PDA

View Full Version : nYgel - Oh Word (nYgel remix)

Nygel
02-08-2006, 06:48 AM
So this is a remix i made for my latest mixtape (i wish i had a scion) and ive just started releasin shit by itself instead of in bundles cuz people comment more when its one song (hint hint). I called it Made In . . . cuz i couldnt think of a cool name. either way just listen to it please
Made In . . . (http://beastiemixes.com/mixes/nygel/Made%20In%20.%20.%20._nYgel.mp3)

-nygel

laurie_hammy
02-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Shit Yeah, AWSOME mix. Great follow up from the Brrr Stick Em Remix. THis is going straight to the car cd player. Really good work man (y)

Nygel
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
thanks man, this one i feel is up there as one of my top 3 or 4 remixes. THe effects and beats are just amazing on headphones, i love it.

Guy Incognito
02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Gonna be a little bit critical - not sure that little melody is enough but on the plus side your beats kick ass - really nice drums man (y)

Nygel
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Gonna be a little bit critical - not sure that little melody is enough but on the plus side your beats kick ass - really nice drums man (y)
for real? i love the melody, and the "Bee" and "wisp" (not proper terms i know) but yea, the bees and wisp and little melody i thought held alot together. and the break, (the bee and wasp are throughout the whole thing but at the very end, the last noise that echoes... those)
but thanks on the drums. Drums are the hardest for me.

MarkKnaufler
02-11-2006, 12:39 AM
No offense nYgel.. But I went thru the majority of your remixes that are posted and I don't see anything that looked like major work. It is easy to slap a song on top of a song.

Just my opinion.

Guy Incognito
02-11-2006, 03:37 AM
No offense nYgel.. But I went thru the majority of your remixes that are posted and I don't see anything that looked like major work. It is easy to slap a song on top of a song.

Just my opinion.

To stick up for Nygel - it is relatively easy to do but still takes imagination and skill to get it right.

Nygel
02-11-2006, 11:22 AM

Just my opinion.

to stick up for myself....
ive only slapped a song over a song about 6 times (those are wat we call 'mashups') for the Hello Johnny mixtape, Bringin' Back Old School Hip Hop is solid samples, and then Broken Turntable, those are it... majority of my stuff is original compositions, not mashups. LIke this.. this is all original, along with all the others songs except the ones i listed above. But im glad u listened to my songs. i like to think im pretty good for a 15 year old

by the way, you now have to go straight to www.beastiemixes.com to access my remixes, hyperlinking is now off.

2sweet2Bsour
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
i like to think im pretty good for a 15 year old

You're only 15? :eek: That's awesome - your versions of Ch-Check it Out (so unique) and Brrr Stick 'em (so catchy) are among my fave remixes. Keep at it, I don't know the first thing about mixing technically speaking but I like what I hear so far and IMHO you got mad skillz and tons of potential.

Nygel
02-11-2006, 07:59 PM
You're only 15? :eek: That's awesome - your versions of Ch-Check it Out (so unique) and Brrr Stick 'em (so catchy) are among my fave remixes. Keep at it, I don't know the first thing about mixing technically speaking but I like what I hear so far and IMHO you got mad skillz and tons of potential.
Thanks, its always great to hear how others enjoy ur music. (y):)

Chicka B
02-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Nygel, I dig ALL of your remixes. Yes I listened to them all, I get bored. :o But this one is definatly one of my favorites because of the beat most of all. You are really creative with coming up with songs and stuff, and I like your style. (y) I was playing the Broken Turntable remix, and my dad's like "I didn't know the Beastie Boys did a song with Beck! Sounds cool." :rolleyes:

Nygel
02-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Nygel, I dig ALL of your remixes. Yes I listened to them all, I get bored. :o But this one is definatly one of my favorites because of the beat most of all. You are really creative with coming up with songs and stuff, and I like your style. (y) I was playing the Broken Turntable remix, and my dad's like "I didn't know the Beastie Boys did a song with Beck! Sounds cool." :rolleyes:
Thanks, i was hopin people would enjoy this one alot (y)

laurie_hammy
02-12-2006, 08:26 PM

Just my opinion.

I disagree man. Nygel I never knew were 15. In my opinion you got skills. You and Chromium are probably my fav remixers on this site. So for 15 your mixes are SiK. By the way I wanna check out this "Check It Out" Remix that the other dude said was "unique". Hook me up.

Nygel
02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I disagree man. Nygel I never knew were 15. In my opinion you got skills. You and Chromium are probably my fav remixers on this site. So for 15 your mixes are SiK. By the way I wanna check out this "Check It Out" Remix that the other dude said was "unique". Hook me up.

from what i can think of he is thinking of my Check'D Out remix. Its on www.beastiemixes.com
its in the iced coffee part of my page.

and thank you for the kind words, means alot to me

2sweet2Bsour
02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
from what i can think of he is thinking of my Check'D Out remix. Its on www.beastiemixes.com
its in the iced coffee part of my page.

and thank you for the kind words, means alot to me

Actually this is the one I had in mind:

Ch-Check it Out (nYgel with DJ Zap) (http://www.beastiemixes.com/mixes/nygel/nYgelDJZapRemix.mp3)

I like how you can clearly hear the lyrics with the slowed down tempo. And almost sounds like sampled basketball thumps when MCA sings his basketball-related verse?? Lots of creative touches, I just dig it.

p.s. I'm a B-Girl. :)

Nygel
02-13-2006, 02:17 PM
ohhhh, ok, yea that makes more sense, i havent made a thread bout the other one so i was kinda confused. Yea, i like that one alot, dj zap of course contributed alot to it as well.

ok, and sorry for callin ya a guy