PDA

View Full Version : Food you almost never screw up

Herbivore
09-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Sweet Potato Pancakes
&
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

they rule, so much so people crash on my couch in hopes I will make them pancakes in the morning.

:)

what can you brag about?

Tzar
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
a peanut butter sandwich with a ice cold can of coke.

i never mess that shit up.

laurie_hammy
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM
a peanut butter sandwich with a ice cold can of coke.

i never mess that shit up.

YES

ToucanSpam
09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
PB+J
Grilled Cheese Sammich
FRENCH FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

jabumbo
09-08-2005, 11:27 PM
i like to do a simple stir fry a lot, and ive only messed that up once. and the reason it was bad was that i mixed two different sauces, and had some sour bean sprouts

zorra_chiflada
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
i suck at everything i try to cook.
i made a salad today, and even that was crap. :(

jabumbo
09-09-2005, 10:24 AM
i suck at everything i try to cook.
i made a salad today, and even that was crap. :(

i rescind my love for you now, zorra :(

enree erzweglle
09-09-2005, 10:36 AM
cookies--I have a cookie recipe and when I use it, everyone likes to eat the cookies. But when my friends use that same recipe, no one likes to eat the cookies. I think it's because I don't measure anything.

salads--but that's not really cooking, is it. I make salads with stuff that you can't find in salads in these parts. I use things like crunchy chow-mein noodles, granola, and sliced apples. And no iceberg lettuce. Lots of spinach and greens, the names of which I don't know.

Otherwise, I don't cook except to boil eggs and make granola.

CiaoBellaXO
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
My goat cheese, arrugula, and sun dried tomato penne pasta....I am a pro and often make this at 3am when I come home....

cosmo105
09-10-2005, 10:37 AM
salads count :) i make a mean salad. i'll put in things you never would dream to put in.

most mexican foods are no problem for me. it must be in my blood or something.

my scrambled tofu-soyrizo-bean burritos have made converts out of the most steadfast of carnivores.

and my pasta salad makes even my old-fashioned grandparents and great-uncle light up and say "mmm! my goodness, what are those little red things?" to which i reply, "that would be organic sun-dried tomato goodness :cool:"

Hiebz
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
mmmmm Mac & Cheese (not easy mac either, the classic)

steve-onpoint
10-17-2005, 03:47 AM
Stuffed Cornish Hens in Sweet Paprika Sauce

Couscous Timbales with Shrimp and Chicken

Tuna Fish Sandwhich

fucktopgirl
10-21-2005, 08:30 PM
mash potatoes
salad
couscou
jello(my bf miiss it one time :D )
rice(well sometime its to mushie)
fruits salad

jackrock
10-21-2005, 09:27 PM
-grilled cheese
-toast
-granola bars
-cereal
(y)
:p

sjp
10-22-2005, 07:18 PM
pop tarts, and eggo waffles

BangkokB
10-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Instant oatmeal

If you add too much water, add another packet

sjp
10-25-2005, 11:42 PM
tv dinners

max svenningsen
10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
this one is definately different, it's gluten free , easy and does go well with the chicken. this recipe is for shrimp tacos or "taquitos de camerones" for my bilingual gente !
in this recipe i like to use 4 or 5 small shrimp per taco you may use any size you like as long as they fit in a corn tortilla your good to go.the shrimp may be fresh or frozen i recall seafood in colorado being almost exclusively frozen due to being inland . that shouldnt ruin your plans at all, frozen shrimp taste the same once they are cooked ,so get enough for everyone!
most folks can eat 3 to 4 tacos so get enough corn tortillas to match your shrimp. fresh cilantro is a must ,even the most culturaly destitute places have it so get a small bunch. you will also need dried pepercorns, limes ,and sour cream to serve with the tacos . i know sour cream sounds funny i thought the same thing until i ate one bite ! 0.k. here is how they are prepaired : step 1 bring a pot of water to a boil with a tbsp of pepercorns , a tbsp of salt, also cut two limes in half squeeze them and drop them into the pot .step 2 . get a large frying pan hot and add your favorite cooking oil untl it covers the pan in about a quarter inch of oil once the oil is hot turn the heat down to med high on the frying pan. use a pair of kitchen tongs to place your corn tortillas into the hot oil once they're almost transparent they're done for the time being so set them aside for a moment ! your water should be boiling prety well by now so put the shrimp in until they turn pink or whatever.step 3. drain the contents through a collander and seperate the shrimp into a large enough bowl to contain them and add minced destemmed cillantro fresh lime juice and toss this would also be an exelent time to add some heat of your choice a squeeze of sri racha hot sauce or ortega diced jalapenos is my choice. final step. assemble tacos by placing a couple shrimp into the pre heated tortillas with a dollup of sour cream and eat !

steve-onpoint
01-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Trader Joe's Wild Salmon brugers

Leonie
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
a baked egg :cool:

ooh yes and tiramisu ;)