PDA

View Full Version : lesson learned AKA exploding eggs

CJM
01-07-2006, 04:30 PM
i put two boiled egges into the microwave. as i was waiting, and cut a couple english muffins in half, and put them in the toaster. the eggs started to hiss, so i took them out and looked at them thinking how good them were going to taste.....and then BAM, one of them explodes. i let out a loud YELP as the egg shrapnel hit my face and neck, as i dropped the bowl to the ground.

there were egg guts all over my face, neck, sweater, and kitchen. luckily, the only wounds were scratches to my neck (which sting like a bitch), and my pride. i decided to put peanut butter, and jam on the muffins, instead.

let this be a lesson to all of you, when boiled eggs get too hot in the microwave, they EXPLODE.

this has been a public service announcement by CJM

kleptomaniac
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
sorry about that. mostly because i laughed out loud reading that. :o

kaiser soze
01-07-2006, 04:48 PM
why not boil them on the stove?

jackrock
01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
yea, any shrapnel isn't good (n)

i've recieved many a little cup dish things specially made for cooking eggs in the microwave, maybe next time use the mic cover when you take it out, to shield yourself :p (y)

CJM
01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
^^they were already cooked i was just warming them up

sorry about that. mostly because i laughed out loud reading that. :o

that's the only reason i posted it in the first place.

kleptomaniac
01-07-2006, 04:53 PM
that's the only reason i posted it in the first place.

then i take back my "sorry" (lb)

*laughs laughs laughs*

*eggs eggs eggs*

kaiser soze
01-07-2006, 04:55 PM
eggs are dangerous, never trust one

Zonkie
01-07-2006, 04:59 PM
damn that's funny

especially sense it's happened to me 3 times, and i never learn

but usually the explode the bowl right after i open the microwave.

i have to go back to laughing really hard for a bit.

kleptomaniac
01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
doncha hate it when you put your sausages in the microwave, but you leave them in there too long so when you take them out, they're all wrinked and shriveled up?

did that sound very wrong to you? :confused:

small sausages (n) :(

Zonkie
01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
doncha hate it when you put your sausages in the microwave, but you leave them in there too long so when you take them out, they're all wrinked and shriveled up?

did that sound very wrong to you? :confused:

small sausages (n) :(

i don't eat sausage so i wouldn't know

my god, i'm using all of my will power not to spam because of what you said!!!

so i'll just say that i just friggin stabbed myself with an egg shell because i remembered i had boiled eggs in the fridge. they're hell to peel.

ms.peachy
01-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Is it really possible that there are so many people out there who don't know that you never, ever put eggs that are still in the shell in the microwave? Were you people raised by wolves or something?

Zonkie
01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Is it really possible that there are so many people out there who don't know that you never, ever put eggs that are still in the shell in the microwave? Were you people raised by wolves or something?

i do it because i like to see what happens...over and over and over again.

if you put a rock into a microwave, it'll explode.

i don't have actual experience of that one, i just heard it...

ms.peachy
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
so i'll just say that i just friggin stabbed myself with an egg shell because i remembered i had boiled eggs in the fridge. they're hell to peel.
To make boiled eggs that are easy to peel, first of all, if possible use eggs that are a little bit older than really really super fresh ones, and make sure that as soon as they are done cooking, you take them out of the hot water and leave them under cold running water for at least 3 full minutes.

Zonkie
01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
To make boiled eggs that are easy to peel, first of all, if possible use eggs that are a little bit older than really really super fresh ones, and make sure that as soon as they are done cooking, you take them out of the hot water and leave them under cold running water for at least 3 full minutes.

that's usually what i do but i almost fell asleep peeling a couple of them and then just stuck the rest in the fridge.

but i didn't know it'd be easier to peel if i didn't boil them like as soon as i bought them. thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

pregnant women are so full of knowledge

kleptomaniac
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
pregnant women are so full of knowledge

and babies

this makes me feel kinda bad for the poor eggs :(

na§tee
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
i do my eggs as peachy described above.
i find it helps to roll them under your palm on a chopping board for a while to get the shell off.
yup.

kleptomaniac
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
this thread got me thinking about eggs now...

i think i'm going to listen to 'egg man' if you don't mind.
(and if you do mind, then forget you, cuz i'm listening to it anyway! :cool: )

jabumbo
01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
you don't seem like the sweater wearing type, CJM

oh, and i don't eat eggs,so i don't have these kinds of problems

CJM
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
^ i'm a big fan of hoodies, actually. what made you think that? i normally rock a black Shorty's hoodie with a picture of a stereo, and a few different adidas zip-ups (the old school kind)]. i'm always cold, so sweaters help.

at the time of the incident i was in my lounge-wear (jogging pants, t-shirt, and zip-up hoodie).

Medellia
01-08-2006, 01:41 AM
I don't know why anyone would nuke eggs in the first place, but if you're going to TAKE THE GODDAMNED SHELL OFF IF THEY"VE ALREADY BEEN BOILED!!!!!! If they haven't been boiled, just scramble 'em. It's quicker than boiling them on the stove and there's no shrap.

TAL
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm eating eggs right now.

Chad the Lad
01-08-2006, 12:07 PM
i only put eggs in the microwave when im making em scrambled, cos its sooooo much faster than using the cooker!!!!

but yeah, rolling yer boiled eggs will get em out easy and plus you dont have to worry bout crunching into a piece of shell when enjoying em!