PDA

View Full Version : Well I aint never seen that much blood in my life before

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 03:54 PM
someone here almost got their hand cut off in a lovely piece of machinery called "the jaw crusher" whose sole purpose is to smash big ass hunks of deep earth core rock into lil bebbe bits aka not something you want your hands around even though your jobs requires intimate contact with it for 8 hours shifts

:/

:/

sweet lord it looked like it was right to the bone

and when someone has to use a mop and rinse it twice to clean up the mess you know it was bad

:(

BionicEye
09-19-2005, 03:57 PM
sounds pretty heavy duty... i'm surprized there was any bone left

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
accidents happen, Im just so sad when they do :(

Echewta
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
i dated a girl with the same nickname :(

ScarySquirrel
09-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Seriously, are there no guidelines for safety at this place or what? Don't y'all have something like OSHA up there?

Echewta
09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Seriously Heiress, do not take your child to take your child to work day.

ToucanSpam
09-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Hieress I become more and more worried every time you bring up some kind of shitness associated with your job.

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
UPDATE:

hand gonna be ok
major artery was cut (hence bloodbath) and tendons extremely damaged
:(

accidents happen all the time, people are stupid and there are no safety guidelines out there to control that

I probably wont be able to have children if I work here any longer so dont worry about that chewie!

Echewta
09-19-2005, 05:26 PM
If you do have a child, please name him/her "Jaw Crusher." Right off the bat. Let people know where your baby stands from the get go.

Qdrop
09-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Seriously, are there no guidelines for safety at this place or what? Don't y'all have something like OSHA up there?

yeah, i asked her about that before.....

apparently not.....

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I never use this but for fucks sake :rolleyes:

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
naw, this happened in the sample prep area and im a lab rat

thank the lord!!

ToucanSpam
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Every fucking Building in Canada follows OSH commitee shit.

Heiress,

I never asked this before, but do you get to wear a white lab coat? With pens? and a yellow hardhat? and goggles? Cauuuuuuuse I whenevr you post about work, I picture you in that get up and holding beakers of poo. :D

jackrock
09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
if i saw that i would first, throw up... then faint and not get up for a while (n) :eek:

Bob
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
i once got my finger caught in a potato crusher, but yep, that sounds worse

HEIRESS
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
MASHED POTATOE LOL

Every fucking Building in Canada follows OSH commitee shit.
Heiress,
I never asked this before, but do you get to wear a white lab coat? With pens? and a yellow hardhat? and goggles? Cauuuuuuuse I whenevr you post about work, I picture you in that get up and holding beakers of poo. :D

yeah I wear a white lab coat, except its hella stained random colors now. actually I posted it once in sureshots. I got penssese (in my front pocket even!) but no hardhat cause its not that kinda lab. And I wear my normal glasses for most stuff, and then the goggles when required depending on what substances Im using

weee poo, actually Im normally holding a burnt CD in my hands on my way to the work stereo to switch up music, I swear I spent half my day DJing on the job. But yeah, I only do sewage samples on goddamn fridays
TGIF my ass...literally

Nuzzolese
09-20-2005, 08:00 AM
TGIF my ass...literally

Take my hand...please!

JBernas
09-20-2005, 09:23 AM
That sounds like a lot of blood :eek: The closest thing I've seen to something like that is a guy I used to work with at a restaraunt cut half of his finger off prepping food.... (n)

monkey
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
is it sick that i wish i had been there? i like helping bleeding people. im very good in situations where people are injured. i have a doctor's mentality in terms of blood. i think it's really cool. i see it as cells... yea im weird.

the only time i was freaked out by blood was when my brother first skinned his elbow. and by skinned, i mean SKINNED. i saw his bone. and i got scared cause i thought my brother was gonna have to be amputated or something (i was 12). and i was not freaked out by the blood as much as just freaked out by the fact that my brother was in pain. :(

Mike k
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah my friend just fell through a window at a pizza place and his finger was barely hanging on. this huge pain of glass came crashing down. Lucky he got up in time it would have probably killed him.