PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race: Family Edition

mickill
09-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Go Black family! (http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3667)

Starts next week.

JBernas
09-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Can't wait....the greatest reality show on TV

My question is how are the kids going to be able to keep up? It's pretty grueling

mickill
09-22-2005, 11:53 AM
I think they're going to have shorter legs or something. The show, not the kids. Although I'm sure that a few of these kids do have shorter legs than their parents.

g-mile7
09-22-2005, 11:57 AM
LOL at "go black family" that made me smile

Rock
09-22-2005, 11:59 AM
My question is how are the kids going to be able to keep up? It's pretty grueling
They just aren't going to make the tasks half as grueling. which will make the show uber lame.

enree erzweglle
09-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Or they'll make the challenges more grueling in an effort to produce lots of drama. I think they get higher ratings when people abuse other people. I could do without that aspect of the show.

Echewta
09-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, I wonder if I'm going to be rooting against some of the kids for being evil.

bigblu89
09-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I feel family edition of AR is going to be it's eventual "Jump The Shark" moment.

JBernas
09-22-2005, 12:40 PM
They just aren't going to make the tasks half as grueling. which will make the show uber lame.

That would make it lame... (n)

Documad
09-22-2005, 10:26 PM
"Race viewers worried that the [family edition] would feature a "watered down" competition."

I enjoy the show, but PLEASE! It's not the difficulty of the tasks that makes it interesting. I do enjoy seeing other countries so it's too bad if more of it will be shot in the US. But I was bored to tears with the "dating models" so thank goodness they're out this time.

mickill
09-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Don't read this if you didn't see tonight's episode, TAL.

I can't believe the Black family is gone. Just like that *snap*. I found the looks on those two poor kid's faces absolutely tragic.

Man, those two Italian sons sure are great to their mother. The way they had her on a pedestal throughout the whole show, it just brought a tear to my eye.

I don't know who the hell to go for now that the Blacks are gone, so I guess I'll cheer the 4 sisters on.

JBernas
09-28-2005, 07:00 AM
[COLOR=Red]Man, those two Italian sons sure are great to their mother. The way they had her on a pedestal throughout the whole show, it just brought a tear to my eye.

They needed a good backhanding.

TAL
09-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the red text (y)

They all pretty much suck so far.

Best quote of the episode:
"Br" is probably bridge.

Echewta
09-28-2005, 09:53 AM
I love the mixes.

My rooting for the father and son-in-laws.

Please Jesus help us find the right street to turn on. In your name. Please. Reminded me of that SNL skit where Sally Fields is asking for Jesus's blessings and help for everything and Jesus shows up at the back door and asks her to stop. Just for the big stuff. I'm very busy.

Nuzzolese
09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
LOL at "go black family" that made me smile

no no it's "go Black family!" That's their name. Black.

Documad
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I love the mixes.

My rooting for the father and son-in-laws.

Please Jesus help us find the right street to turn on. In your name. Please. Reminded me of that SNL skit where Sally Fields is asking for Jesus's blessings and help for everything and Jesus shows up at the back door and asks her to stop. Just for the big stuff. I'm very busy.
I was sick as a dog and I wasn't expecting a 2-hour opener, but were there two or three families claiming that jesus would lead them? I'm glad that family of dead stock car dad still thinks jesus is with them.

I like the guy with the son-in-laws too. They're so sweet to him! I fear that he's going to hold them back at a crucial time though. The guy and his 3 daughters has potential too.

Also, I said the show wasn't about the difficulty of the challenges, but I hope they're going to do more than camp and then drive around the US looking for silos. snore.

Auton
09-28-2005, 09:42 PM
the dad of the southern family was super annoying. the Black kids were very sweet, was sad to see them go. I'll probably be cheering for the widow's family, the joggers, or the dad and his three daughters.

armyofme
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
[I can't believe the Black family is gone. Just like that *snap*. I found the looks on those two poor kid's faces absolutely tragic.

Man, those two Italian sons sure are great to their mother. The way they had her on a pedestal throughout the whole show, it just brought a tear to my eye.

I don't know who the hell to go for now that the Blacks are gone, so I guess I'll cheer the 4 sisters on.
My eyes welled up a little at the look on the older sons face. I wish it was one of the Adult teams that went first.

And the Family from Jersey...I can tell I will have a love-hate relationship with them, just like I did the Guidos, season one. I will hate them, but GOD DAMN will they be entertaining.

I like the Weavers and the Gaghan's (sp) myself.

g-mile7
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM

I see :)

hardnox71
09-30-2005, 07:00 PM
LOL :D :D
I haven't seen any of these episodes so I'm reading this thread thinking, 'Jesus, didn't anyone on this board happen the catch these peoples' last name? This shit doesn't make any sense.'

:rolleyes:

enree erzweglle
10-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm doing myself in if the Godlewski family is on for even one more week. Which, judging by the formula for this show, it looks like I'll be doing myself in several times over in the weeks to come. (I think they're going to be around for awhile.)

Women like the Godlewskis--loud, look-at-me, cackling/screeching women--MAN they get on my nerves. It's a pet peeve of mine--I dislike being around overbearing, attention-seeking, keyed up people.

(I know that much of it is in the editing, but I think that the Godlewski women are highly excitable and way too into themselves for what we're seeing to be just a product of poor or biased editing.)

And the mother & kids in the Paolo family--big needles in the eyes for me.

It's early, but aside of the eliminated team (I enjoyed them), I'm liking the dynamics/interaction in the Bransen, the Aiello, and the Linz families.

b-grrrlie
10-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Are these on any torrent?

TAL
10-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Are these on any torrent?
Yes! (http://www.mininova.org/)

b-grrrlie
10-01-2005, 03:52 PM
^^^ Wow!
That's a good torrent site!
Couldn't find Amazing race tho, but loads of Six Feet Under!
Some old Teardrop Explodes and Orange Juice as well, but they needed registering and there I just got 404 :(

TAL
10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
What? I find Amazing Race there when I want. Here's (http://www.mininova.org/tor/119466) the torrent for the first episode of the season.

b-grrrlie
10-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I searched through all the TV-shows and couldn't find it there. Weird.

TAL
10-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Ah, it's seems like it doesn't have it's own subcategory yet. Just use the search thing at the top of the page.

TAL
10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
It's just not the same when they're not trying to get to airports in time. I like how parents let their families down though.

bigblu89
10-05-2005, 08:17 AM
is this whole season going to stay within the U.S.?

armyofme
10-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Probably.

To risky to move kids from country to country like that. Especially with the kinds of places they go.

Plus that's a LOT of plane tickets...

Documad
10-05-2005, 08:22 AM
I think they're going to leave the US, but stay within or close to North America because of the kids. The producers admitted it might be lame on the travel side, but they hoped it would be interesting on a personal level.

I thought it wouldn't bug me that they were in the US so much, but it does.

armyofme
10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
It doesnt bug me. They came to my city which was cool. I watch it for the drama.

Although I do miss all the fanagling they do to try and get earlier flight tickets and stuff at the various airports.

bigblu89
10-05-2005, 08:27 AM
It doesnt bug me. They came to my city which was cool. I watch it for the drama.

Although I do miss all the fanagling they do to try and get earlier flight tickets and stuff at the various airports.

That was one of the best parts, when they would stagger the flights, so teams were literaly racing to get to the airports first.

This season is really lame in comparison.

armyofme
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
That was one of the best parts, when they would stagger the flights, so teams were literaly racing to get to the airports first.

This season is really lame in comparison.
My favorite was CHarla and Mirna sneaking off when everyone at the airport was asleep so they could secretly catch an earlier flight.

THAT's what Im TALKING about.

Echewta
10-05-2005, 09:52 AM
please jesus let them leave the U.S. Oh lord, please help them.

mickill
10-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Come on, people! That Lost thread is kicking our asses. Granted, a lot of you participate in that Lost thread, yourselves, but that's okay, I'm not judging you. You can watch one cool show and one fruity one. It's fine. But come on, let's get some passion happening, some fire.

By the way, I missed the show last night, so I don't really have anything to contribute, nor have I read any of the last 10 posts.

Echewta
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Apparently, Jesus helps people a lot during road travel. Espcially when navigating a map.

DandyFop
10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
omg you guys, so I heard, in the next episode, that that guy with the brown hair totally slaps the blonde woman, then the blonde woman gives some Asian guy a blowjob for ten dollars because they have no money for a cab ride to get to the next location (Mickill's anus)!

mickill
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
That's it. I'm gonna go be all obnoxious in your thread, slutcake.

DandyFop
10-05-2005, 10:43 AM
What? Mickill, these are cold hard facts - the teams are instructed to find their next clue inside your butt!

mickill
10-05-2005, 10:44 AM
You're lying. Nobody listen to her, she's just trying to sabotage the thread.

Echewta
10-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I dont think I would watch that episode if what she were saying is true.

DandyFop
10-05-2005, 10:53 AM
The cool thing about it is the producers have paid Mickill to eat a gallon of Chili before the show, so the team members have to ride it out, AND, they have to remember all of the lyrics of the diarhea song in order to survive!

When you're chuggin up a mountain and your butt becomes a fountain...

Documad
10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
I got a phone call with about 5 minutes to go. I saw the fighting family come in second to last. Who lost? Was it the icky dad who thinks men are better than women? It can't have been him because Jesus was on his side, I think. :confused:

TAL
10-06-2005, 06:32 AM
It was the Rogers family, with the dad who told his son to take the 30 East when 30 West was the correct one. Or west instead of east.

TAL
10-12-2005, 06:46 AM
See how much more interesting it gets when they stop riding around in cars? And when families go nuts.

mickill
10-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I didn't watch. But I taped it so I'll probably watch it tonight. About last week's ep, what's the deal with the dad with the 3 daughters? Couldn't this guy have tried to get in shape before the show? I mean, it's called the Amazing Race. Didn't that indicate to him that perhaps maybe there'd be a tad bit of racing involved? I swear it's like, take 5 steps and he's out of breath. Take another step, rest, repeat. I don't know, maybe there's more to his condition, but if I was gonna be on the show, I'd train like a muhfugger beforehand.

Echewta
10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
I think i'm ready to give up on it.

mickill
10-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah, this season is kinda sucking ass real hard.

And there's no hot chiquititas. And what's with those annoying sons in-laws? They're some real proud Americans. We get it. And what's with that one kid's short shorts? And turtle dad on top of all this.

TAL
10-19-2005, 01:50 PM
So I guess I'm the only one left watching?

TAL
10-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah, we’re runnin’ a little bit hot tonight.
I can barely see the road from the heat comin’ off of it.
Ah, you reach down, between my legs,
Ease the seat back.

I feel so alone in this thread.

TAL
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
3 in a row. I win.

TAL
11-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Well I still like it.

They ended up in Salt Lake City last night, I recognized stuff.

DandyFop
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey I didn't mean to end up in this thread. How did that happen?

And weirdly enough just below a post about SlC. SPOOOOKY.

Thomas and I even WATCHED that show in SLC OMG

TAL
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes! First time I ever watched it when it actually aired.

Thank you for letting me do that :)

TAL
12-15-2005, 12:12 AM
WOOOOOO! YAY!! God lost.

*waits for February*

TAL
11-12-2007, 03:44 AM
BUMP!

They said "cunt" on CBS! Just because the male goth in the race calls himself Kynt. His girlfriend is Vyxsen,
and she clearly said "Good job, cunt(Kynt)!" in the latest episode.

EDIT: crap, this was the family edition thread.

g-mile7
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
the blacks