PDA

View Full Version : New Covent Garden Soup Company

mp-seventythree
11-03-2005, 07:48 AM
You gotta try their stuff (y)

here (http://www.coventgardensoup.co.uk/home.htm)

ms.peachy
11-03-2005, 09:37 AM
(y) yep they do make nice soup! I had the most recent 'soup of the month' yesterday for lunch, some sort of pumpkin, red pepper and corn chowder. It was yummmmmmy.

mp-seventythree
11-03-2005, 11:04 AM
I realised that I could get one of their soups for about £1.65 (for my lunch), which makes the Sainsburys pre-packed sandwiches quite a ripoff at £2.20.

And the soup is healthier and tastier.

synch
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I loved Covent Garden. Had a few hours to kill while waiting for a friend to pick me up when I visited him in London. Checked out the shops, talked to some people, bought a calvin and hobbes book and sat on the steps reading it while watching street performers.

Tons of Italians working there when I visited it.

ms.peachy
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I loved Covent Garden. Had a few hours to kill while waiting for a friend to pick me up when I visited him in London. Checked out the shops, talked to some people, bought a calvin and hobbes book and sat on the steps reading it while watching street performers.

Tons of Italians working there when I visited it.
Covent Garden is an interesting spot in that it's popular with both tourists and locals.

New Covent Garden though is a slightly different thing - before Covent Garden in central London was redeveloped for tourism, it was mainly a produce wholesale market. The produce market got too big for the area and was moved to, erm, I think it's in Vauxhall or Battersea? Anyway, that's what's meant by New Covent Garden. (I guess Vauxhall Market just didn't have the same ring to it...) Anyway it's HUGE; supplies pretty much all fresh fruit and veg as well as flowers for just about every restaurant in London.

synch
11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Ah, and here's me thinking that the soup company was new :D

ms.peachy
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Well, they're not that old, so you weren't entirely off ;)

mp-seventythree
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
And to confuse things further, they're not that new either

synch
11-03-2005, 04:23 PM
:(

mp-seventythree
11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
But they're good, you should try their stuff.

And yes, Covent Garden is a nice place to hang out (y)

synch
11-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Oooooh I just remenbered this bar place on the square where me and my mate had something to drink.

We ordered tea when the rest of the people that were sitting outside were drinking beers :D

I had to go to the bathroom and I ask this italian waitress where the bathroom is. I had to go downstairs and then she completely lost me so I just went there to look for it.

It was the middle of the day and there was sort of a dark and seedy club thing going on there with a dj. Very low ceiling, weird stuff. So I get back and after a while my mate has to go too and asks me where the bathroom is.

I tell him: "Ok... you go down the stairs... past the bar... keep to your right... pass the dj that is facing the wall, walk past the tables in the back and the bathroom is in the left corner"

He looks at me in a "fine, don't tell me" kind of way. Goes, comes back with his eyes wide open and says "jesus! you weren't joking!" :D