PDA

View Full Version : Solid Gold Hits Tour

Rob Dogg
09-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey I dunno if this has been asked, but does anyone know if the Beasties plan to tour to promote the Solid Gold Hits album?

dave790
09-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't think so mate, for now probably just some interviews and tv appearences. I think Yauch said maybe next year they'll do some shows, but nothing this year. Although i doubt this is of huge significance there's still the fact Yauchs knee hasn't recovered, but yeah for now looks like some standard promo stuff, no touring yet.

dave

Chicka B
09-25-2005, 01:00 PM
They'll be doing promotions... (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=995131&postcount=115)

but no shows 'til next year, maybe. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=995137&postcount=121) Thanks to cj hood for asking and Yauch for replying. ;)

cj hood
09-25-2005, 07:51 PM
They'll be doing promotions... (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=995131&postcount=115)

but no shows 'til next year, maybe. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=995137&postcount=121) Thanks to cj hood for asking and Yauch for replying. ;)

ya gotta ask the tough questions!

Laver1969
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
If looking at their touring history is any indication...then chances are good they could tour next year.

LTI - toured multiple times
PB - wishful thinking
CYH - toured twice
IC - Lollapolooza and Quadrophonic tours
HN - In the Round and a scheduled R&R tour

*fingers crossed for '06

enree erzweglle
09-25-2005, 08:46 PM
A friend and I were discussing how having a torn ACL (ouch ouch ouch) would affect various Beastie stage moves. And then we were trying to imitate the moves that would be un/affected and that was fun and funny.

Could one of them be an effective one-third of the weave with an ACL injury? I think so although I've never seen it performed in person. But I don't know about something pivoty and weight-bearing & twisty like this (http://www.beastieboys.com/blog/gallery/101104_philly/086_G). Maybe that might need to be chucked or reengineered. :D

Ouch. I cringe for you, ACL knee.

Tzar
09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
If looking at their touring history is any indication...then chances are good they could tour next year.

LTI - toured multiple times
PB - wishful thinking
CYH - toured twice
IC - Lollapolooza and Quadrophonic tours
HN - In the Round and a scheduled R&R tour

*fingers crossed for '06

TT5B - they toured australia/nz (big day out) :cool:

Rhys T
10-05-2005, 10:06 AM
A friend and I were discussing how having a torn ACL (ouch ouch ouch) would affect various Beastie stage moves. And then we were trying to imitate the moves that would be un/affected and that was fun and funny.

Could one of them be an effective one-third of the weave with an ACL injury? I think so although I've never seen it performed in person. But I don't know about something pivoty and weight-bearing & twisty like this (http://www.beastieboys.com/blog/gallery/101104_philly/086_G). Maybe that might need to be chucked or reengineered. :D

Ouch. I cringe for you, ACL knee.

Perhaps they could bring on a substitute for the weave.

MrPerfect
10-12-2005, 01:50 AM
MCA's knee will be fine. I'm a big wrestling fanactic, and wrestling go out with a torn ACL all the time. Yes, it's a big injury and keep's guys out of action for a few months, but they always make a come back.

With the Beastie Boys not touring this year or anything, and can come out with a new CD and tour whenever they want, it's good that he can rest it.

So he'll be fine. So the Beastie's will still be able to do "The Weave". And with the way the wrestler's are able to bend and flex, etc, then it only leads me to believe that MCA's knee will be just fine in a few months.

If the Beastie's come out with a new CD and tour again, then he may not do much running around (he didn't move around that much at the Seattle show), so he might just be taken it easy.

But who know's, wrestler's are also a hell of alot stronger than MCA is, so they could also heal faster. Who knows.

Anyways, I wish MCA the best, and I know that he'll be fine. Because in reality... at show's MCA, never really did that much running around... EVER. It was usually Mike D & AdRock just dancing and jumping around. MCA would kinda stand there bobbin' his head. So it's all good, and he'll be fine.

Laver1969
10-12-2005, 07:44 AM
MCA's knee will be fine. I'm a big wrestling fanactic, and wrestling go out with a torn ACL all the time. Yes, it's a big injury and keep's guys out of action for a few months, but they always make a come back.

Are you really trying to say that MCA is really a wrestler??? :)

still ill
10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
a couple of shows where they played the hits album from fron to back would be sufficent..

guyute88
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
in one of the stories about "awosome", mca was asked if "solid gold" ment the end of the b-boys. he said.....................................

guyute88
11-19-2005, 09:51 PM
As you may already be aware Beastie Boys' Solid Gold Hits is out on November 8. Does Solid Gold Hits mean the end of the Beastie Boys? When asked by Billboard.com, Yauch said only, "That's not true."

there it is.

minorthreat
11-20-2005, 09:36 AM
that doesn't sound good...

Chad the Lad
12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
wot i read was something along the lines of "we wanna be up there with Elton John" (explaining the release) kinda takin the piss there, but hey! fret not!

i can see the beasties doin the festivals next year.(c'mon T in the Park!)
y'know coachella, fuji, blah blah..................

beastie bee
12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't think so mate, for now probably just some interviews and tv appearences. I think Yauch said maybe next year they'll do some shows, but nothing this year. Although i doubt this is of huge significance there's still the fact Yauchs knee hasn't recovered, but yeah for now looks like some standard promo stuff, no touring yet.

dave
he must have really hurt his leg :( , poor guy! :(

netback
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I could only hope, I missed their last tour cuz I was broke but now I would have to catch this one!

Tzar
12-15-2005, 09:05 AM
yauch did an ACL? fuck... that's heavy 'ey

full-season killer if you play a sport.

Lollapalooza
12-22-2005, 10:22 AM
mabye -- mabey o not they touring ...... :D

Funkyfreshgrape
12-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I hope they do! :D (y)

paulb
12-23-2005, 02:29 PM
a SGH tour would be cool.

steve-onpoint
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
a SGH tour would be cool.

i prefer to use the adjective tremendous when describing this tender, prolifically insightful telltale.

wrongwayandugg
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey I dunno if this has been asked, but does anyone know if the Beasties plan to tour to promote the Solid Gold Hits album?

yes, i know.

BangkokB
01-01-2006, 10:16 AM
They need to play Hey Ladies live since they put that on their greatest hits and have never played it live.

Also they need to come back to BKK~Dedication would hit the ball outta the park here

Fuck if the Backstreet Boys can make their way here why can't the Beasties?

They did play here in '95 though.

wrongwayandugg
01-01-2006, 02:56 PM
They need to play Hey Ladies live...

or else.