PDA

View Full Version : TT5B Top of their Game!!!!

ArmenTanzarian
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Is it me or is TT5B like the best yet?

More hooks than a tackle box.

I've been spinning this for like 3 weeks stright and everytime it's just like better and better. Just seems to have that timeless quality Ill Comm has.

-a-

Rhys T
09-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, it's quite good.

dave790
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM

I've been spinning this for like 3 weeks stright and everytime it's just like better and better. Just seems to have that timeless quality Ill Comm has.

-a-

Good post, as far as I'm concerned theres no time like the present. Due to a kind person I recently saw some footage opf the Pareis show from last year, and although I saw the Beasties on that tour, and they've always been amazing live ect, but it just blew me away. Everything from their recent style on and offstage to how thir voices are makes me embrace the present.

I agree with your timeless quality thing aswell, to me theres a bunch of Beasties classics in there, and it works great as an album too. I know it doesn't work for some people, and thats fine, but I honestly think it's an amazing record, and at the time, and today even, it makes me happy knowing the Beasties are still putting out music I love (y)

dave.

DIGI
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM

No fucking way.

Kid Presentable
09-16-2005, 11:44 AM
I was a Beastie snob when they put out Hello Nasty.

Now I love it.

I didn't bother being a snob this time.

dave790
09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
I think over their career, there must be loads of fans who it took awhile for whatever record that was out to sink in, or for them to enjoy it as much as they probably do today.

midzi
09-16-2005, 11:57 AM
When I listen to the TT5B I'm not thinking,anylizing I just really enjoy it.

It's when I'm not listening to this record that I have this impression that it is not the same as in the past.

But I have the same feeling with all the current music(and everything in general) so I guess I'm just sentimental about the past. :)

cj hood
09-16-2005, 12:07 PM

-a-

drunk post alert!!!

Kid Presentable
09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
I think over their career, there must be loads of fans who it took awhile for whatever record that was out to sink in, or for them to enjoy it as much as they probably do today.

When Check your Head dropped, it was like a revolution. People were already caught up in the Nirvana shit, B-Boys came with the freshest shit around.

And it was still kinda underground in my neck of the woods. They always stood on the fringes in those days, but were doing the shit nobody ever though they could do.

ArmenTanzarian
09-16-2005, 01:12 PM
just didn't seem to be any sink-in time is all

it just sticks

the brouhaha portion after the pause towards the end...
"Just back from Japan.... wha wha"

stuck.

gaselite
09-17-2005, 04:47 AM
freaky, as soon as I read that post The Brouhaha started playing D:

Love that song (and album) btw

SILVERBEASTIE
09-17-2005, 04:57 AM
I love TT5B...very fresh indeedo!! Each album they have every done has great tracks on it, and some not so great..but one thing you always get with them....fresh every time!!

Weezman
09-17-2005, 05:26 AM

EXACTLY!! (y)

Im just now starting to REALLY appreicate TT5B....after a year or so??!!

I know Hello Nasty, IC, CYH didnt really sink in till......about a month or more.....now i can honestly say they are just as GREAT as any BEASTIE LP.

I do admit....LTI & Pauls B. really caught my ear.....instantly. FATALITY!!

boys_beastie
09-17-2005, 05:43 AM
i instantly really liked intergalactic when it came out, aswell as hello nasty ch-check it out and TTFB

rlwelch
09-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeah, gee, you're probably the only one'a'those... :rolleyes:

Kid Presentable
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
What strikes me about TT5B is that critics instantly decided it was the Beastie Boys "Looking Back".

It's not like Yauch was rhyming "I dropped the L in the hills, chilled out and polished guns. Dropped Paul's Boutique and I halfed my funds."

It's a cultural reflection, very Beastie like.

Thankfully they didn't call 'All Lifestyles' 'All Lifesteez'.

laurie_hammy
09-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Im so sick of people saying TT5B is SHIT, yeah you can say its not there best album, but saying its SHIT is just fu^%in stupid.