PDA

View Full Version : ps3, xbox360 or revolution?

boys_beastie
09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
it was gonna happen sometime, lets face it--

PS3

King PSYZ
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
PS3 - yay blu-ray

zorra_chiflada
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
i was thinking xbox360

ToucanSpam
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
ps3

fuck microsoft

I love Nintendo though

CJM
09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
the new nintendo one has a wireless internet thing, and it's free to play online...that's about all i know about it.

i like the games for playstations, but again, i don't know anything about the new system things. i just bought a ps2 in may, so i'll be using that, and this laptop thing for a while.

Mido
09-14-2005, 09:08 PM
i'll be getting the revolution whenever the new zelda for it comes out. i know i won't be able to help it. :o

jackrock
09-14-2005, 09:13 PM
REVOLUTION !!
IT'S GONNA BE THE REVOLUTION OF GAMING!

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Why the hell didnt the ps2 allow you to use cable internet as opposed to adsl? This was the case at least in Australia. And also, why didnt it allow you to use to online pack once your ps2 was chipped to play "imports", especially considering for a brief time during the launch of the ps2 online chips were legal?

PS3 as a minimum should let you use cable internet. If it does, I'm on board (y)

Matt
09-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Why aren't there more choices, like paired systems, or all three? or other things like n-gage (snort) and gizmondo (giggle).

I love my PS2, but I'm a nintendo boy at heart, and it's always the first system I buy. I'm always the most excited for it, and the Revolution is no different.

synch
09-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Why the hell didnt the ps2 allow you to use cable internet as opposed to adsl? This was the case at least in Australia.
If that is true it must have something to do with your cable company, not with the ps2.

And also, why didnt it allow you to use to online pack once your ps2 was chipped to play "imports", especially considering for a brief time during the launch of the ps2 online chips were legal?XBOX Live banned every live account that got caught with a chip or swapped hard drive. It's not so strange to ban modified hardware from a network you know...

PS3 as a minimum should let you use cable internet. If it does, I'm on board (y)It will... the ps2 does ;)

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 03:28 AM
If that is true it must have something to do with your cable company, not with the ps2.

XBOX Live banned every live account that got caught with a chip or swapped hard drive. It's not so strange to ban modified hardware from a network you know...

It will... the ps2 does ;)
I swear to god it doesnt. The packs that came out here were specificially designed only to work on adsl. I know because my friend who had cable internet was about to buy the pack (he has a completely unchipped ps2) but then we read the back and it said that it only works with adsl. If it did work with cable here I would have got a new ps2 especially for it.

synch
09-15-2005, 03:32 AM
Your cable company is apparently weird or something.

I have cable and have used it to hook up to my ps2. Either way if you have a broadband router (they cost next to nothing now) you can hook your ps2 up to that and your broadband router to your cable and it would have to work. I really don't see how it couldn't.

The only thing I can think of is that the ps2 software that you got in Australia didn't have the settings for your specific cable company but... I don't know... it's far fetched.

I'm not saying that you are lying by the way, just that it doesn't add up :)

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Your cable company is apparently weird or something.

I have cable and have used it to hook up to my ps2. Either way if you have a broadband router (they cost next to nothing now) you can hook your ps2 up to that and your broadband router to your cable and it would have to work. I really don't see how it couldn't.

The only thing I can think of is that the ps2 software that you got in Australia didn't have the settings for your specific cable company but... I don't know... it's far fetched.

I'm not saying that you are lying by the way, just that it doesn't add up :)

Dammit i think your right. But I swear at the time...when they first came out this was not the case. For one, telstra here has a monopoly over the telecommunications industry. I am pretty sure they only allowed their broadband to be used, because thats what they did for the dreamcast. I however am on optus cable, which is their opponent. So thats what I recall anyway. Well anyway I'll leave it till the ps3 comes out now.

boys_beastie
09-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Why aren't there more choices, like paired systems, or all three?

cause we dont take kindly to neutrals around these parts

synch
09-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Having all three isn't neutral, it's liking all three, there is a difference ;)

I have an xbox, gamecube and ps2.

I also have a nes, snes, mega drive, mega drive 2, lynx, 2600 etc etc etc.

Not being a brand whore pays off sometimes ;)

boys_beastie
09-15-2005, 04:51 AM
im not a brand whore, its just if i have one console, i cant be bothered wastine money on another one which has no better games.

ps. why do you have two segas?

Mcmac
09-15-2005, 05:11 AM
ps3 and revo

synch
09-15-2005, 05:45 AM
im not a brand whore, its just if i have one console, i cant be bothered wastine money on another one which has no better games. PS2 has god of war, tekken, early releases of gta etc.
Xbox has xbox live, project gotham, halo etc
gamecube has all ninty games, metroid, resident evil etc

If you want all of the cool games you have to have all three. Personally I picked all three up at bargain prices, I could never spend tons of money by getting all of the consoles on release date. I got my ps2 for free with a cell phone contract about two and a half/three years ago. I got the xbox at 170 I think with two games, managed to aquire two cheap (original) pads, 14 free months of xbox live + headset, free pro evolution soccer from konami etc.

My gamecube was a spare one my cousin had lying around :) (he still has two left)

ps. why do you have two segas?
I also have two msx's, two dreamcasts and two snes'.

Just worked out that way :)

I bought the second mega drive for 5 euro with some games and pads and things. The second dreamcast was a bargain too. I have two ps1's, one of which is a net yaroze. I have tons of old stuff :o

Tzar
09-15-2005, 05:47 AM
I have two ps1's, one of which is a net yaroze. I have tons of old stuff :o

net yaroze - wasn't that a designing thing?

synch
09-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Yeah, it's a black ps1 that came with cables and software to upload code to it. I don't have all that stuff though so it's basically a fancy looking ps1 :)

Tzar
09-15-2005, 05:54 AM
i remember the demo disc that came with the monthly aussie PS1 magazine had a couple of net yaroze games on it. some of them were addictive as shit.

synch
09-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Mate of mine had it lying around together with a dreamcast. He wanted to sell his dreamcast at a second hand market thing that people have here once a year. I told him he'd get next to nothing for it and that if he wanted to sell it off cheap that badly I'd buy it for a reasonable price. He agreed and threw in the net yaroze :D

He was cleaning his appartment at the time :)

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 06:10 AM
I bet you dont have an atari jaguar :cool:

Actually, I dont either :p

synch
09-15-2005, 06:15 AM
I was tempted to pick one up but didn't bother :)

I really really really want a Neo Geo though :(

I borrowed one for a bit but decided against buying it at that time because it was too expensive. I wants one badly...

Oh, I do have a Sega Nomad :p

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 06:42 AM
I was tempted to pick one up but didn't bother :)

I really really really want a Neo Geo though :(

I borrowed one for a bit but decided against buying it at that time because it was too expensive. I wants one badly...

Oh, I do have a Sega Nomad :p
Yeah, I dont have anything extraordinary...except i do have a computer that i bought for 50 cents thats apparently one of the first pc's released in Australia (y) IBM Personal Computer XT, with a full dot matrix printer and about 200 games. It works, but sadly no monitor cos the one it had was totally stuffed, as most monitors are after 20 years of use.

Vintage 50 mb hard drive, which was an improvement on the ibm PC which had 20 mb I think thats the only difference, maybe you can tell me :confused:

synch
09-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Maybe the cpu is an 8088 instead of an 8086.

I am about to throw out a hercules monitor... It's going to sting for a bit but it's just sitting there :(

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Maybe the cpu is an 8088 instead of an 8086.

I am about to throw out a hercules monitor... It's going to sting for a bit but it's just sitting there :(
I dont even know if the video card on my old computer takes a colour monitor :D Cos the one it used to have that wasnt working was black and white, but it wasnt the original so i have no idea whether the original was colour. I looked for the original monitor that came with it a while ago on ebay and it cost like 100 bucks, plus it was from america, so it would cost like 50 bucks in shipping. So like 150, its a bit much considering i got the rest of the computer and the printer for like 50 cents. I think I need to get rid of the atari lynx game i have. Cos i dont have an atari lynx. But you know when you are buying something off someone on an ebay and you realise they've listed everything for 99 cents, and you just bid on everything they have...well i did that and ended up with 4 snes consoles, 2 copies of blam machinehead for sega saturn, a copie of space jam for saturn and steel talons for lynx :o for like 8 bucks, with 5 bucks shipping :cool:

synch
09-15-2005, 07:10 AM
I dont even know if the video card on my old computer takes a colour monitor :D Cos the one it used to have that wasnt working was black and white, but it wasnt the original so i have no idea whether the original was colour. I looked for the original monitor that came with it a while ago on ebay and it cost like 100 bucks, plus it was from america, so it would cost like 50 bucks in shipping. So like 150, its a bit much considering i got the rest of the computer and the printer for like 50 cents. I think I need to get rid of the atari lynx game i have. Cos i dont have an atari lynx. But you know when you are buying something off someone on an ebay and you realise they've listed everything for 99 cents, and you just bid on everything they have...well i did that and ended up with 4 snes consoles, 2 copies of blam machinehead for sega saturn, a copie of space jam for saturn and steel talons for lynx :o for like 8 bucks, with 5 bucks shipping :cool:
:D

I'll trade you a hercules monitor for your spare console stuff :p

I'm 99% sure that your monitor and video card are Hercules. They come in black/white, black/green and black/amber. Alternatively you could put an isa vga card in your pc. You could hook it up to any (current) monitor then.

boys_beastie
09-15-2005, 09:16 AM
i had a sega megadrive but it got stolen when i was about 8/9. i got back from school and someone had broken into my house, taken my sega all games but one and some of my dads cds. i loved it so much. i never completed earth worm jim on it though. i was too young. but even when i had a roken wrist and had a cast on one arm i learned to play withone hand and i still beat my dad at sensible soccer WHICH, might i add, is the best football game of all time.

synch
09-15-2005, 09:18 AM
They are making a ps2 version of sensible world of soccer!

I hope it isn't as crap as the 3d version they did years back...

boys_beastie
09-15-2005, 09:19 AM
sensible soccer is kick ass. i wish they didnt take that.

synch
09-15-2005, 09:25 AM
http://www.abandonia.com/games/47/SensibleSoccer

:)

synch
09-15-2005, 09:40 AM
They all have their innovative sides.

Xbox live is the first proper online implementation on consoles.

Sony has eye toy, singstar and the whole design thing going for them.

Nintendo does great things too, don't get me wrong.

synch
09-15-2005, 09:53 AM
What's x-band?

boys_beastie
09-15-2005, 11:29 AM

:D :eek: :D :eek:

synch
09-15-2005, 11:46 AM
It was a modem you hook up to the SNES or Genesis and play online. I don't think it got quite popular though.

Info on the SNES version (http://snescentral.edgeemu.com/article.php?id=0067)
Wow! I'm actually quite impressed by that! Never heard of anything like that for the snes.

Thing is, what microsoft did wasn't just technologically sound, it was also the perfect timing and perfectly executed.

I'm not a ms fanboy, quite on the contrary, but they are good.

adam_f
09-15-2005, 02:35 PM
PS3 in the place to be.

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 09:51 PM

:)
I like home of the underdogs better. Thats where I got ultimate soccer manager 98/99. Best soccer manager ever!

Tzar
09-15-2005, 10:04 PM
MGS4 on PS3 = boner.

i saw screenies just then. Snake is old :( he has a beard and all.

The Notorious LOL
09-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I didnt read anyones posts but bottom line is as follows:

Playstation3 will have the most games and be the best selling and overall best of the three, Xbox360 will most likely be second most popular and will have an edge on PS3 what with being released earlier, Nintendo Revolution will secure an exclusive fanbase of its usual nintendo dorks and otherwise have no clout whatsoever.

synch
09-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Further down the line it will be a disadvantage to be released earlier though. The PS2 has reached it's limit a while back and with multiplatform games out of the three versions the ps2 version is often technically inferior.

Not sure how large the gap in time and power between the ps3 and the 360 will be though.

P of R
09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Playstation 3.

boys_beastie
09-16-2005, 09:54 AM
thats right, everyone loves playstation.

ps) i am impressed with your verdict, thenotoriousLOL, and compeltely agree ;)

PS3 :D