PDA

View Full Version : I was listening to Ill Communication the other day and........

Junker
09-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I realized that Mike D is awesome in this album. I know its a particular view of mine but there's something different with him. I know. I just cant explain what it is. His rhymes and his voice sound quite different from the other albums. I just love his rhymes on The Scoop in particular these lines:

"In The Search For Truth I Go A Lot Of Ways
There's Not A Lot Of Peace That I Find These Days
I Try To Stay Cool I Try To Stay Calm
But My Life Is Getting Hectic Like A Smoke Bomb
So I'll Say It Like The Group Huggy Bear
There's A Boy-Girl Revolution Of Wich You Should Be Aware"

Well........I just wanted to express this with ya.
See you guys!!! :)

dave790
09-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I've liked your posts, you don't just state shit you try to back them up with reasons, and you acknowledge that everyone has their own opinion :)

Anyway I find what you said totally fair, but I bet you you'll soon have something else to love about that record, and every other record. Or something else that comes out at you and you appreciate like never before.

Such is what's great about the Beasties, the amount of diversity in the rhymes, the music, the styles ect across their records makes that possible.

dave

laurie_hammy
09-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Thats because Ill Communication is FU%^IN AWSOME, its my fav album. I cant get enough of th FU FU FUNK on that album. The Scoop, Alright Hear This, Flute Loop, Do It, Root Down, Sure Shot, and the list goes on, so many of my fav songs. But yeah "great rhymes ya right".

Junker
09-06-2005, 05:58 AM
I've liked your posts, you don't just state shit you try to back them up with reasons, and you acknowledge that everyone has their own opinion :)

Anyway I find what you said totally fair, but I bet you you'll soon have something else to love about that record, and every other record. Or something else that comes out at you and you appreciate like never before.

Such is what's great about the Beasties, the amount of diversity in the rhymes, the music, the styles ect across their records makes that possible.

dave

Thanks Dave! I appreciate your compliments. I what you said is true. Once I was stucked at PB and its great rhymes and samples and references. A period after I started to love Aglio e Olio and its simplicity. And you're right when you say that's the greatest thing about the Beasties. The diversity in their sound in all aspects. And thats why you never get tired of listening to them.

Thanks and best regards,

Paulo!

laurie_hammy
09-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks Dave! I appreciate your compliments. I what you said is true. Once I was stucked at PB and its great rhymes and samples and references. A period after I started to love Aglio e Olio and its simplicity. And you're right when you say that's the greatest thing about the Beasties. The diversity in their sound in all aspects. And thats why you never get tired of listening to them.

Thanks and best regards,

Paulo!

Word ;)

Jiberish
09-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I agree w/ you. D is on fire throughout this record.

Specifically listen to his speed and rhythm on the first verse of Flute Loop. His voice tightly bounces between 3 notes. I'm not sure that makes sense....but if you can picture his flow in spikes and valleys -- a sound wave -- it would be a very tight mountain range.

I'm blown away everytime I hear it.

I got sex rhymes like Victoria's Got secrets
To all you party people who are are trying to peep this
I'm like Al Goldstein
Yeah I'm all about screwing
lead my team to sixty wins
like my man Pat Ewing

Junker
09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
I agree w/ you. D is on fire throughout this record.

Specifically listen to his speed and rhythm on the first verse of Flute Loop. His voice tightly bounces between 3 notes. I'm not sure that makes sense....but if you can picture his flow in spikes and valleys -- a sound wave -- it would be a very tight mountain range.

I'm blown away everytime I hear it.

I got sex rhymes like Victoria's Got secrets
To all you party people who are are trying to peep this
I'm like Al Goldstein
Yeah I'm all about screwing
lead my team to sixty wins
like my man Pat Ewing

Dude, this makes a lot of sense! (y)

Mike D is in tha house, what'cha gonna do?

Kid Presentable
09-09-2005, 09:36 AM
^
Ah shit, well I might just be forced to go AWOL!!!!

Junker
09-09-2005, 12:56 PM
^
Ah shit, well I might just be forced to go AWOL!!!!

(y) hehehe.......thats the answer I was expecting :D

Extra Cheese
09-09-2005, 02:19 PM
but in reality smoke bombs arent hectic.

Darko
09-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Whenever I listen to the albums from the 90's, I always feel like one of the B-Boys had more control of it than the others.

Check Your Head sounds like Yauch's album, Ill Communication sounds like Mike's, and Hello Nasty sounds like Adam's.

The Boy Flood
09-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey Extra Cheese. Smoke bombs are hectic if they go off in a minibus doing 70mph on your way home after a paintball session. It most definatly got a bit hectic!! ;)

Peace

Floody

Hamkins
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Ill Communication blows - all that muffled vocal stuff goin on...just annoying. Don't know a single song from that album, even though I've had it years.

laurie_hammy
09-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Ill Communication blows - all that muffled vocal stuff goin on...just annoying. Don't know a single song from that album, even though I've had it years.

DATS WROONNG B*TCH (n)

Darko
09-11-2005, 02:05 AM

You don't know Sabotage? Or Sureshot? Or Get It Together?

Junker
09-12-2005, 05:25 AM

hahahaha.........You're just kidding, right????

Junker
09-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Whenever I listen to the albums from the 90's, I always feel like one of the B-Boys had more control of it than the others.

Check Your Head sounds like Yauch's album, Ill Communication sounds like Mike's, and Hello Nasty sounds like Adam's.

And Thats right!!! (y)