PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Honories for Hip-Hop Honors

Ninja
10-01-2005, 01:32 PM
If you could chose who could be the next honories who would it be? They couldn't be in the 1990's because of the order that the show is going in, but like the late 1980's. They seem to have 7 honories each year and one not being a rapper. My list goes as follows:

1. Beastie Boys (Of Cousre)
2. Doug E. Fresh
3. Slick Rick
4. Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff
5. Eric B. and Rakim
6. Queen Latifah
7. Yo MTV Raps!

Don't knock the list till you know the history.

What is yall's choices?

Ninja
10-01-2005, 03:52 PM
F latifat and fresh prince

What?? Are you Kidding??!!
Queen brought so much to the game that its unheard of.
And Prince and Jazzy were the first to get a grammy, how can you say "F" to that.

King PSYZ
10-01-2005, 04:44 PM
seriously?
you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Latifa set a standard for female MCs to be rekoned with not to be dismissed as a fad.

As to Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff, well shit back in the day Prince had a different approach to a clean hip hop that while you may or may not like it, you can't deny it helped hip hop blow the hell up like it did by making it ok for little suzie and johnny to listen to. That and Jazzy Jeff invented the oft stolen transformer techniuqe which changed the sound of scratch djing.

dave790
10-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Jazzy Jeffs a underrated DJ

Ninja
10-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Thank You!

King PSYZ
10-01-2005, 06:09 PM
im sick of seeing them on tv, movies, etc, etc, etc.

give the props to the artists that was overlooked by hollywood.
plus in case you didn't notice they just gave an award to ICE-T and LL COOL J, both actors...

Weezman
10-01-2005, 07:59 PM
ADROCK made movies.

Ninja
10-01-2005, 09:46 PM
What does that have to do with anything??

canucklehead200
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
i dont' know shit about latifa, hell, ididn't even know she was a "successful" rapper back int ehd ay, but omg i fucking hate her, she thinks she's really something, annoying as hell, and can't act worth anything

Monsieur Decuts
10-02-2005, 12:11 AM
u n i t y

mudfoot
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
MC Lyte should be honored next year then Latifah in 2007.

Ninja
10-02-2005, 11:30 AM
MC Lyte should be honored next year then Latifah in 2007.

I can't belive I forgot about her.
But yes, she should be before Queen.

PaddyBoy
10-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Well Erik B and Rakim are long overdue recognition. Then KRS-One and Slick Rick, maybe Fab 5 Freddy and Yo!

Ninja
10-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Well Erik B and Rakim are long overdue recognition. Then KRS-One and Slick Rick, maybe Fab 5 Freddy and Yo!

KRS-One was honored the very first year.

PaddyBoy
10-02-2005, 03:08 PM
KRS-One was honored the very first year.

Oh yeah, forgot.

Weezman
10-02-2005, 06:41 PM
i give props to Queen Latifa....prior to the hollywood stage....thats a whole was a different Latifa. I mean for the Ladies, she did real good in her day......but its gone....shes an actess....doing what shes gotta do.

Monie Love, Salt n Pepa, Roxxane Shantee, MC LIte....gotta giv props to the MC ladies. They made it...its gone. they had there lime lite for awhile.

LL is a little too commercialized now. He WAS stone cold on the mic, back in the day. Now hes a franchise.....still sucking his lips a product of the industry. He WAS raw thou.

NOW...the BEASTIES. thats a whole different intergalatic, shame in your game, kinda BODY-MOVIN, right up to your face and diss you, make you get a heart attack, man. So seriously provin that they have the REMOTE control...when the pass the mic, its like time for livin'...bust out and Super Disco breakin, telling homeboy...whatcha whatcha want!!?? Be seriously, folks they be all in that crawlspace....all around the root down they dont have tp fight for there right to party....oohh word!!

Thats it thats all thats all there is.....what you see is what you get and you aint seen nothin yet!!!!!!

- Weezman :p

Weezman
10-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I can't belive I forgot about her.
But yes, she should be before Queen.

Roxxane Shante' :D

Ninja
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Roxxane Shante' :D

She was OK i guess, but I dont thank she as the status of Hip-Hop Honors.

FearandLoathing
10-03-2005, 05:13 AM
i dont' know shit about latifa, hell, ididn't even know she was a "successful" rapper back int ehd ay, but omg i fucking hate her, she thinks she's really something, annoying as hell, and can't act worth anything

Glad to see your hate is well-founded.

Ninja
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Like I said, Dont Knock The List Till You Know The History

King PSYZ
10-03-2005, 11:05 AM
The list isn't about what they do now, it's about the foundations they made in the game.

Junker
10-03-2005, 12:05 PM
THE BEATSIE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marshall10
10-03-2005, 02:50 PM
BEASTIE BOYS

King PSYZ
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
seriously?
you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Latifa set a standard for female MCs to be rekoned with not to be dismissed as a fad.

As to Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff, well shit back in the day Prince had a different approach to a clean hip hop that while you may or may not like it, you can't deny it helped hip hop blow the hell up like it did by making it ok for little suzie and johnny to listen to. That and Jazzy Jeff invented the oft stolen transformer techniuqe which changed the sound of scratch djing.

Hello_nasty
10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
B-E-A-S-T-I-E

(What up Mike D? Aww yeah, that's me)

Ninja
10-03-2005, 06:30 PM
so, what did fresh prince and latifah bring to the game that one one else has before them?

Well let's see. One of the first breakout female rappers was MC Lyte, and she had to have the image of a "man" to even stay in the game. Then Salt-N-Pepa had to have the sex apeal to stay in. When queen came out she was not boyish looking or had sex apeal. But her lyrical style and what she rap about was unheard of at her time. She had the whole lady africa image which was big then and rap about the homeland and things going on in the world that dosent have to do with sex, but a home felt to it.

As of the Prince and Jazzy Jeff, they brought humor and a fun level to the whole experience. Look at the times when they came out. PE was rap'n about the gov. and black rights. Run-DMC was doing its Raising Hell shit. And LL was talking about girls, and Ice-T was gang banging. So Prince brought humor to the masses. Jazzy had unbelivable DJ'ing skills, no one could touch Fresh Prince skills when he flowed because his IQ was high and he would ryme things that was pass anybody's level. And PLUS they were the first rap group to win a Grammy.

FearandLoathing
10-03-2005, 06:49 PM
um.....I didnt ask about MC LYTE. I asked about Latifah.

When queen came out she was not boyish looking or had sex apeal. But her lyrical style and what she rap about was unheard of at her time. She had the whole lady africa image which was big then and rap about the homeland and things going on in the world that dosent have to do with sex, but a home felt to it.

Vladimir
10-03-2005, 07:14 PM
if someone writes BEATSIE BOYS in huge-ass letters I wouldn't be so quick to jump on their ass with a correction. If you knew shit about the BB's, you'd know that they say "Beatsie Boys" all the time and even have it written that way in the Root Down video.
[/tirade]

Don't shit on Latifah. The fact is that the whole concept behind those awards is to honor ground-breaking artists, so the fact that they became successful actors and whatnot later on in life only proves them to be of more relevance in the scheme of things. I mean I don't listen to Will Smith, but I'm not gonna deny that he did some new shit back in the day. The Beastie Boys have done acoustic guitar ballads - based on your statements, that would put them out of the running for the award based on some kind of "they're not loyal to the game" 50 cent bullshit. go home.

cj hood
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
if latifah and w. smith get in before the beasties, rakim, the fatboys, slick rick, or kurtis blow i'm boycotting vh1......

King PSYZ
10-03-2005, 07:47 PM
fuck it here's my list

1. Eric B. and Rakim (although from what I hear them not being all too cool with each other now at least Rakim)
2. Afrika Bambatta
3. Beastie Boys
4. NWA
5. A Tribe Called Quest
6. Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh
7. Rusell Simmons and Rick Rubin
8. Either the movie Juice or New Jack City

Ninja
10-03-2005, 08:11 PM
if latifah and w. smith get in before the beasties, rakim, the fatboys, slick rick, or kurtis blow i'm boycotting vh1......

I will be right there with you, that is why they are my first.

fuck it here's my list

1. Eric B. and Rakim (although from what I hear them not being all too cool with each other now at least Rakim)
2. Afrika Bambatta
3. Beastie Boys
4. NWA
5. A Tribe Called Quest
6. Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh
7. Rusell Simmons and Rick Rubin
8. Either the movie Juice or New Jack City

Good List. Could Happen except for the Bambatta, as mush has he should get respect, I dont think it will happen.

King PSYZ
10-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't see the hip hop community letting them sleep on the Soulsonic Force for three years in a row,

Weezman
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
um.....I didnt ask about MC LYTE. I asked about Latifah.

hold the hell up! did the beastie boys do that? what about the fat boys? oh no......they were serious when it came to rapping.

doug e fresh and mc ricky d were hardcore as well. Hell, shawn brown was the toughest rapper there was! :rolleyes:

slick rick.....lodi dodi !! :rolleyes:

Weezman
10-03-2005, 08:46 PM
if someone writes BEATSIE BOYS in huge-ass letters I wouldn't be so quick to jump on their ass with a correction. If you knew shit about the BB's, you'd know that they say "Beatsie Boys" all the time and even have it written that way in the Root Down video.
[/tirade]

Don't shit on Latifah. The fact is that the whole concept behind those awards is to honor ground-breaking artists, so the fact that they became successful actors and whatnot later on in life only proves them to be of more relevance in the scheme of things. I mean I don't listen to Will Smith, but I'm not gonna deny that he did some new shit back in the day. The Beastie Boys have done acoustic guitar ballads - based on your statements, that would put them out of the running for the award based on some kind of "they're not loyal to the game" 50 cent bullshit. go home.

thanks for that...saved me a WHOLE lotta typing!!! (y)

Extra Cheese
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
i thought having guido king on the ignore list would save me from having to see his dumb ass posts.

unfortunately, they still show up when someone quotes him :(

Kid Presentable
10-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Dick cheese, and 'bahahaha'? Is that Gargamel posting?

Junker
10-04-2005, 05:55 AM
[/tirade]

I wrote BEATSIE BOYS.
Hey Vladimir I think I've missed but did someone correct me???
If so, I should have put these lines after my reply:
"BEATSIE BEATSIE BEATSIE BEATSIE BOYS gettin' live on the spot
Puttin' all kinds of shame in the game you got
We keep the party movin' to the broad day light
g-e-t-l-i-v-e alright"
(Putting Shame In Your game in case the person dont know)

PS: Vladimir is the name of my brother :)

Ninja
10-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Guido King,
If you dont like the list then shut up or give us what you think should be next years Hip-Hop Honors. I am just trying to let you in to some hip-hop history and you throw it out because you dont know shit when it comes to the history.
So go ahead, give us your list.

King PSYZ
10-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Sugar Hill already got theirs...

Ninja
10-04-2005, 11:27 AM
my list.......my list would consist of some of hip hops hardcore players and pioneers. EPMD, BDP, AFRIKA BAMBATTA, NWA, 2 LIVE CREW,Schoolly D, Sweet & the Sugar Hill Gang (whom my friend is currently in the midst of managing.)

OK, good list. But as you notice when watching the Honors, they dont pick people who change the game underground, they pick people who were popular at their time and had their unique style that change the game. I am not saying that your list is no different, it is the fact that you can go down the street and ask people who those people on your list are and thery wont know have of them. It is sad but ture. I would love to see those people get their respects and honors, but face it, it probably wont happen to half of them.

Laver1969
10-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Has vh1 ever said what the criteria is for being "honored" and who does the judging?

Vladimir
10-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I wrote BEATSIE BOYS.
Hey Vladimir I think I've missed but did someone correct me???
If so, I should have put these lines after my reply:
"BEATSIE BEATSIE BEATSIE BEATSIE BOYS gettin' live on the spot
Puttin' all kinds of shame in the game you got
We keep the party movin' to the broad day light
g-e-t-l-i-v-e alright"
(Putting Shame In Your game in case the person dont know)

PS: Vladimir is the name of my brother :)

yeah dude 2 people corrected you. Obviously you know exactly what you're talking about, it just really pissed me off that people were like B-E-A-S-T-I-E as if you don't know how to spell the group's name.

Weezman
10-04-2005, 02:03 PM
We could sit here for days debating who should or shouldnt be honored on the VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2006....and years to come. Im sure there are some un-sung ledgends that actually wont get recognized at all.

MY CHOICE....there's too many!! A real old school hip-hop fan...has countless!!!

What does matter is the indivdual, and how it affected us at one time or another.
Whether it be the The Fat Boys, Kool moe Dee, Run DMC, Queen Latifa, Eminem, LL COOL J, Grand Master Flash, KRS one, Tribe called Quest.....Vanilla Ice, or 50 cent......ect. That is YOUR choice. Yes, Vanilla Ice is someones hero....not mine....but some hardcore fan was influneced by him.

The VH1 hip-hop honors are a sponsered event that is also a "industrial corporation", that has very little to do with the streets today!! It dosent matter who you ask in the streets today. Do you care?? What or who affected them? You might share some of the same artist. Might not. That dosent make the polls to the VH1 Honors....or the Beatsie Boys would have been there by now.

Weezman Hip-Honors 1986----------------------------------->2086 ?? award goes to

THE BEASTIE BOYS!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! !!! :p

-Weezman :D

marshall10
10-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Is their a point in this thread, there is only one clear winner,

THE BEASTIE BOYS

Weezman
10-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I forgot DE LA SOL & tribe!

native tounge !! :D

FearandLoathing
10-05-2005, 02:16 AM
i dont know shit? are you fuckin for real? I can guarantee I know more shit than anyone on here and it isnt because I work for Fever. If I dont like the list I should shut up? since when do people that dont like things have the option to shut up? Lat I heard, its one's write to speak out. even that little shit EXTRA TOE CHEESE has a right to bark.

The point isn't necessarily your (transparent) ignorance, it's that it doesn't matter if you disagree with someone else's list. Sie has hir list, you may have your own. Nevertheless, you could have disagreed and said "No, I think X would be a more appropriate choice due to Y and Z." But you went off on some barely- coherent tangent and insulted everyone who tried to educate you.

Someone's right to speak out? Sure, but aren't you exaggerating? God damn, next thing you'll be saying the BBMB is like Hitler's Germany. No-one said you can't speak about. Just that you have already, so you should stop spouting the same jaded bullshit.

Ninja
10-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Nice.

DeeJayZap
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
any one mention jungle brothers

Weezman
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
The point isn't necessarily your (transparent) ignorance, it's that it doesn't matter if you disagree with someone else's list. Sie has hir list, you may have your own. Nevertheless, you could have disagreed and said "No, I think X would be a more appropriate choice due to Y and Z." But you went off on some barely- coherent tangent and insulted everyone who tried to educate you.

Someone's right to speak out? Sure, but aren't you exaggerating? God damn, next thing you'll be saying the BBMB is like Hitler's Germany. No-one said you can't speak about. Just that you have already, so you should stop spouting the same jaded bullshit.

I can feel your ANGER!!! :mad:

- Darth Vader

FearandLoathing
10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
relax....this is just the internet. ;)

...What the hell? You just had some anxiety attack about someone deigning to mention Queen Latifah, and I take the internet too seriously?

Man, you're an idiot.

Raina
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
If you could chose who could be the next honories who would it be? They couldn't be in the 1990's because of the order that the show is going in, but like the late 1980's. They seem to have 7 honories each year and one not being a rapper. My list goes as follows:

1. Beastie Boys (Of Cousre)
2. Doug E. Fresh
3. Slick Rick
4. Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff
5. Eric B. and Rakim
6. Queen Latifah<--MC Lyte
7. Yo MTV Raps!

Don't knock the list till you know the history.

What is yall's choices?

I'd say that list sounds pretty good to me.....especially the Slick Rick part that guys awesome....oh yeah and the Beastie Boys.

zorra_chiflada
10-05-2005, 05:23 PM
...What the hell? You just had some anxiety attack about someone deigning to mention Queen Latifah, and I take the internet too seriously?

Man, you're an idiot.

you're right.

it's the lamest thing possible for someone to completely lose it on a message board for disagreeing with someone, and when someone suggests that you "let it go" you go "OH YEAH, WELL WHY DON'T YOU CALM DOWN?...THIS IS JUST THE INTERNET lOLz. LOOK AT HOW CHILLED OUT I AM"
:rolleyes:

Weezman
10-05-2005, 06:21 PM
are all you fags down under that stupid?

Dont fall to the dark-side!! :)

Ninja
10-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I'd say that list sounds pretty good to me.....especially the Slick Rick part that guys awesome....oh yeah and the Beastie Boys.

Thanks I tought hard and long, stress over it for like three weeks, contemplating on who deserves it who has done what. Called the intelligence and ask them their opinion. Drew up some piecharts, and look for the rise in the third quater. The bar graphs did the trick though, then it just came to me. And there you have it.

Kid Presentable
10-05-2005, 10:51 PM

Eat a dick you greasy fuckin wannabe.

Go pack some more t-shirts.

zorra_chiflada
10-05-2005, 10:54 PM

haha you're in your mid thirties and still calling people "fags"

lame

Kid Presentable
10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Can somebody tell me if this guy is a fair representation of Fever Records?

Every time he returns to post here, somebody invariably winds up being accused of being a 'fag', some 'bahahaha' shit gets posted, and then he says 'internet'.

I wonder how he broadcasts his affiliation with Fever so proudly while acting like such a cock to everybody who disagrees with him?

I'm amazed that The Beastie Boys would even wear shirts from a crew that are represented here by such a dimwit. Irrespective of the historical value of 'the fever' this guy makes them look like a bunch of cock wipers.

Fuck 'The Fever'.

zorra_chiflada
10-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Can somebody tell me if this guy is a fair representation of Fever Records?

Every time he returns to post here, somebody invariably winds up being accused of being a 'fag', some 'bahahaha' shit gets posted, and then he says 'internet'.

I wonder how he broadcasts his affiliation with Fever so proudly while acting like such a cock to everybody who disagrees with him?

I'm amazed that The Beastie Boys would even wear shirts from a crew that are represented here by such a dimwit. Irrespective of the historical value of 'the fever' this guy makes them look like a bunch of cock wipers.

Fuck 'The Fever'.

haha he'll respond by calling you a dumb australian fag and then say "relax it's the internet"

Kid Presentable
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
haha he'll respond by calling you a dumb australian fag and then say "relax it's the internet"

Well I'm from New Zealand.

And I know to trip is just to fall.

Extra Cheese
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
you see I already realized he was an idiot who knew nothing about hip-hop, who just embarrassed himself with posts that showed his ignorance. I already realized how corny he is.

this guy didnt even know that the fever was a club before it was a record label.

do yourselves a favor and do like i do, put him on your ignore list.

Kid Presentable
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
you see I already realized he was an idiot who knew nothing about hip-hop, who just embarrassed himself with posts that showed his ignorance. I already realized how corny he is.

this guy didnt even know that the fever was a club before it was a record label.

do yourselves a favor and do like i do, put him on your ignore list.

Word to Cheese.

Junker
10-06-2005, 05:25 AM
hahahahaha.........the guy spent a lotta time quoting everybody that have dissed him........ What an idiot :)

cj hood
10-06-2005, 08:23 AM
yea, a whole 2 minutes. I wasted more time than it takes you to have sex with your boyfriend.

classic!

Junker
10-06-2005, 08:23 AM
yea, a whole 2 minutes. I wasted more time than it takes you to have sex with your boyfriend.

hahahaha........you're so offensive man. You really know how to hurt someone..... :(
And I think all this fag, homo references you do is for self-affirmation. Dont try to to deny who you really are. We here at the BBMB will not exclude you. We are all open minded people. So, face your "nature" and dont try to hide your real sex choice behind all this rudeness (y)

EDIT - PS: I thought Sandinista was the most annoying person on this MB. But I see we have another KING :rolleyes:

Kid Presentable
10-06-2005, 09:22 AM
ha-ha-ha!

Here we go again.

If Guido's posts aren't shit, they'll do nicely until we find some. (y)

Kid Presentable
10-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Everyone is the industry is just as bad as I am. We laugh at all you internet geeks that post up on boards worshiping people you will never meet. your type makes great enjoyment.

thats the truth. sorry to break it down like that.

It's cool Queefdough, if I'm being honest, my real life doesn't blur too much with this board. I laugh at the one industry perp who needs to post about how he's in the industry all the time to a bunch of 'Internet Geeks'.

That's the truth. You're a fucking joke to me.

:D

camo
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Everyone is the industry is just as bad as I am. We laugh at all you internet geeks that post up on boards worshiping people you will never meet. your type makes great enjoyment.

thats the truth. sorry to break it down like that.

holy shit are you actually meaning the shit your saying?

You sir are one fuckwit

Junker
10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
It's cool Queefdough, if I'm being honest, my real life doesn't blur too much with this board. I laugh at the one industry perp who needs to post about how he's in the industry all the time to a bunch of 'Internet Geeks'.

That's the truth. You're a fucking joke to (EDITING) everybody in this MB.

:D

WORD Kid!!!!!

Junker
10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I kid you not. The beasties are actually reading this and laughing at all your comments and regretting getting this site up so kids like you could get out of thier mom's basement and actually get a life and stop talking about when the beasties next album or tour is being dropped.

hmmmm...........I always tought thats the reason in having a BEASTIE BOYS MESSAGE BOARD. To talk about the BEASTIE BOYS.. If you dont want to talk about the BEASTIE BOYS you should go to the NON-BEASTIE FREE GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Junker
10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
yea, and they are laughing at you!

Yeah, ok.........they're laughing :rolleyes:

Weezman
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
stick a fork in this thread......

it stinks!

lost its point.....lets move on !! :p
(!)

FearandLoathing
10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Same here. thats why your here worshiping the beastie boys and I am not.

get the difference?

No, you're on the Beastie Boys' message board pissing off Beastie Boys fans.

Hey, that's a much more worthwhile contribution. You're obviously a busy man.

FearandLoathing
10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
CORRECTION: Im on a beastie boys message board pissing DJ JAZZY JEFF & THE FRESH PRINCE fans off.

but I must add since this whole debate started because I felt that Fresh prince and latifah shouldnt be nominated, (not now at least) EXTRA DICK CHEESE thinks that i know nothing about hip-hop. so, in order to be a hip hop fan, you have to be a bubble gum rap fan like Cheese. thats when our buddies from the aussie outback came to defend DJJJ&FP and Latifah. get it?

What are you talking about? Do you even know? You had an aneurysm about someone putting Queen Latifah in (you didn't know anything about her). Then you posted five hundred times in a row. Now you keep complaining about Australians. I don't come from the damn outback.

I wonder how pissed our aussie mates would be if I told them that MEL GIBSON was actually born in NEW YORK? :p

so, before you jump on the "attack guido bandwagon", make sure you dont look like an idiot like others have. Afterall, Im sure the fresh prince isnt sending anyone "thank you" cards for defending them on a Beastie Boys site. :rolleyes:

Mel Gibson? Who the hell was talking about Mel Gibson? What the hell?

The argument started because you're ignorant and barely-literate. That's why it started.

cj hood
10-06-2005, 06:14 PM
yo.....gwedo like myself is very passionate and knowledgable about hiphop and the beasties.....i didn't read every post in this thread, but i know kenny knows his shit.......and it's frustrating when new jacks come outta no where spouting off about things when they're not well versed in the history of hiphop....so give respect where it's due!!!

Kid Presentable
10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
so give respect where it's due!!!

Hey man, you've got to earn it.

I couldn't give a fuck about Will Smith, or Queen Latifah. And I couldn't give a fuck about Guido King. Look at my posts, I never defended one of them. But that's just me. If he did things more like you did cj, and actually accepted his fate as an obsessed fan(don't front), then he wouldn't bump into this shit everytime he posted. If he wants to be a dick to all and sundry, then he'll get the same treatment back.

He's fortunate to be working in the industry, especially given his small brain (come on, a Mel Gibson jab?). Although that would go some length to explain why he's only gotten up on the shit in the last twelve months or so.

edit:My bad anyways. Life's too short for this childish internet sparring.

camo
10-07-2005, 03:26 AM
I kid you not. The beasties are actually reading this and laughing at all your comments and regretting getting this site up so kids like you could get out of thier mom's basement and actually get a life and stop talking about when the beasties next album or tour is being dropped.

Great answer, sadly not very true at all, I 've got a life thankyou very much. Notice my sign on date to this board and then look at my posts. My life doesn't revolve around this site or the beastie boys regardless of what you think. And the basement thing, hmmm wrong again einstein, I'm 24 (not a kid) own my own house, car, have a really great job and a first class degree in graphic design and could probably buy you 10 fold.

camo
10-07-2005, 04:43 AM
relax mark, I was talking about you. :p

huh?!?!

that's why I replied. just stating a fact man

camo
10-07-2005, 06:09 AM
no prob. ;)

cool. now say sorry to the nice people of this board.

camo
10-07-2005, 07:07 AM
cant say it to the ones who attacked me first. thats about 3 of the members! :D

fair enough but quit it with the fag shit man.

I just wanted to read about the hip hop honours man, not your childish spat.

peace

Junker
10-07-2005, 07:20 AM
cant say it to the ones who attacked me first. thats about 3 of the members! :D

Am I included?? :D

Kid Presentable
10-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Ive done that a long time ago. who else has spoken to as many people that worked with the beastie boys as I have?

Ill tell you..........NO ONE.

Hey man, relax.

I'm not taking anything away from all of your achievements. But if you want people to react positively towards you, try to work in a positive way. I should know, i've been a dick to nearly everybody on this board and had the shit flamed out of me.

But then again, it's just the internet, right? ;)

Weezman
10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey man, relax.

I'm not taking anything away from all of your achievements. But if you want people to react positively towards you, try to work in a positive way. I should know, i've been a dick to nearly everybody on this board and had the shit flamed out of me.

But then again, it's just the internet, right? ;)

I do admit Kid, you do stand out like a sore thumb!! :D (y)

You do keep it real....no sugar coatin in your game!

:cool:

Junker
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
nah, your cool.

Sweet!!! (y)

EDIT: This reminded me that film with Ashton Kutcher and that other jackass from American Pie (I dont rememeber his name but i fucking hate him), "Dude wheres my car?".......