View Full Version : The Gullibility Factor test

buddylee
09-18-2005, 03:51 AM
http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

I got a 70 not too bad

Beth
09-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Your GF score is 82.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

mp-seventythree
09-18-2005, 05:14 AM

EDIT: I noticed if you clicked on False for every answer you still get 85

venusvenus123
09-18-2005, 05:17 AM
you're all gullible for completing that test!

guerillaGardner
09-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I also kinda cheated. If something seemed like the most obvious answer in some I pressed the least obvious answer. It would have worked better if it wasn't obviously a gullibility test.

TurdBerglar
09-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Your GF score is 76.
Mind slave Free thinker
0 (You) 100

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

TurdBerglar
09-18-2005, 12:34 PM
this test sucks

CJM
09-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Your GF score is 61.

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

not bad for a Canadian.

QueenAdrock
09-18-2005, 01:16 PM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=55808

DroppinScience
09-18-2005, 01:51 PM

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

--------------

That was interesting, BUT, I could totally see through this test's agenda. When they said mainstream outlets accurately report the events of the Iraq war, I thought: "Well, no, it hasn't been accurate" but then I thought that the alternative outlets aren't necessarily reporting it accurately, either.

Both sides report their news based on sensationalism and ideology. Some are more obvious than others, but they filter their news to what they wish for you to see.

Auton
09-18-2005, 02:05 PM
what a load of poop

b-grrrlie
09-18-2005, 02:40 PM

Free thinker.
I didn't even know what gullible meant until I checked the dictionary.

QueenAdrock
09-18-2005, 02:44 PM
(!) That word's not in the dictionary.

Sarky Devotchka
09-18-2005, 05:31 PM

but I could tell which ones were meant to be false. my mom told me about that bug thing. yuck. there's also fish scales in lots of makeup.

adrockmelanie
09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
when i was little, i had a couple silver fillings, but once i lost all of my baby teeth, anytime i've needed fillings since then, i got porcelain ones.

they were a little more expensive, but now i'm glad that i got them.

little j
09-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Your GF score is 58.

Learner

Nuzzolese
09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I got a 94 but it doesn't mean anything. You can tell which ones are supposed to be true and which false. They're so exaggerated. I got that crystals one wrong though.

Nuzzolese
09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
but I could tell which ones were meant to be false.

No kidding. Half of it I didn't even know what the hell they were talking about and I don't think I consciously know any of that stuff. It was just the way it was all worded they made it kind of obvious. Even if I did believe the stuff that was False, I'd question it just by reading the options in a gullibility test, the way they were written. This is like stuff that guy on the WHAT YOUR DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW infomercial with the expensive book where he preys on the fears of sick and unhealthy people by getting them to buy into his "conspiracy theories" and pay for access to his website, under the guise that he is education people. But I suppose that is the purpse of this test, to educate people. Still, what are their sources?!