PDA

View Full Version : Social Equality part 2:

Qdrop
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
..continuing with this conversation about social equality, sparked by overheard debate on morning radio talkshows....

TODAY, the topic was a recently settled lawsuit involving a black man who sued the company that fired him....for hiring and promoting him in the first place!

He contended that the company hired and promoted him rapidly, only because he was black (affirmative action), and that he was not qualified or properly trained for his promotions....and that's why his job performance was eventually lackluster and he was fired.

amazing...suing against affirmative action because it benefited him TOO much.

ms.peachy
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
I can't see that as anything other than him failing to take responsibility for failing to obtain support when he knew he needed it, or for refusing to take a job for which he knew himself to be unqualified. Unless his HR record shows that he made requests for support or training that went ignored, doesn't sound to me like he has much of a claim.

jabumbo
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
why anyone would want to work for a company that hired you because they were esentially forced into doing is beyond me.

TurdBerglar
01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
i lost my financial aid becuase im not a minority

The Notorious LOL
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
sounds like a buncha angry whiteys who got the shit end of the stick because they're white and underqualified and smell like bologna. Bologna smelling whiteys.

Nuzzolese
01-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey, being a minority throws you into all these complex social issues that you have to struggle to overcome - and none of it is totally your fault, I mean the odds are against you sometimes. Apparently, with affirmative action causing you to lose your money and jobs and places in school, being white also comes with its share of odds against which you have to struggle.

sam i am
01-10-2006, 12:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

Deep.

Nuzzolese
01-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I can't see that as anything other than him failing to take responsibility for failing to obtain support when he knew he needed it, or for refusing to take a job for which he knew himself to be unqualified. Unless his HR record shows that he made requests for support or training that went ignored, doesn't sound to me like he has much of a claim.

But what if he felt pushed around by people with the hidden agenda to get him fired? He could have a case there.

Qdrop
01-10-2006, 01:01 PM

the company settled and gave him $70k

marsdaddy
01-10-2006, 01:17 PM
With racism solved, this sounds like a complex social issue.

Qdrop
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
With racism solved, this sounds like a complex social issue.

har de har har.

love when you put words in my mouth.

ass.

marsdaddy
01-10-2006, 07:40 PM
har de har har.

love when you put words in my mouth.

ass.Under my thumb...