PDA

View Full Version : the experiment/experience of other people

zippo
09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
im not talking about the concept of friendship or relationships, because we all already do that. but i mean, "the experiment/experience of other people" in the sense of making it an interest or activity. working on the actual act of human communication, as if it were an activity you would partake in like surfing or playing guitar in a band or reading on philosophy. ive been intrerested in this during my teenage years and recently the interest has grown back in me.

what i mean is seeing a person as something to "invest" your time in, being extremely observational, paying attention to details like nonverbal communication, the subjects they talk about, the interest they talk about them with, what they do, what they dont do, how they react to things you say, how they react to the context youre in....and use all this to invest in the project that is learning about this person. using all this (and all the rest there could be ofcourse) to expermient this persons possibilities as a human beings with a mind. seeing yourself more as a provoker (tester) and not so much as a participator inside the conversation. take the actual moment as if you were reading a book, and learning, learning about something, in which this case, would be the Person and his/her communicational characteristics, in which you would be handling a situation, steering it to the left, to the right, up down, diagonally, etc.

the thing would be taking the whole "conversation" deal, to a greater level of meaning and own personal capacity through focusing on them, more than your own participation or effect on them. focusing on their effect on you, their effect on others that is, in the end. taking individual sentences, thoughts and applying them to a greater more global significance which would give us a sort of conclusion on the person. this interest only occurs ofcourse when you have people that are worth applying this to, people that spark an interest in you for any reason, usually it being because they have an un common trait, which could go from theyre a bit crazy due to some reason (in your opinion) or they engage in an activity you would never engage in, or they do something you think is very wrong, or they do something you admire although i dont know why, but this tends to lean to a more negative side more than to a positive one. so i dont know if someone you admire would fit well for this. because then maybe it would be more about learning "from" and not learning "about".

then again, its not about taking the decision to do this, it should come naturally. and its not about learning from but more like learning about, like ive said. people can be the best novels sometimes, the best recreational webpages or the best cotton candy and roller coaster rides and i adore them.

jabumbo
09-22-2005, 10:26 PM
i want to make out with zippo in the elevator of the sears tower

zippo
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
like the feeling when a song gets to its climax- that emotional, strong, minor noted singers hum shared with the rise of the instruments, my creative/imaginative cycle has once again come back and is here...it has always came and then gone away, came and then gone away, came and then gone away, each time each cycle lasting longer, which is obviously good and bad. but thank the lord, after a long couple of months (when before when i was younger it used to just be weeks! :( ) i cant stop the thoughts that are once again driving me nuts and flowing freely once again in my head.

respect to fingers and hands (y)

you know what i mean?

zippo
09-22-2005, 10:38 PM
i want to make out with zippo in the elevator of the sears tower

oh baby