PDA

View Full Version : how to offer temporary housing to Katrina evacuees

enree erzweglle
09-20-2005, 07:03 AM
You can work with moveon.org to offer temporary housing to Katrina evacuees. For more information or to sign up, go to http://www.hurricanehousing.org/.

Tzar
09-20-2005, 07:10 AM
i just saw on the news that Norleans is preparing for another hurricane. that's messed up.

enree erzweglle
09-20-2005, 07:57 AM
i just saw on the news that Norleans is preparing for another hurricane. that's messed up.
It's a hurricane now. Those poor people. Last I heard before reading this was that Rita was still a tropical storm.

I honestly don't know how relief workers are going to get anything done in there in the next week or two, but I just heard that they're deploying people to the south today, tomorrow, and then again over the weekend. It's all unreal to me.

Tzar
09-20-2005, 08:02 AM
It's a hurricane now. Those poor people. Last I heard before reading this was that Rita was still a tropical storm.
oh i had a sleep straight after i saw it; it was called Rita - dunno if it was a storm or hurricane. can't remember, sorry.

enree erzweglle
09-20-2005, 08:20 AM
oh i had a sleep straight after i saw it; it was called Rita - dunno if it was a storm or hurricane. can't remember, sorry.
As soon as I read your post, Tzar, I went online and saw that it's now a hurricane. :( :( I've got friends who are doing relief work in those areas. I don't know if they're being pulled out or not.

cosmo105
09-20-2005, 09:31 AM
lovely rita

metermaid

:\