PDA

View Full Version : accomplishments.

beastieangel01
12-27-2005, 09:18 PM
sometimes I feel like I've accomplished nothing.

I think it might be a universal thing. I had to sit and really think about what I've done so far in my life; what goals I've reached, how much I've done, etc.

Turns out, I've accomplished a bit. Not as much as I think I should have, but it's not too shabby either. I worked on some art and now I have a pretty good amount of works (and I want to keep doing more), returned to photography (after 4 YEARS), went back to school (after taking a year break), changed my major (and am really, really happy with it), consolidated my medical debts and am paying them off (with a payment I can afford!), and now am officialy a web designer (I should work on my own sites to make them look nicer since I have better skills now but oh well).

Overall though, this was a pleasant realization. (y)

What have you accomplished, this year since it's is after all the end of 2005, that you are happy about/proud of?

na§tee
12-27-2005, 09:42 PM
i am very, very proud that i have a first class honours degree.
that i was one of the only 2.5% or something ridiculous in my discipline [film and television studies] to gain funding to do a masters degree.
and i am also proud that i turned above funding down to work for an oscar winning director in her first full length film for much less money.
:cool:
fuckit, i worked really fucking hard and i deserve it, yo.

QueenAdrock
12-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Umm. I made Dean's List this semester. And umm...I travelled alone for the first time this year!

I don't accomplish much, but that's fine with me.

mikizee
12-27-2005, 10:08 PM
hmmm.... im no studyer. if thats a word. my proudest... well not proudest but happiest achievement was managing one of the citys hottest nightclubs when i was just 19-20. man, that was fun... booze, drugs, chicks........ chicks.......did i mention the chicks? i grew up very quickly in that place. other than that, havent really achieved much. im doing alright tho, i think someones looking after me, cos i always land plum jobs that im not qualified for, and somehow not fuck them up. now im 24, and drive a mercedes, that has been provided by the company i work for. all free. woohoo!!

The Notorious LOL
12-27-2005, 11:26 PM
doing stand up.

100% ILL
12-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Started my own buisness, and now work for myself full time. Woooooooohoooooooooo (y)

jabumbo
12-28-2005, 12:27 AM
i am part of an honorary fraternity at school, and this past semester i compiled a chapter roster of all they 623 people that have been a member since 1949, as well as getting addresses for about 70% of them. then i took that and made a mailing out to over 400 people.

this semester i am planning a weekend long anneversary celebration to bring people in from all over the country as well as digging up information on the past 50+ years of the organization

mikizee
12-28-2005, 12:58 AM
doing stand up.

thats fuckin awesome. ive always wanted to do that, im cracking jokes 24/7, but public speaking makes me go into a quivering mess curled up in the foetal position.

Justin
12-28-2005, 01:13 AM
thats fuckin awesome. ive always wanted to do that, im cracking jokes 24/7, but public speaking makes me go into a quivering mess curled up in the foetal position.

No need to be afraid. Just act like everyone is your friend. Be yourself. Pretend your in a traffic jam while you are very calm while singing love songs aloud.

Your in control!

The Notorious LOL
12-28-2005, 01:59 AM

its easier than youd think it would be, to be honest.

Anne Lauren
12-28-2005, 02:33 AM
I feel like I've accomplished all the "ideal" things that society depicts as being important. My life is a freakin' resume. But, I've always wanted to do something "off the wall", like pose nude in a magazine or get smashed and get married in Vegas on a whim by a singing Elvis or something. I've done a lot of stupid crazy shit in my life, but I get bored very easily.

miss soul fire
12-28-2005, 04:27 AM
I won a composition contest in second grade. That was nice.:o

I fail a LOT, like years of failure, but I'm very persistant. Things come really hard to me no matter how much effort I put in them. It's bad and good at the same time.

Anne Lauren
12-28-2005, 04:33 AM
I won a composition contest in second grade. That was nice.:o

I fail a LOT, like years of failure, but I'm very persistant. Things come really hard to me no matter how much effort I put in them. It's bad and good at the same time.

Whatever...I bet you've accomplished a lot of stuff that you don't even realize...seriously :) You don't have to win a trophey in order for it to count. Plus, the harder you work for it and the more you have to overcome in order for you to accomplish it...the better it is because it has meaning behind it. I know that sounds gay as hell...but it's true!

DandyFop
12-28-2005, 04:35 AM
notorious lol is a joke! he like talks about his ex-wife's fat ass or some shit. OLD (n)

adam_f
12-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Usually when I fail at something, out of nowhere I'll scream MOSES MALONE!

ToucanSpam
12-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I went to university and made the Deans List. While I was doing that I made some really fantastic friends who mean a lot to me and helped me figure out some things about myself.

I went back to Christianity.

I got my confidence back.

I pretty much kick ass now.

Tzar
12-28-2005, 09:43 AM
i consider not throwing up after a hard night on the piss a bit of an accomplishment.

but then again, one might argue and say "well.. it wasn't a hard night if you didn't puke"...

to that, i say fuck you, cunt and walk away.....and vomit on a 4 year old girl.

paul jones
12-28-2005, 10:04 AM
I've got lots of CD's

bigblu89
12-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I never really set any career goals for myself because I've always been somewhat of an underacheiver, but looking at it now...

I have a wife, a kid on the way, a house, a "decent" paying job.

So I guess whatever I did with the first 27 years of my life to get to this spot wasn't too bad.

I know a lot of you younger kids are thinking "Man, that's the exact OPPOSITE of what I want!"

But eventually you'll grow up and stop being a hippie, and you'll settledown as well.