PDA

View Full Version : Philly Live 8/20/99

valvano
12-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Just got Beasties live from Philly, 8/20/99 from dimeadozen, here's the info text:

Beastie Boys
8/20/99
Philadelphia, PA
First Union Center

Lineage i recieved says Soundboard, but you can here the crowd. you be the judge.
Sound Rating: 8/10
Ripped Using Winamp>Flac
Md5's are included

Disk 1
Mixmaster Mike intro
The Biz vs. The Nuge
Super Disco Breakin'
Alright Hear This
Time to Get Ill
Pass the Mic
Shake Your Rump
Time for Livin'
Beastie Boys
Groove Holmes
Remote Control
The Move
Flute Loop
Egg Man
Slow & Low
Sabrosa
Song for the Man
Tough Guy
Egg Raid on Mojo
Sure Shot

Disk 2
Three MCs and one DJ
Paul Revere
Body Movin'
Something's Got To Give
Lighten Up
Gratitude
Heart Attack Man
Root Down
So What'cha Want

Encore
Intergalactic
Sabotage

This sounds like a sounboards, but I do have some doubts...
can anybody confirm if this is indeed soundboard or a very, very good audience recording.
Thanks
:o

facedownfall
12-08-2005, 09:22 PM
This was in 1998, not 1999.

cj hood
12-09-2005, 04:55 PM
This was in 1998, not 1999.

thats what i was gonna say.....i was at this show.....right up front!

paulb
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Paul Revere was the best at that show.

adrock1988
12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
The show that spawned Kid Crafty into creative hyperspace

steve-onpoint
12-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Just got Beasties live from Philly, 8/20/99 from dimeadozen, here's the info text:

Beastie Boys
8/20/99
Philadelphia, PA
First Union Center

Lineage i recieved says Soundboard, but you can here the crowd. you be the judge.
Sound Rating: 8/10
Ripped Using Winamp>Flac
Md5's are included

This sounds like a sounboards, but I do have some doubts...
can anybody confirm if this is indeed soundboard or a very, very good audience recording.
Thanks
:o

Thanks to Paul B, I've been able to revisit that evening on double CD. As stated above, the show was actually in 1998. And those lucky Phillaians, like myself, got to peep the sneak show earlier that June at the EC.

The recording I have is, in fact, from the Soundboard. MMM opening with Tom Sawyer... Cool stuff. (y)

Sup, Paul B?!

paulb
12-23-2005, 02:30 PM
yo Steve, glad you enjoyed them, i love my SOP shirt. i keep spillin shit on it. its already has had my blood on it, and some mustard.

steve-onpoint
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Don't you mean E.F. ?

If so, I was at both shows (y)

well, some call it the Electric Factory. I choose to call it the Electric Conduit because that mofo was jumping with energy. They needed a dome to channel that shit to the other ends of the atlas.

steve-onpoint
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
yo Steve, glad you enjoyed them, i love my SOP shirt. i keep spillin shit on it. its already has had my blood on it, and some mustard.

word up. it gives the shirt a little more character.

what's up with that NJ '92 riot on waves?

Shadrach
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Can some one direct me to a way to get this show? I have gone through 3 versions of it, none seem to be as good or as complete as this one. I bought the first at Drexel University, when their little CD store still sold Live shows. The verison I have now is good quality but is very incomplete.

Thanks.

Harrio
01-06-2006, 05:36 AM
New to the forum.....

Would love a copy of this show, can anyone tell the new boy how I get it? Who do I contact etc?

would really appreciate it.

Cheers

steve-onpoint
01-06-2006, 09:08 AM
New to the forum.....

Would love a copy of this show, can anyone tell the new boy how I get it? Who do I contact etc?

would really appreciate it.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure that my main man Paul B'll hook a new boy up. (y)

He sells and swaps. So put together your loot or props.

Paul, fo' real now. What's up with that NJ '92, dude?! :eek:

Harrio
01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Cheers Steve.... appreciate that. I'll get onto PaulB...i guessed he be da man to check with!

Bubblin in Dublin!
Harrio ;)

valvano
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
as i mentioned, i got it off dimeadozen

Jiggy Fly
01-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Paul Revere was the best at that show.

Yeah it was!!!! The whole crowd sung in unisen. The EF show was off the hook too. They announced it the day before. I drove home from Sea Isle and got fired from my summer job to see it. Worth it.

RhythmAce
01-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Can some one direct me to a way to get this show? I have gone through 3 versions of it, none seem to be as good or as complete as this one. I bought the first at Drexel University, when their little CD store still sold Live shows. The verison I have now is good quality but is very incomplete.

Thanks.

I bought that cd at the drxel store too. Was it called bone crush or something?? Thats funny. My copy is long since scratched to hell. I was lucky enough to catch the EF show too. Ditched my friends and busted up to the stage, best venue I've seen them in