PDA

View Full Version : BITCH WE'RE IN A LIBRARY

QueenAdrock
09-20-2005, 03:19 PM
SO SHUT YOUR ASS UP!

They're whistling quietly, chatting, giggling, and TRYING OUT THEIR CELL PHONE RINGERS.

Not only that, I'm in the East Asia reading room, so that means that all the serious studying Asians are going to go kung-fu on their asses. And I get to watch. :cool:

mickill
09-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, because all asians know kung fu. Good thing it isn't happening in the Afro-American reading room, because this inconsiderate behavior surely would have incited a KFC and watermelon fight by now. YEAH! GOOD THING!

Nah, I'm jus playin.

QueenAdrock
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm thinkin' BBQ ribs and chitlins instead of KFC and watermelon.

Actually, U of Maryland did get in trouble for being "racist" last February. They wanted to have an African-American themed day at the diner during the Black History month, so they served collared greens, fried chicken, red beans, coleslaw, and watermelon.

Half the black people were like "Omg sweet, free food that we like" and the other half was like "Don't be racist."

I don't really see it as racist. It's just food. And it's food that they like. Why's it considered racist?

Chicka B
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
That is so fucking weird!!! I'm in a library right now too. I'm suppose to be doing my homework, so I'll be leaving now... :eek: :D

mickill
09-20-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't really see it as racist. It's just food. And it's food that they like. Why's it considered racist?

Uh....

Anyway, did the organizers dress in dashikis and do traditional African tribal dances to some G-Unit music for the black folk during their meal?

cookiepuss
09-20-2005, 04:17 PM
where's the librarian when you need her? She's suposed to regulate on all the loud whipper-snappers who don't respek the RULES!

mickill
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, if she's asian, she's probably off doing tai chi somewhere and if she's black, she's probably breastfeeding one of her 8 bastard children.

cookiepuss
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, if she's asian, she's probably off doing tai chi somewhere and if she's black, she's probably breastfeeding one of her 8 bastard children.

come on mike, you know that librarians are always 60 yr old white chicks who can barely dress themselves and haven't been laid in over a millenium. duh.

mickill
09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
:( Now I feel stupid.

Echewta
09-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I thought thats where DDD worked :confused:

Mike k
09-20-2005, 04:59 PM
They were just tryin to hook a brother up lol

Rich Cheney
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
LOL!

Documad
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
come on mike, you know that librarians are always 60 yr old white chicks who can barely dress themselves and haven't been laid in over a millenium. duh.
except when they're fat gay men

My library is now full of kids playing some kind of computer game at terminals all over the library and they scream sometimes.

(I've never seen a black friend eat collard greens. My mom loves them though. I think it's a southern thing not a race thing.)

zorra_chiflada
09-21-2005, 12:15 AM
except when they're fat gay men

haha
in the art school library, there's an old man that smells like cheese, and an old lady that walks dragging one leg behind her.

boys_beastie
09-21-2005, 02:10 AM
this fried chicken thing reminded me of me, myself and irene.

'umm do you people take cheques?'
'say that again...do we people take cheques? you mean a black man?!'
'no! no i meant your company!'
'don't gimme that backtrackin' bullshit! that was a racist slur!'
'n...no, really i would never...'
'tell ya' what! i'll make i real easy for ya', why don't you just pay me in cotton? or a cart-load o' watermelons? or hows about a couple o' buckets o' that fried chicken cause you know how we black people, well we just looove fried chicken!'

QueenAdrock
09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Uh....

Anyway, did the organizers dress in dashikis and do traditional African tribal dances to some G-Unit music for the black folk during their meal?

No, because it was African-American festivities. They did have rap music, however. I don't really know of any African-Americans who actually still dress in dashikis or eat African food or whatever else. Besides for the first-generation African-Americans. And they're few and far between, especially on campus.

I dunno. I can see why the whole fried chicken thing is considered a stereotype, and how it's just an assumption on most people's parts, but I don't see it as racist. Stereotypical, yes. But I don't think it's hurtful, or at least it shouldn't be. If someone called me a vodka-swilling reindeer-munching Finn, I'd be like "Yeah, what's your point?"

I loves me some venison.