PDA

View Full Version : I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL!

Tzar
09-23-2005, 06:54 AM
BEST DRIVING SONG EVER!

no, you don't understand; it is THE best song to play with a car full of mates about to get drunk!

Rock
09-23-2005, 07:40 AM
I think that could be said about 90% of AC/DC's songs. TNT. Jailbreak. Back In Black. blah blah blah blah

Tzar
09-23-2005, 07:41 AM
werd.

all their songs are ultimate. \m/

laurie_hammy
09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Fight For Your Right is nice for me. And Intergalactic simply because they are the only songs my mates know and can sing along too.

Tzar
09-23-2005, 07:53 AM
yeah but... dude... it's acca dacca we're talking about here!

ANGUS, ANGUS, ANGUS!!

mickill
09-23-2005, 08:19 AM
I don't know, man....I mean, I dig AC/DC, but I personally prefer Metallica. But that's just me. I don't know about you all, but that's just me.

Tzar
09-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I don't know, man....I mean, I dig AC/DC, but I personally prefer Metallica. But that's just me. I don't know about you all, but that's just me.
for driving music? 'tallica are my second band but...

my mates got stuck into today about Metallica. one knows nothing about metal music and says they're crap. the other dude is into the hardcore metal stuff and he reckons they're overrated. i was so tempted to get into a biigggg verbal fight but... they wouldn't listen to me anyway.

Rancid_Beasties
09-23-2005, 08:32 AM
AC/DC > Metallica X 2

But metallica are still awesome.

AC/DC are on another level.

Tzar
09-23-2005, 08:32 AM
AC/DC are on another level.
two different types of music. but yeah, AC/DC have that enigma that other bands don't have. (y)

Rancid_Beasties
09-23-2005, 08:38 AM
two different types of music. but yeah, AC/DC have that enigma that other bands don't have. (y)
I know they are totally different types of music (well actually they aren't that far apart, I mean they are both within the "heavy-rock" genre at least), but when comparing them as bands on the whole, AC/DC are far superior. Thats just my opinion though, and I'm not bagging metallica because I think they are awesome too (st anger, not so awesome imo, but then again neither is stiff upper lip).

Rock
09-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Metallica was good until Garage Days Re-Revisted. "The Black Album" has a couple of catchy songs but they went doooooooooooown hill fast with that and after that album. Sorry Tzar.

roosta
09-23-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah, we were blasting that driving towards Vegas....most appropriate...

BangkokB
09-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I challenge you to hear a bass line in And Justice for All. When Cliff died Metallica as we know it died, but Bob Rock really went above and beyond the call of duty to turn them into a pop band

CrankItUp!
09-23-2005, 03:37 PM
AC/DC deserves props for being a true rock band that never wrote a pussy ballad song or ever had an unplugged acoustic or symphony release. They have nothing to prove and they have always been kick ass ! (y)

jackrock
09-23-2005, 03:50 PM
i see an opprotunity for a new poll thread!...

Lemmy's Liver
09-23-2005, 03:55 PM
I got me a DVD of early AC/DC tv performances, like, 77-79. found it in a cheap ass supermarket here for 4.90 and was sure it's a rip-off. well, no sir, it is not.

it is just fucking unbelievably good rock and Bon Scott is just a massive hard cock that just happens to look like a human being. at times.

sad fact is, the band went to hell after he died. sad fact 2, Metallica did it after Cliff. been listening to a lot of the 1st 3 albums lately and "master of puppets"... man, there is no weak link there. I grew up listening to it and that one is still probably the record I have been listening to most in my life. that's one perfect record. "battery" is a perfect song. period. put on "...justice" after that and it's like listening to Sonny & Cher sing "jingle bells".

but yeah, back to topic. early ACflashDC is brilliant driving music. I don't drive, so I be the one pumping up the volume and playing "riff raff" over and over again and throwing the empties at kids. (y)

Tzar
09-23-2005, 06:00 PM
put on "...justice" after that and it's like listening to Sonny & Cher sing "jingle bells".
AJFA is my favourite album, but i was listening to it on the bus yesterday and was like "whoa...hang on a tick...this ain't anywhere near MOP".

One is pretty much Welcome Home but different lyrics and riffs but the structure of the song is the same; slow start, slow riff during the verses, picks up and gets heavy during the chorus, repeat again, end of verses = blown out fucking fast shit, then they have the different verses; the "fear of living on, natives etc etc" as to the "darkness...imprisoning me". VERY similar songs

i still like One and AJFA (as an album) more for unknown reasons. Frayed Ends of Sanity = the biggest fucking \m/ when you have it cranked! the riff is soo killer.

Lemmy's Liver
09-23-2005, 06:48 PM
nah man. listen to the dry production of AJFA, it's just an insult to the music. good songs, but the sounds kill it all.

where's the fucking BASS on that record?! they wanted to show Newguy his place or what. =no bass.

I'm not saying I don't LIKE the album. it's just a loser compared to the first 3 ones. I saw them live in Helsinki during the "justice" tour and they were brilliant, almost better than 1984 when I saw them the first time. almost.

Tzar
09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
where's the fucking BASS on that record?! they wanted to show Newguy his place or what. =no bass.
the excuses i've heard were: jase's bass lines ran exactly with james' rhythm lines and when they listened to it (whilst recording/mastering whatever) with the bass at a normal level; it sounded fucked. the bass just got in the way of the rhythm riffs.

i read that somewhere - James said something along those lines.

Jason is my favourite member - past/present/future. the guy kicked so much ass on stage. his back-up vocals won't be matched by anyone in the future Metallica.

so how 'bout that song, Jailbreak! good song.

Lemmy's Liver
09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
"Jailbreak '74" is my favourite, man. Together with "High Voltage", top top top notch. (y)

Jaaaaaaail-brreakkk!

Tzar
09-24-2005, 03:31 AM
"High Voltage"
abso-fucking-lutely.

listening to the version off their "Live" album. goes for 10 minutes. (y)

scotty
09-24-2005, 08:02 AM
The beauty of AC/DC is that they never pussied out. They came at you from three fronts - Bon Scott, Angus and a killer rhythm section. The ultimate rock band IMO. I mean, you can't deny Jailbreak, High Voltage, Hells Bells, Dirty Deeds, Highway To Hell, TNT....the list goes on.

Metallica are the same. Lars Cliff Kirk and James. Hard as fuck, completely uncompromising. Just listening to Seek and Destroy from Kill 'Em All sends shivers down my spine. And Master....well, 'nuff said.

Tzar
09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
The beauty of AC/DC is that they never pussied out. They came at you from three fronts - Bon Scott, Angus and a killer rhythm section. The ultimate rock band IMO. I mean, you can't deny Jailbreak, High Voltage, Hells Bells, Dirty Deeds, Highway To Hell, TNT....the list goes on.

Metallica are the same. Lars Cliff Kirk and James. Hard as fuck, completely uncompromising. Just listening to Seek and Destroy from Kill 'Em All sends shivers down my spine. And Master....well, 'nuff said.
quite possibly the greatest post i've ever read. that brings a tear to my eye. (y)

zorra_chiflada
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
i hope there's no driving when drunk.

Tzar
09-24-2005, 09:38 PM
i hope there's no driving when drunk.

no no no, the driver is never drunk - just the passengers.

Brass_Munkey
09-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Sorry but the best driving song is Roadhouse Blues by The Doors

And it's one of the ultimate bar songs of all-time as well.

Kill two birds with one stone with the power of Jim Morrison. :cool:

DroppinScience
09-25-2005, 09:42 PM
"Highway to Hell", "Back In Black", "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)"... classic albums. But I have no desire to listen to AC/DC outside of those albums. It's all the same song anyways. :p

I'll vouch for Metallica up until "St. Anger" (contrary to those metal purists, I really enjoyed "Load" and "Re-Load").

But I think we all know that Black Sabbath owns both of them. (y)

Medellia
09-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I know I will get sooooo much crap for this, but Incubus's SCIENCE is an excellent album for long ass road trips. At least the long ass road trips I go on. Tenacious D is the best road trip alvum ever though.

steve-onpoint
09-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Celine Dion.

laurie_hammy
09-26-2005, 05:44 AM
no no no, the driver is never drunk - just the passengers.

Good cause if the driver was drinking he'd be a "Bloody Idiot" only Aussies will know where thats from.