PDA

View Full Version : Lord of War

Herbivore
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Nicholas Cage, Jared Leto (uhhh....hott <~~ with 2 t's...cause he's that hott) and Ethan Hawke all in one....

can a girl be so lucky?
This movie rules, its was edgy and kurupt....
Hurray for outlaws and 5 o'clock shadows (y)

Mr Films
09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
it was pretty good. Andrew Niccol (Gattaca) is a top notch filmmaker when he wants to be but he can also suck it up hard (Simone).

this movie falls somewhere in between.

it tried to do what "Blow" did- make you sympathize with a bad guy.

it was aight.

Herbivore
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
ya know, I couldnt put my finger on it...but your "Blow"comment is exactly what I was trying to relate it to myself.

Mr Films
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
ya know, I couldnt put my finger on it...but your "Blow"comment is exactly what I was trying to relate it to myself.

except Blow pulled it off. I really could have cared less about nic cage's character by the end of the movie.

the opening sequence was brilliant. the movie, pretty ok.....i guess.

Herbivore
09-19-2005, 04:32 PM
absolutely, I guess there were a few hit and misses you could say and it could have had substance to impact the audience. I hate when movies have so much potential and they just dont pull it off completely. Compared to the crap I have seen all summer, this movie did stand out.

Mr Films
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Compared to the crap I have seen all summer, this movie did stand out.

true.

i also liked the sequence of the plane being dismantled and the president of Liberia was a great character. It was also good to see Leto back on screen- he was nuts.

Ethan hawke was under-used.

Herbivore
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I know...what a walk through performance.

Herbivore
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM

BangkokB
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Nicholas Cage is the cause of all lifes problems. His huge head would serve as a an effective kick drum

Audio.
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Nicholas Cage (n) :p He always looks like he is tired or something. In most movies he is a smart ass.

buddylee
09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Nicholas Cage (n) :p He always looks like he is tired or something.

of corse look at the women he runs with.

I think he's one of the few who reads the movies before he signs up for them