PDA

View Full Version : Who here has a 3G phone?

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 02:26 AM
I just got one, but i only know 2 other people with one. Mines apparently the smallest lightest one (sony ericsson K608i), at least in Australia, and the photo quality is easily the best out of any camera phone i've seen :cool:

If you do have one, how often do you use the video talk function? I have it free on sundays but i can't really see myself sitting there video talking when i could just meet whoever it is, or just normally call them.

minton
09-15-2005, 02:34 AM
I think the new Samsung one is the smallest 3G handset available. It's only available on Telstra 3G at the moment though.

The video talk function is pretty much useless, but the email access is pretty good because of the 3G speeds. It's better than having a Blackberry or anything similar.

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 02:35 AM
I think the new Samsung one is the smallest 3G handset available. It's only available on Telstra 3G at the moment though.

The video talk function is pretty much useless, but the email access is pretty good because of the 3G speeds. It's better than having a Blackberry or anything similar.
I dunno if its worth using it for email though, especially when you have like $370 a month worth of sms, calls etc....and emails are like the only thing not included.

zorra_chiflada
09-15-2005, 02:36 AM
in phone related news, i changed my pre-paid provider to telstra.
vodaphone was so shit, and i don't mind having to pay more anymore.

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 02:38 AM
in phone related news, i changed my pre-paid provider to telstra.
vodaphone was so shit, and i don't mind having to pay more anymore.
Vodaphone was shit...I'm glad I finally changed. Except I'm paying through the ass...well not really but its still pretty expensive for all this new fangled technology.

icy manipulator
09-15-2005, 02:39 AM
why did all these mad $500 caps and what not have to come out just AFTER i signed a contract with telstra for 24 months!!!!! :mad: :mad:

minton
09-15-2005, 02:39 AM
I dunno if its worth using it for email though, especially when you have like $370 a month worth of sms, calls etc....and emails are like the only thing not included.

On 3 for example it's only $3 per month for unlimited email on top of the plan. That's great value.

I guess it's not important unless you need to have your email on you all the time though, so you can find out in real time what drama is going on at the Beastie Boys BBS and other such exciting stuff.

zorra_chiflada
09-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Vodaphone was shit...I'm glad I finally changed. Except I'm paying through the ass...well not really but its still pretty expensive for all this new fangled technology.

they were just totally lame in so many ways.
i couldn't recieve any calls for some reason. when i made calls, they would cut out five seconds in, and i'd have to keep redialing. (n)

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 02:56 AM
they were just totally lame in so many ways.
i couldn't recieve any calls for some reason. when i made calls, they would cut out five seconds in, and i'd have to keep redialing. (n)
Thats actually way worse than what i copped, which was just that my credit ran out way faster than it should have, and sms's would sometimes take days to send.

Yeah I didn't go for the email pack, I figured i probably would never use it. But I did go for the sports pack, which is pretty cool cos i can watch the fox sports report on the way home from uni and get results and stuff.

Mcmac
09-15-2005, 05:17 AM
i have one rancid

the phone u have got is fucking awesome (y)
i was gonna get it

didnt i say too go on 3! its the best! the phone u bought would be atleast $1000 if it was sold by any other phone company

Rancid_Beasties
09-15-2005, 05:39 AM
i have one rancid

the phone u have got is fucking awesome (y)
i was gonna get it

didnt i say too go on 3! its the best! the phone u bought would be atleast $1000 if it was sold by any other phone company
Yeah well its gonna cost that, but i suppose i get almost $9000 of calls included so its worth it.

Loppfessor
09-15-2005, 05:44 AM
I had some 3D glasses once

Tzar
09-15-2005, 05:49 AM
I had some 3D glasses once
serious, man?

Loppfessor
09-15-2005, 05:51 AM
serious, man?

Yeah they used to come with 3D comic books and movies...

Tzar
09-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Yeah they used to come with 3D comic books and movies...
oh no shit?

tracky
09-15-2005, 07:12 AM
i have a one, i havn't used the video feature yet cause i don't know anyone else with a phone that can do it, although my friend is looking at getting one of those sony ericsson ones, probably similar to what you've got. The excitment of having a mobile phone lasted about 4 days for me. It's handy, but it's just a phone.

BangkokB
09-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I know this isn't 3G but I just got a Sony Ericsson W800i cell. It's the cats ass. I bought a 1 GB memory stick and have bw 150-200 mp3's stored. The camera is 2 mega pixels but I could care less. What sold me on it is that I can attach regular headphones to it so when I get my stroll on(which is more frequent than not) I have some travelling music. Or better yet I don't have to have the same conversation every morning with a different taxi driver. Let the music play

Oh yea. I strictly use prepaid cards and change my # up about once every 2 months. They changed the laws here recently where you have to show your passport to get issued a cell number but I've still found a few places that would rather have baht than a passport. Not a big fan of my details floating around to who knows where~ so that's the way I roll