PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Guy Incognito
02-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey,

I have an AKAI sampler i got about 7 years ago that i used to mess about on and at the mo its just gatherin dust upstairs. Can anyone answer these questions for me:

How do i go about using it with my PC,
How do i import samples from it on to my PC?
Do you know of any websites I can find the answers?

Cheers
Moz

funky49
02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey,

I have an AKAI sampler i got about 7 years ago that i used to mess about on and at the mo its just gatherin dust upstairs. Can anyone answer these questions for me:

How do i go about using it with my PC,
How do i import samples from it on to my PC?
Do you know of any websites I can find the answers?

Cheers
Moz

You can trigger samples from your sampler by plugging it into a MIDI interface. You probably already have a sound card on your pc and thus can use the joystick-port-turned-into-midi-interface adapter. This adapter sucks. The best/cheapest solution is to get an M-audio Uno 1x1 USB midi interface. You're going to need a software sequencer. There might be some shareware out there for that or you can buy something.

The best way to cut up samples and export them to an Akai sampler is to use a copy of Recycle. It's sweet. Recycle can send samples to the Akai via MIDI or SCSI. If you're really cool, you can install a SCSI card in your computer and connect the sampler to the pc via a SCSI cable. You can also attach a SCSI CD-ROM drive to your sampler to load up samples from Akai sample cds. I think you can also use a shareware program to copy samples to 3.5" floppy disks to load up on your Akai. You may or may not have SCSI on your Akai.

Try doing a search for Akai and the model number of your sampler. Here is a bunch of info + sites with info on how to rock an Akai S2000.
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/akai_s2000.cfm

FUNK

Guy Incognito
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
You can trigger samples from your sampler by plugging it into a MIDI interface. You probably already have a sound card on your pc and thus can use the joystick-port-turned-into-midi-interface adapter. This adapter sucks. The best/cheapest solution is to get an M-audio Uno 1x1 USB midi interface. You're going to need a software sequencer. There might be some shareware out there for that or you can buy something.

The best way to cut up samples and export them to an Akai sampler is to use a copy of Recycle. It's sweet. Recycle can send samples to the Akai via MIDI or SCSI. If you're really cool, you can install a SCSI card in your computer and connect the sampler to the pc via a SCSI cable. You can also attach a SCSI CD-ROM drive to your sampler to load up samples from Akai sample cds. I think you can also use a shareware program to copy samples to 3.5" floppy disks to load up on your Akai. You may or may not have SCSI on your Akai.

Try doing a search for Akai and the model number of your sampler. Here is a bunch of info + sites with info on how to rock an Akai S2000.
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/akai_s2000.cfm

FUNK

Nice one for that - will have a look at that link and have a search about the internet for that stuff (y) :)

thedjphat
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I happen to use AKAI sample CDs for most of my sound, ported to sf2 to be used in FL studio using a program called CDXtract.

read more here: http://www.highpass.studioeclection.com/articles/article.php?hpa_id=7