PDA

View Full Version : In last night's dream

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 09:45 AM
it was an ordinary day of work, except that my co-workers were each pulling poker-faced physical pranks: one was wearing a feather headdress, my boss had blacked out his front teeth, etc. And we were all pretending we didn't notice. But I was the only person not pulling a gag, so to speak.

Analysis?

alexandra
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
the co-worker who wore a feather headdress is gonna have sex with a pheasant
you have to cheer up

don't listen to me.

BangkokB
12-29-2005, 09:57 AM
It meant that you don't play around A-Z

And you'll punch your bosses teeth out to prove it..Meaning you feel more qualified than that lackadasecal "boss" of yours. Good for you and for that I applaud you.

Next step a power play. Knight takes Queen

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 10:02 AM
....and how does that make you feel?

Hmmmm. I'm wondering if it's not a "they're trying to pull a joke on me, but I won't be fooled" kind of thing.

Which, to some degree, is how I feel.

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
No. Trust me on this. (y)

miss soul fire
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
it was an ordinary day of work, except that my co-workers were each pulling poker-faced physical pranks: one was wearing a feather headdress, my boss had blacked out his front teeth, etc. And we were all pretending we didn't notice. But I was the only person not pulling a gag, so to speak.

Analysis?
Because you are a sadomasochist. You like to watch people doing that kind of stuff. You put some medication on their drink so they would do that to each other and you were laughing inside because you are, in fact, one of those serial killers like Robin williams, who has always a smile to show, but a fiendish soul to share. You creep me out, dude! :p

cookiepuss
12-29-2005, 11:16 AM
well it sounds like your standard "fish out of water" anxiety type of dream. on some level you either feel you don't fit in at work...or that everyone else is having fun at work and you aren't.

SobaViolence
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
the co-workers represent your unconscious desire to be more open and easy going. they are different aspects of your self.

you should try to remember more details.

wrongwayandugg
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
ok... so this is just a brief overview.

i had a dream last night that someone who sounded but didn't look like Louis Armstrong sang "What A Wonderful World" on a large theatrical screen displayed at a party in the woods while I flew up the side of a massive spruce only to swing on my way down as a huge flying saucer was engulfed in dark clouds.

soba?

marsdaddy
12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
I was going to go with the "you don't fit in" analysis, but since it's taken:

You thought working for a "real" company was going to be a lot more challanging than it is. You feel a bit guilty for not giving it your all. That's your prank.

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 11:33 AM
well it sounds like your standard "fish out of water" anxiety type of dream. on some level you either feel you don't fit in at work...or that everyone else is having fun at work and you aren't.

A-. (y)

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I was going to go with the "you don't fit in" analysis, but since it's taken:

You thought working for a "real" company was going to be a lot more challanging than it is. You feel a bit guilty for not giving it your all. That's your prank.

...pretty close.

This job.... see: the busier we are, customer-wise, the less work I have, because all my guys are doing AE stuff with no time for documentation. So I'm at the best-paying job I've ever had and very, very often have little to do but water the plants. :(

abcdefz
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
the co-workers represent your unconscious desire to be more open and easy going. they are different aspects of your self.

Hmmm.... about half-right, I think.

you should try to remember more details.

I only remember the feeling: annoyed, but otherwise pretty much at ease.

adam_f
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Maybe it's God's way of telling you that you have a stick up your ass and the g-o-d is using your co-workers as a messenger.

I don't think you have a stick up your ass though.

SobaViolence
12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
you feel useless (i think it's already been said) and that you aren't a valuable part of the team because you aren't working as hard as the others.

wrongwayandugg, does the song mean anything to you consciously? when you climb you are trying to escape something alien enshrouded in mystery, something you don't understand. the tree symbolizes your life and its basic structure. the party represents your alertedness to your social skills and since it is in a forest, it has to do with your emotional self and coming to terms with your secret nature.

so piece it together as you will.

wrongwayandugg
12-30-2005, 05:44 AM
wrongwayandugg, does the song mean anything to you consciously? when you climb you are trying to escape something alien enshrouded in mystery, something you don't understand. the tree symbolizes your life and its basic structure. the party represents your alertedness to your social skills and since it is in a forest, it has to do with your emotional self and coming to terms with your secret nature.

so piece it together as you will.

Thanks, Soba. That's an insightful interpretation.

Perhaps you can assist me with last night's dream.

I was playing basketball with two people out back of a house. The backboard of the basketball net was velcro and the balls we were using had a fabric skin.

I needed to get ready for work. So I asked if I could shower inside the house. The bathroom had a tile floor and the walls were lined with large rocks/boulders.

As i started to shower, one of the basketball players' mothers came home and said I couldn't use the shower because there wasn't enough hot water.

I cleaned up and found myself suddenly in the building of my high school's arch rivals. The building was a maze and I needed to stop and ask for directions to the registrar's office. I was told to go downstairs and make two rights.

Just before I found my destination, I had to walk through a room that was holding a high school dance. All the students were extremely short. So I crouched down as I walked through the room.

Rawr
12-30-2005, 05:52 AM
I cleaned up and found myself suddenly in the building of my high school's arch rivals. The building was a maze and I needed to stop and ask for directions to the registrar's office. I was told to go downstairs and make two rights.
Maybe its just reflecting on Highschool. were you self-concouise on how you looked or acted and scared of what people would think of you, mayybe even a little ?

Just before I found my destination, I had to walk through a room that was holding a high school dance. All the students were extremely short. So I crouched down as I walked through the room. maybe you feel wiser.. stronger, something like that then anyone else at times.

maybe you feel taller then anyone else you usualy meet. so you insist on crouching down to see what these people look like.

or maybe you feel too noticeable and crouch down so you'r like everyone else.

I unno

wrongwayandugg
01-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Maybe its just reflecting on Highschool. were you self-concouise on how you looked or acted and scared of what people would think of you, mayybe even a little ?

Just before I found my destination, I had to walk through a room that was holding a high school dance. All the students were extremely short. So I crouched down as I walked through the room. maybe you feel wiser.. stronger, something like that then anyone else at times.

maybe you feel taller then anyone else you usualy meet. so you insist on crouching down to see what these people look like.

or maybe you feel too noticeable and crouch down so you'r like everyone else.

I unno

interesting interpretation. yes, i can be self-conscious at times.

I'm not sure I'm any wiser than my peers. Sometimes I think the others have it right. Am I wasting my time searching for something real... some knowledge; some truths (whatever they are :rolleyes: )?

I'm trying to be the best person that I can be.

But my dreams are so vivid. They have to mean something (I hope :o ). But I've considered that they mean nothing at all.

abcdefz
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I tend to think that dreams are just sort of a playground/clearinghouse for thoughts. I think the brain is just kind of putting a collage together from scraps big and small from the last day or two of thinking/experiencing.

So, it's like: "Hey -- that terrier hanging out the lady's car window as you walked down the street? We never really did anything with that. And that orange you had half of at breakfast Sunday? Presto -- orange flavored terrier!"

fucktopgirl
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=abcdefz]I tend to think that dreams are just sort of a playground/clearinghouse for thoughts. I think the brain is just kind of putting a collage together from scraps big and small from the last day or two of thinking/experiencing.QUOTE]

i think that dream are much more then that,they are for shure a release from the life we live, a melting pot of emotions and thoughs. But i do think they have more deep to them.We pass like almost half our life sleeping,some say that the dreaming part of our life is as important as the awake part.THta in dream we can comprehend some of our most inner pattern.If you are able to control your dream,the more you will be able to have control in your awake state.The dreaming world seem to be in direct contact with the subconcious mind(our inhibitions,attitudes,motives).

abcdefz
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (y)

fucktopgirl
01-03-2006, 02:05 PM
well a cigar in your dream can signified that your dick is in fire and in need of letting go of some pressure,just saying!

abcdefz
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Sometimes the fault lies not in the stars, but in ourselves.

I'm paraphrasing.

alexandra
01-03-2006, 02:27 PM
sometimes i dream about people i haven't met in years, even if i haven't thought about them while being awake. does that mean i wanna meet them again?

wrongwayandugg
01-04-2006, 05:00 AM
sometimes i dream about people i haven't met in years, even if i haven't thought about them while being awake. does that mean i wanna meet them again?

i question the same thing.

have you ever been visited in a dream by someone you knew who has died? those kinds of experiences that make me feel like there is something more to the dream state.

Parkey
01-04-2006, 08:39 AM
I dreamt I was on 'Deal, No Deal' last night and shafted Noel Edmonds for £249,000...

alexandra
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
have you ever been visited in a dream by someone you knew who has died?
actually yes, a friend who died in cancer three years ago. in the dream we were each other. i interpret that like "If you could only be in my shoes for a day".

i've had so many dreams where i've been on another planet and from there seen the earth explode, and it always looks + feels so real.

i've also dreamt several times of being kidnapped by terrorists, and knowing that they'll kill me. the last minutes before they do are always full with fear, and i feel so helpless. when i wake up i'm always thankful of still being alive, and that it was just another awful dream.

wrongwayandugg
01-04-2006, 11:31 AM
i've had so many dreams where i've been on another planet

I've been there.

This one dream in particular began in a field of "love seats" (small couches).

A friend appeared and asked me to follow his lead. He sat in one of the chairs and it began to levitate. So I sat down in one and my chair began to levitate , as well.

We both suddenly shot off to the stars and entered a new galaxy. The planet we landed on was full of different creatures. One creature looked like a squash that jumped around.

A person, who looked like Carroll O'Connor, by the name of Bob Campbell followed me around this alien airport turning corners. He had a third eye on his forehead. None of the eyes blinked.

Dr. Soba? Dr. Rawr?

abcdefz
01-19-2006, 12:52 PM
In last night's dream, I turned on the radio in the wee hours and listened to the Oscar nominations being announced.

Charlize Theron had been nominated, and I got Jeff Daniels' nomination for THE SQUID AND THE WHALE. (Thank you.)

Charlize was sleeping on my desk, so I woke her and told her she'd gotten nominated and we made out for a little bit, but I wasn't very good at it 'cause it has been a while, and that was frustrating.

Then I went to take a shower and a friend of mine was at the sink brushing his teeth and another guy talking to him from outside the door. Apparently, we were all in sort of dorm or communal setting,e xcept it was a house.

I asked Jason to split so I could take a shower and he was cool about it. I had to climb in the shower stall which was full of about three feet of water.

After that, I went out to the porch and had two empty backpacks waiting for me. Some lame soap opera actor came outside and congratulated me on my nomnation, using really stilted TV language. I consoled him by saying if people wrote better dialogue, he might have a nomination, too.

That's about it.

SobaViolence
01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I've been there.

This one dream in particular began in a field of "love seats" (small couches).

A friend appeared and asked me to follow his lead. He sat in one of the chairs and it began to levitate. So I sat down in one and my chair began to levitate , as well.

We both suddenly shot off to the stars and entered a new galaxy. The planet we landed on was full of different creatures. One creature looked like a squash that jumped around.

A person, who looked like Carroll O'Connor, by the name of Bob Campbell followed me around this alien airport turning corners. He had a third eye on his forehead. None of the eyes blinked.

Dr. Soba? Dr. Rawr?

well, Jung (and i think Freud) said that when a name appears in your dreams it is refering to another person, but the way you can decrypt it is by only using the vowels in that particular order

ie. Bob Campbell would be someone with the same vowels in the same order=oae
so...Joanne, or something like that.

i've gave my dream interpretation books to a friend, so beyond that, i'm impotent at the moment

fucktopgirl
01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
well, Jung (and i think Freud) said that when a name appears in your dreams it is refering to another person, but the way you can decrypt it is by only using the vowels in that particular order

ie. Bob Campbell would be someone with the same vowels in the same order=oae
so...Joanne, or something like that.

i've gave my dream interpretation books to a friend, so beyond that, i'm impotent at the moment

Bob campbell appears in my dream and wanted me to take one of is nuts! :D

dream interpretation is very subjectifs,i dont think there is rules that apply to everybody,,it is really subjectif!So whatever suit you better i guess!

Rawr
01-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I wonder what this one ment..
it was a way longer dream but this is the only part i remember clearly.

I was at some store and this really tall scary man came in with the Blues Brother's sunglasses, and a cane. he started yelling "ANYONE SPARE A PENNY? SPARE A PENNY?" and some cops were beside me, i didnt want to come off as rude near them so i said "i don't have a penny! i DONT have a penny!" and the blind guy started cornering me, i said "OKay wait! i'll proove it to you!" and dug my hand into my pocket, i pulled out a tube of weed and the cop near me came up to me and said "Hey little lady, what did i just see in your hand?" i got really scared and said "NOTHING" really fast. he backed me up and told me to empty my pockets nicley, so i freaked and slaped the cop super hard across the face and ran.

wtf?
there was one part that a friend told me my children lived in this aparement we were near, i was like "MY CHILDREN MY CHILDRREN?" and ran to it and opend up the door, the kids turned into chapsticks, i decided to steal them and i picked them up and shoved them in my pocket and ran.
ahahahahah

alexandra
01-22-2006, 06:46 AM
...i smoked a big cigar.

abcdefz
01-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I wonder what this one ment..
it was a way longer dream but this is the only part i remember clearly.

I was at some store and this really tall scary man came in with the Blues Brother's sunglasses, and a cane. he started yelling "ANYONE SPARE A PENNY? SPARE A PENNY?" and some cops were beside me, i didnt want to come off as rude near them so i said "i don't have a penny! i DONT have a penny!" and the blind guy started cornering me, i said "OKay wait! i'll proove it to you!" and dug my hand into my pocket, i pulled out a tube of weed and the cop near me came up to me and said "Hey little lady, what did i just see in your hand?" i got really scared and said "NOTHING" really fast. he backed me up and told me to empty my pockets nicley, so i freaked and slaped the cop super hard across the face and ran.

wtf?

...there was weed in my dream last night, too. Or this morning.

I had pressed it flat and tucked it into my Bible as a good hiding spot, then gave it to my oldest brother, who's kind of a zero. Then I needed the Bible back to mail it and I asked if he had already gotten his "page" out. He said yes.