PDA

View Full Version : Channel V (Aus) This Weekend (Oct 1 - 3)

gaselite
09-30-2005, 06:59 AM
So I couldn't help but notice that this long weekend channel V is playing Big Day Out sets all day every day. This means that the '05 Beasties set is going to come up eventually (also coz it was in the promo clips) :D

I suggest anyone with V checks it out :) (and records if possible... I can't)

minton
09-30-2005, 07:16 AM
It's available on the hub already, though I wouldn't recommend watching it. The camera operators and editor(s) must have been having a joke with that set.

Junker
09-30-2005, 08:33 AM
It's available on the hub already, though I wouldn't recommend watching it. The camera operators and editor(s) must have been having a joke with that set.

Why?

minton
09-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Why?

I suppose it's mostly the poor editing that ruins it. They don't know whuch shots to show at which times...so you end up looking at a pole on the stage for example rather than the person whose verse/line it is at the time.

tpk
09-30-2005, 06:51 PM
i think the real issue is how some people get too caught up in modern technology. like nowadays a lot of live broadcasts focus on having crazy effects and weird angles and fast zoom-in zoom-out effects. i mean in a year from now we'll probably be seeing like artificial characters on stage running around trying to bring the hype up. sometimes it's just better to keep it simple and raw.

minton
09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
i think the real issue is how some people get too caught up in modern technology. like nowadays a lot of live broadcasts focus on having crazy effects and weird angles and fast zoom-in zoom-out effects. i mean in a year from now we'll probably be seeing like artificial characters on stage running around trying to bring the hype up. sometimes it's just better to keep it simple and raw.

I agree. Completely. I bet it was the camera man who kept walking in front of us when we were taking photos that was responsible for the crazy zooming and angles, too. Sheesh.

synch
09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I like what MTV did with the melkweg gig though.

It can still be done properly :)

Probably a lousy director and/or editor or at least one that wasn't used to making video's of concerts.

minton
09-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I like what MTV did with the melkweg gig though.

Yeah, I've seen a bit of that one. It's a million times better than the Channel [V] broadcast. That's because they kept it relatively simple.

synch
09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
They did have it slightly easier though as it was just the three mic's and the dj kit plus a small stage... but... they got good shots and edited it properly. Still takes skill.

I'll have to check the hub out, curious to see how bad it actually is :) (and what goodies have been added in the past months, haven't been on there in ages!)

gaselite
10-01-2005, 07:09 AM
yeah I saw some of it on the hub but only abot 4 tracks, I was hoping for a more complete set, maybe the whole show, at some stage on the weekend. But they're doing crap bands instead :(

Actually nah some of it's pretty good.

Rhys T
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
yeah I saw some of it on the hub but only abot 4 tracks, I was hoping for a more complete set, maybe the whole show, at some stage on the weekend. But they're doing crap bands instead :(

Actually nah some of it's pretty good.

Unfortunately they only showed those 4 tracks which was dissappointing, you can find most of the audio on the hub though.