :cool:

I do. And Jetfire. And Ironhide, but he fell apart. Oh, and Scorpanok...