PDA

View Full Version : is it cheating....

cookiepuss
11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
if your partner has a fling with someone of the same sex?

(Now guys, some of you may fantisize about your woman bringing another woman into the bed room, but I'm sure in you fantasy you get to watch. but what if you were left out? Would you feel she cheated on you if she had sex with a woman and you weren't involved?)

Echewta
11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Cheating is cheating, regardless of the sex of the person. Unless its an open relationship or talked about.

Cheating=lying=hiding=Thomas' English Muffins

beastieangel01
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
mmmm, muffins.

cookiepuss
11-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Cheating is cheating, regardless of the sex of the person. Unless its an open relationship or talked about.

I tend to agree I was just wondering how others view it.

iceygirl
11-09-2005, 12:03 PM
its not allowed in my relationship, although the discussions on it have only been directed toward me and another female (discussion provoked after a wedding reception where i was kissed by an acquaintence). i would not like it if my husband made out with another man though either.

ick.

unless it was david cross.

Bob
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM

correct

Qdrop
11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
yes, cheating is cheating.

and i would be upset if my girl slept with a woman behind my back.

but i have to admit, for whatever reason....i would be far less upset then if she slept with a man.

in fact, i'd probably forgive her without too much issue.

but if it was a man...we'd be through.

man...why is that?

i'm guessing it's a combination of evolutionary biology (you're more threatened by someone who can actually take your place as potention father of her children)...coupled with ego: her cheating with a man means that you just weren't up to the task... but a woman could offer something that you nor any man could offer, so you don't feel like a demasculinized failure.

CJM
11-09-2005, 12:22 PM
^what he said.

Fern
11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I make all of my girlfriends "hook-up" with other broads.

Rock
11-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Girl or guy, she would get the boot either way. It just ain't cool.

kleptomaniac
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
of course it's cheating...

case closed.

kll
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
i would think that once you crossed that line and actually hooked up with another person outside of your boyfriend/girlfriend, there's no going back...

there could never be that "pureness" ever again between the two of you...

cookiepuss
11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
yes, cheating is cheating.

and i would be upset if my girl slept with a woman behind my back.

but i have to admit, for whatever reason....i would be far less upset then if she slept with a man.

in fact, i'd probably forgive her without too much issue.

but if it was a man...we'd be through.

man...why is that?

i'm guessing it's a combination of evolutionary biology (you're more threatened by someone who can actually take your place as potention father of her children)...coupled with ego: her cheating with a man means that you just weren't up to the task... but a woman could offer something that you nor any man could offer, so you don't feel like a demasculinized failure.

yeah I guess that's more or less the thing I'm curious about as well...it is cheating but does a person feel more forgiving if it happened with someone of the same sex.

for men I think they would have an easier time forgiving thier woman being with another women.

I don't think women would be able to as easily forgive thier man if he hooked up with another man. where as a man can justify that his girl could get something from a woman that he couldn't give her and come to terms with it without it damaging his male ego, a woman would have a harder understanding of what guy could give her man that she couldn't. more than likely she would simply feel inadequate in bed. me thinks so any way.

Loppfessor
11-09-2005, 09:22 PM
if your partner has a fling with someone of the same sex?

(Now guys, some of you may fantisize about your woman bringing another woman into the bed room, but I'm sure in you fantasy you get to watch. but what if you were left out? Would you feel she cheated on you if she had sex with a woman and you weren't involved?)

Funny you should ask this now. The girl I'm talking to or semi-dating right now is bi which I don't really have a big problem with I guess. Anyway I'm not trying to get too serious with anyone right now so I wanted to keep shit casual. Well she's a decent amount younger than I so when she gets pissed at me she winds up drunk at the club making out with chicks.

So over the weekend when she was giving me shit for something along the lines of me givng her mixed signals etc etc...I was like "Shit obviously you're not all that serious either or you wouldn't be out doing what you do with those girls" She told me that most guys don't think that's cheating blah blah blah. I informed her that if she ever was my "girlfriend" that I wouldn't go for that shit cus cheating is cheating no matter if it's a dude or girl.

The problem now is that out of some gesture of wanting to commit to me she's sworn to knock it off and only be with me...damnit

QueenAdrock
11-09-2005, 09:27 PM
I think anything that's behind the guy's back is cheating. If I'm playing a drinking game and I'm dared to make out with my best friend, he'll be fine with it. He's okay with me making out with girls in front of him, because he knows I'm not gay and so it's not cheating. If I did it behind his back, it would be seen more of a "I'm doing this for myself and really love it" thing which is cheating.

So I dunno. It's different for each couple, I suppose.

ms.peachy
11-10-2005, 05:46 AM
I think it depends on the individual circumstances. I mean, yes of course, cheating is cheating, flat out. So if I found out mr.p had a fling with a man (which is too funny a mental image to begin with for me, but I digress), I'd be quite shocked, and hurt at the deception, just as if it was with a woman. But, I might be able to forgive him, depending. Depending on what I'm not sure, as I can't forsee the situation. But I can see how I could possibly forgive him.

steve-onpoint
11-10-2005, 06:18 AM
si, senorita.