PDA

View Full Version : I guess I like being a loner!

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure if I really do, but sometimes I think I enjoy it. I like watching movies by myself, I like to listen to music by myself and I even like to talk to myself, although I love talking to other people too. But I don't know. I am too selfish. It's sad.:/Being a loner may sound bad, but it feels good most of the time in reality. At least for me. My mother told me that maybe I'm so used to be a loner that I'm used to it, it's not that I really enjoy it. I'm really not sure! I don't think it's just a phase either. Hopefully I'm wrong! :o

Do you like being a loner? (that is, if you are?)

TurdBerglar
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
im a fuckn' hermit and i seem to love it

little j
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
sometimes yeah. i love going to movies alone and just going somewhere and shopping alone and reading alone.
i dont need other people.
i think its healthy if you dont need other people...:D

hi msf

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm that way too. We should hang out.

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm that way too. We should hang out.
Wouldn't that kinda ruin our loner way of life?:p

Hi, little j!:)

zorra_chiflada
09-24-2005, 09:05 PM
i never used to be, but it now seems like i am.

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Wouldn't that kinda ruin our loner way of life?:p
I'm willing to take that risk.

ToucanSpam
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I do but I don't.

I like being alone to read and think.

I don't like being alone in a class, like having no one I know. (n)

tracky
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I think for a while, the last few years, I have been quite happy being alone. But that doesn't mean I really want to be alone, especially lately, I feel like my life is stagnating a bit. I need to get out from this little tiny messy smelly dirty room. I mean, I do. But I need to move on.

Mido
09-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I've been a loner most of my life. Doesn't bother me at all unless i'm alone because nobody wants to be with me. Then it's just sad.

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I've been a loner most of my life. Doesn't bother me at all unless i'm alone because nobody wants to be with me. Then it's just sad.
Does that matter?

And Thomas, how will us manage to do that?

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, you said in the other thread that you're moving :)

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, you said in the other thread that you're moving :)
To Finland? :D

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Um, alright then.

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
LONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
You can have your own room.

miss soul fire
09-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Most important thing to a loner!!!:D

TAL
09-24-2005, 09:47 PM
I have it all planned, so pack your bags.

Mido
09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Does that matter?

i'd say so. i don't particularly like being hated.

Documad
09-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I enjoy people, but my favorite person to hang out with is me.

If I can't spend a couple of hours alone at a coffee shop, it's not a real weekend.

Tzar
09-24-2005, 10:34 PM
but my favorite person to hang out with is me.
werd.
y'can listen to YOUR music without people telling you to change the song; you can watch YOUR movies without comments like "oh this one sucks!!".

it goes off (y)

Documad
09-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Do you know people who can't be alone? I think there is something wrong with them.

I have a good friend who can't do anything alone. If we're going to a party, she wants to pick me up and ride with me even if it's 10 miles out of her way. If we get invited to a wedding, she wants to go in on a gift. If her husband is out of town, she wants a friend to come over and watch TV. She has never eaten in a restaurant alone or seen a movie in a theater alone.

Bob
09-24-2005, 11:00 PM
i think i do too. but i'm wierd. it's like; i want people to pay attention to me at all times, except for the times when i want to be left alone, and i want people to understand it unconditionally and leave me alone, and then pay attention to me again when i want them to, or something

so basically, to be popular, with the option to be alone whenever i want to.

for the most part though, yeah, i'd say i like to be left to myself. people bug me if i have to be near them for very long. i think that's the primary reason i don't see myself getting married. every roomate i've ever had, i find something to hate about them, immediately, no matter how much i liked them beforehand. so i'll meet a girl, we'll get along famously, but then we'll move in together, and within a week, i'll hate her. maybe she chews too loud. maybe she leaves the sponge in the sink. maybe she sniffles at night. i don't know. but i hate her guts and i think we should see other people. i'm sorry but it's for the best

i want her back already :(

Documad
09-24-2005, 11:23 PM
maybe she chews too loud. maybe she leaves the sponge in the sink. maybe she sniffles at night. i don't know. but i hate her guts and i think we should see other people. i'm sorry but it's for the best
You are Jerry Seinfeld.

Bob
09-24-2005, 11:36 PM
You are Jerry Seinfeld.

maybe she has man-hands :(

miss_bhaven
09-25-2005, 06:35 AM
Umm ok. What kind of person likes to be a 'loner'...?! Maybe you've been one all ur life hunni - therefore u obviously don't know any better....Crazee!!!! :p

b-grrrlie
09-25-2005, 06:48 AM
I have been a loner all my life, it has felt weird if I'd been with someone.
I am very anti-social, I prefer going out to gigs and usually even movies by myself, I very rarely find people with similar taste and when my sister has come along she's always slagged off my favourite bands so I don't wanna take her along either.
Some people (like my aunt) talk too much so I can't be in their company for more than three hours at a time before they get annoying, and even when I get friends over from Finland, usually for several days, sometimes I have to find excuses so that I be alone for a while, even tho I enjoy their company alot, those rare occations that I see them.

ChrisLove
09-25-2005, 08:00 AM
I too have always been a loner and generally prefer my own company to that of other people, recently I have found I can get quite lonely when Im with large groups of people, as a result I have become quite reclusive of late.

Tzar
09-25-2005, 09:23 AM
I am, not like I like it, but it justs works best for me. I like to go to the movies on my own, because no-one likes all the movies I go to see. But I'd like to know someone who does, and would go with me. Same with music, I am fairly unique with these sort of things.

I wish I could meet a girl who had similar interests as me.
not doing time 'ey?
hey have you seen a french movie called The Nest?

i watched it the other day... was alright

miss soul fire
09-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Umm ok. What kind of person likes to be a 'loner'...?! Maybe you've been one all ur life hunni - therefore u obviously don't know any better....Crazee!!!! :p
That's what I wrote if you read it. So you didn't say anything new on this thread, pinky writing.:p

miss_bhaven
09-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Meh...Just don't understand how someone would WANT to be a 'loner' :confused:

b-grrrlie
09-25-2005, 10:31 AM
I don't like people. They talk too much.

miss soul fire
09-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Meh...Just don't understand how someone would WANT to be a 'loner' :confused:
Only people who likes to be a loner would know that. It's hard for other people to understand. Why does being a loner has to be bad?
It's not like you are a ermit like Turd, you just happen to enjoy to be alone more than with a person, I mean most of the time, not all the time though. I like people, just less than the usual. :p

miss_bhaven
09-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Only people who likes to be a loner would know that. It's hard for other people to understand. Why does being a loner has to be bad?
It's not like you are a ermit like Turd, you just happen to enjoy to be alone more than with a person, I mean most of the time, not all the time though. I like people, just less than the usual. :p

Ok...fair enough then.

M.C. Guevera
09-26-2005, 03:16 AM
There are times where I HAVE to be around people or else I'll go crazy, but there have also been times where I HAVE to be myself or I'll go crazy! I've been a loner for the majority of my life, and I really have no problem with it. However, since I've moved to Miami, I've wanted to hang out with people more and more. The reason for that is instead of going to high school, I was home schooled for a year or so. Then that just sort of vanished, and I've been spending the last 2 years or so just lounging about in my house, doing nothing but surfing the internet and sleeping all day. So, I've gotten pretty tired of being by myself. The only friend I've made since moving to Miami is always busy. Busy to the point that if I can contact him it's a miracle. I'm hoping this will change soon, because being by myself 24 hours a day is getting tiresome.

And yet, when I'm actually with people, sooner or later I'll get sick of them and want to be myself. The advantage to not being in high school, is that I can sleep as late as I want. So, I usually get up around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, or sometimes 7 or 8 at night, and I'll stay up the whole night, surfing the internet, like I'm doing right right now now. Then at 7 in the morning, my mom will wake up, and we'll drive to McDonald's to get breakfast, and then I'll come home and surf the internet for the rest of the day, along with playing my videogames. I've had some good times doing just that. Infact, that's how I became a Beastie Boys fan. I spent the whole night surfing the internet for anything Beastie Boys related. By morning, I could call myself a fan.

discopants
09-26-2005, 03:39 AM
The thing is when your're one your're own you can do what you want to the way you do it.
I've got a ton of mates it's just that I never wanna go beyond superficial chit- chat, the moment that they start talking about their personal problems I want them to fall into a hole. Not a big one. I also despise listening to other peoples conversations.

miss_bhaven
09-26-2005, 05:04 AM
This thread is fkn weird (n)

tracky
09-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi miss_bhaven, welcome to the bbmb ;)

Rancid_Beasties
09-26-2005, 05:31 AM
This thread is fkn weird (n)
Well what did you expect coming to a message board, I mean although this one does have an unusually high amount of normal people on it, theres still gonna be people who prefer to talk to people over the net than in person. That kinda thing would go well with generally liking to be alone. I dunno, I dont understand wanting to be alone all the time, I mean I'd get fucken bored, but i can understand why somebody would want some alone time.

Tzar
09-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Well what did you expect coming to a message board, I mean although this one does have an unusually high amount of normal people on it, theres still gonna be people who prefer to talk to people over the net than in person. That kinda thing would go well with generally liking to be alone. I dunno, I dont understand wanting to be alone all the time, I mean I'd get fucken bored, but i can understand why somebody would want some alone time.

yeah i agree but i can see where rach is coming from too. we're (including yourself) still young too so i suppose we can't full understand.

i, personally, love seeing my mates and friends so i hope i don't "turn into a loner" to the extent where i get sick of talking to people. (n) i'm sure i'll want some alone time too in the future.

Rancid_Beasties
09-26-2005, 06:22 AM
There are some activities that shit me after a while, like if I go to a club more than 3 nights in a row its starts to piss me off, I just have to have a night in ya know. Where I can sleep in my own bed instead of crashing at other peoples houses on their couch/floor. But I dont really envisage myself being able to go more than a week or two without going out in one form or another.

zippo
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
the negative part in my personality is that I have serious problems being dependant in general since i was a kid. its gotten better though as the years have gone by, fortunately, meaning ive been gowing up. but its funny because, sometimes its about having someone else there until I can lure them into supporting my own opinion or action, without never really being open to change my original opinion or action in the first place, no matter what they say. im so fukin stubborn sometimes