PDA

View Full Version : Comment about "To the 5 Boroughs"...(I love it)...

redlantern2051
10-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, usually I listen to the Cd about once a week on my IPOD as I travel to work, but just this weekend I have been playing it on my stereo at home. Man, its a good album. I love it. I love how its basically just 3 guys rapping about things you can relate to. No lame stuff about who is wearing an expensive watch, bling-bling, or whatever.

Its got to be one of their best. I love all their albums, and I think each one has its merits and fans, but for me its a tie between "To the 5 Boroughs" and "Hello Nasty" for MY personal favorite...

Thats all, just felt like sharing! :-)

Kid Presentable
10-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, usually I listen to the Cd about once a week on my IPOD as I travel to work, but just this weekend I have been playing it on my stereo at home. Man, its a good album. I love it. I love how its basically just 3 guys rapping about things you can relate to. No lame stuff about who is wearing an expensive watch, bling-bling, or whatever.

Its got to be one of their best. I love all their albums, and I think each one has its merits and fans, but for me its a tie between "To the 5 Boroughs" and "Hello Nasty" for MY personal favorite...

Thats all, just felt like sharing! :-)

See, I like it too.

Hello_nasty
10-02-2005, 12:36 PM
I also like it, but I don't think it's their best. But it is a very solid album.

sam i am
10-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Paul's Boutique is still better, as is Ill Communication.

Certain songs of TT5B rank in my Top Ten Beasties' songs of all time, however, most notably Triple Trouble (master scratchin and a funky beat that I can bug out to) and Crawlspace (I know, controversial, but I LOVE to hear them rap soft and slow....).

As a matter of fact, here's my ranking of all their (major) albums :

1. Paul's Boutique
2. Ill Communication
3. Licensed to Ill
4. To the 5 Bouroughs
5. Hello Nasty
6. Check Your Head

Weezman
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
again....?

TT5B's is a GREAT album. Its the songs that we should be listing....im sorry...uh tracks. The most fav tracks of of it.

Not the prior albums...everyone knows about them. CLASSICS!! yes.

My favs are :

Oh Word
Shazam
Crawlspace
rhyme the rhyme well
Triple trouble
time to build
CHeck check it out
Right right now
3 the hard way
open letter 2 NY
all life styles :D

buddmonkey
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Paul's Boutique is still better, as is Ill Communication.

Certain songs of TT5B rank in my Top Ten Beasties' songs of all time, however, most notably Triple Trouble (master scratchin and a funky beat that I can bug out to) and Crawlspace (I know, controversial, but I LOVE to hear them rap soft and slow....).

As a matter of fact, here's my ranking of all their (major) albums :

1. Paul's Boutique
2. Ill Communication
3. Licensed to Ill
4. To the 5 Bouroughs
5. Hello Nasty
6. Check Your Head

Do you really put check your head at number six???? Really????

discopants
10-03-2005, 03:08 AM

Whatever anyone puts down as their least favourite, someone else will disagree.

On the album, theres a good review on All Music

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:7sp1z8ba4yv4

which is pretty accurate.

sam i am
10-04-2005, 11:14 AM

Yep. I personally like it the least. I believe it to be the least cohesive and most hasty of all the Beasties' albums. I know they were trying to get away from the highly-produced jams on PB, but PB also had more heart, soul, and worthwhileness of any of their albums, again, IMHO.

laurie_hammy
10-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Its a SiK album

Junker
10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
I believe it to be the least cohesive and most hasty of all the Beasties' albums.

least cohesive and most hasty? What you meaning?

sam i am
10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I mean they put it out too quickly and the jams don't mesh well, overall.

Just my opinion, mind ya.....