PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on frat parties?

jabumbo
11-12-2005, 09:59 PM
i've never really enjoyed going to them anyway,but i don't really get this...

i was talking to a friend, who said she hates going to them. yet, her friend from another school was ocming in and she was going with the friend to this one party with some people because she didnt want her friend to go alone.

what i don't get is what's so special about it? its just any other party that goes on every weekend at pretty much every school across the country...

i tried to get them to join me for some half priced food because i am craving wings. and she opted not to do that even though she hates these parties :confused:

/lame

TurdBerglar
11-12-2005, 10:05 PM
take the hint, man

jabumbo
11-12-2005, 10:11 PM
well it wasn't just her, but like anyone i talked to said they were either oging ot the party or just crashing.

my point is that people seem to prefer going to the same party every week rather than try and do something different once in a while

Ace42X
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM
my point is that people seem to prefer going to the same party every week rather than try and do something different once in a while

Familiarity is comforting. And all the parties at my university were lame. There was only one good one, and I missed it. Apparently a chick fucked a space-hopper.

QueenAdrock
11-12-2005, 10:38 PM
I have to deal with dumbass frat guys in some of my classes, they're stupid enough without alcohol. I wouldn't ever subject myself to seeing them drunk, I'd probably shoot myself.

GetYourWarOn
11-12-2005, 10:40 PM
meh.

jabumbo
11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Familiarity is comforting. And all the parties at my university were lame.

yeah, the place most poeple i know go has this tiny basement that gets unbelievably hot. after about a half hour i had to take my drink outside, and then they were constantly yelling t people who were under 21 to stay inside and they should only come out if htey were pissing in the alley

iceygirl
11-13-2005, 12:16 AM
frat parties are like meat markets

i dont know why people would wanna go except to drink free booze and get laid by some lamo preppie dude/s

TonsOfFun
11-13-2005, 03:14 AM
What is a 'Frat Party'?

Like a house party? I love house parties, where everyone chills out, smokes some pot and listens to some music

Where does the word 'Frat' come from?

Ooh, is it like that Marylin Mason video - tainted love? Cus that looked kinda cool apart from it being filled with kids.

Lindsey_1535
11-13-2005, 03:41 AM
I dunno i heqar fenchpolive btu i domn ts ssssee se ferech fench fedh guyd;?@!??!!!?!?@Q!2

Bob
11-13-2005, 03:54 AM
What is a 'Frat Party'?

Like a house party? I love house parties, where everyone chills out, smokes some pot and listens to some music

Where does the word 'Frat' come from?

Ooh, is it like that Marylin Mason video - tainted love? Cus that looked kinda cool apart from it being filled with kids.

frat is short for fraternity which is somehow related to ancient greece only slightly gayer (i know i said you'd never hear me say "gay" referring to something as a bad thing but i think for this joke i can be excused because it's historically clever)

voltanapricot
11-13-2005, 04:18 AM
An Ancient Greece-related party? Hrm. Over here we like to keep it simple and call that sort of thing a 'Piss Up.'

Bob
11-13-2005, 04:26 AM
An Ancient Greece-related party? Hrm. Over here we like to keep it simple and call that sort of thing a 'Piss Up.'

no see, the joke was that the ancient greeks liked to fuck little boys, therefore any joke saying something was slightly gayer than the ancient greeks is pretty funny, that is until you explain why it's supposed to be funny

voltanapricot
11-13-2005, 04:28 AM
Of course, yeah, I geddit now.

TonsOfFun
11-13-2005, 04:48 AM
So you're saying all greeks are gay :eek:

BURN HIM!

:p

Justin
11-13-2005, 04:51 AM
I dont like frat parties either. Id rather go to a club or bar where i dont know the people (well maybe some) instead of going to a frat party where you know everyone, know who fucks who, whos the slut, all that

mikizee
11-13-2005, 04:56 AM
here in australia there are no fraternities. i only know what they are from movies. but in movies frats and the ppl in them are always portrayed as really stupid and they ppl in them are fucking wankers, so i dont know why anyone would like them. i cannot think of one movie where frat boys are the heroes of the film. theyre always jerks.

Justin
11-13-2005, 05:03 AM
I do know a few guys that are really cool and are fraternity brothers, they just arent the big partiers.

Both George Bush's and Bill Clinton were once frat brothers. Alot of other famous people has been as well. I suppose frats are great to make new friends once u first arrive at college (to me though its like buying your friends) Im a senior in college, at the age of 23, I really dont see much in it. I think it would be a waste of time

TonsOfFun
11-13-2005, 05:06 AM
here in australia there are no fraternities. i only know what they are from movies. but in movies frats and the ppl in them are always portrayed as really stupid and they ppl in them are fucking wankers, so i dont know why anyone would like them. i cannot think of one movie where frat boys are the heroes of the film. theyre always jerks.

Shit yeah, why didn't movies click earlier before I asked what a Frat Party was. I've seen movies. My god, I'm going senile...

And everyone wears a uniform. Either a cheerleaders or their football jersey. Heh, and then they drink from a 'keg'. Then do a 'practical joke' but there is always one that thinks he/she is better than everyone else although they are following the crowd and then the movie ends not actually telling a story, but you nearly see some nipple in the movie which makes it worth while watching apparently...

Rancid_Beasties
11-13-2005, 05:24 AM
I can name a few movies where the frat boys are the heros of the movie: old school, sorority girls (well the frat boys that got kicked out), thats just off the top of my head. And there are equivalent's to fraternities here, in that some uni's, namely melbourne, have colleges surrounding them and the kids that live on those campuses form different houses and stuff and theres always parties going on.

teat
11-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Couldn't you imagine a pair of kids who'd grown up together being forced to interact in a new way at a fart party? Like a girl who'd known this dude all her life, and he was the best of a bad bunch, and next thing he's got her bent over a car bonnet with her panties around her ankles, fighting back the vomit.

If she's licky she might get pregnant and be able to tell the kid that six guys beat off to her beau banging her for 56 solid seconds, and then throwing up in her hair.

TonsOfFun
11-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Couldn't you imagine a pair of kids who'd grown up together being forced to interact in a new way at a fart party? Like a girl who'd known this dude all her life, and he was the best of a bad bunch, and next thing he's got her bent over a car bonnet with her panties around her ankles, fighting back the vomit.

If she's licky she might get pregnant and be able to tell the kid that six guys beat off to her beau banging her for 56 solid seconds, and then throwing up in her hair.

(y) That made me laugh, probably cus it would be true (n)

Rancid_Beasties
11-13-2005, 07:54 AM
What made me laugh was the Kochy avatar (y)

teat
11-13-2005, 07:55 AM
(y) That made me laugh, probably cus it would be true (n)

It's always fuuny if it's true.

cookiepuss
11-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, she's probably going with her friend to make sure she doesn't drink too much, pass out and get raped.

I am a member of a sorority (though I was an inactive member my junior and senior year.) Though there are nice guys at frats there are also some real slime balls. I remember getting wasted and ending up at one particular frat with my soroity sisters where we didn't know that many of the guys. I was getting the spins from too much Champange and felt like I might pass out ont this couch and one of the frat guys came and said: "hey, are you ok? you should get one of your sisters to take you home, this isn't the kinda place you wanna pass out. it' not safe." It was a little shocking to hear him basically admit that some of his brothers were scum enough that they would take advantage of me if i passed out there. :(

Bob
11-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Well, she's probably going with her friend to make sure she doesn't drink too much, pass out and get raped.

I am a member of a sorority (though I was an inactive member my junior and senior year.) Though there are nice guys at frats there are also some real slime balls.

now that i'm thinking of it, this is pretty much true of the whole population. only the problem with frats is that the slime balls are organized

jabumbo
11-14-2005, 12:33 AM
i think alot of it goes with the fact that i don't care to get drunk either. i drink enough to get a buzz, and then keep that buzz for a while. but most everyone goes to these parties and wants to get wasted on shitty beer and then get told stories how they made out with 8 girls and 2 guys, in whilch they dont remember at all.

steve-onpoint
11-14-2005, 01:22 AM

the R-Complex?

zippo
11-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Familiarity is comforting.

what analysis!

Ace42X
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
what analysis!

They don't call me Sherlock for nothing.

Actually, they call me Sherlock because I am habitually condescending and I have an opiate problem.

Qdrop
11-14-2005, 01:07 PM
we got so sick of the frat parties at my college...me and a bunch of friends rented our own house my senior year...and just started throwing our own.
by the end of the year, our house parties fuckin blew away the frats, cause we were off campus and could get away with 6 kegs in the kitchen, and 250+ people... without campus safety blowing you in.
plus my roomate and next door nieghbor were pretty much the campus drug kingpins (which actually fuckin sucked), and had connections to book decent local Dj's to play in our fuckin basement for free....
it pretty much turned into a modern day Animal House for a time.

my GPA was pretty shitty that year.

fuck, one of the frats payed us to throw a couple of parties at our place. that was interesting....

wanton wench
11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
frat is short for fraternity which is somehow related to ancient greece only slightly gayer (i know i said you'd never hear me say "gay" referring to something as a bad thing but i think for this joke i can be excused because it's historically clever)
hahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahah! aha! :D