PDA

View Full Version : Duuuuude, I was floating

ms.peachy
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
yeeeeah!

I had a big presentation this afternoon that had kinda been stressing me, so the other day I booked myself in for a session in a flotation tank afterwards to de-tensify. First of all, the presentation went very very well and although I was only meant to be 'on' for 20 minutes they were into it and kept asking questions and I was there for an hour and a half. And then secondly floating is SO FUCKING GREAT. I am like totally blissed out right now.

Then I went to meet mr.p at the oyster bar, and had a pint of prawns and sparkling apple juice. Which was also very nice (y)

ms.peachy
02-21-2006, 03:44 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about having to urinate. Great story though. (y)
Hello, I am seven months pregnant. Most of my waking hours, and a few of the sleeping ones, right now are taken up with having to urinate. I only report on the stuff that happens in between the having to urinate. Saves time.

na§tee
02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
i went to the floatation rooms on great western road when i was doing my exams in 3rd year, and again in my finals last year. twas great.
they gave me a key so you you could lock yourself in to the changing/shower/float area.
it was so small! when you step into it [for you have to step] it's only a couple of inches of water. when you close the door and press the button under the water level it is total blackness. the lights in the changing/shower area turn off so there's not even a crack of light in the door frame.
i just stay there with my limbs out in a star shape trying not to sit up and get a mouthful of saltwater drifting from side to side slowly with my fingertips. there are lights under the water that you can turn on or off but after your hour is up the lights sloooowwwllly come on and music starts playing. it's not like those really abrupt [and stress inducing and thus pointless] morning alarm clocks.
just [i]chiiiillllll.
"not recommended for schizophrenics".

ms.peachy
02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
This place was kind of like that, except the float tanks are these pod-like things. If you feel too claustrophobic with it closed you can leave the top open, but I don't mind, I closed it and shut the lights off and just chilled out.

The hardest part I found was cutting out my 'mind chatter'. It took af ew minutes but I just focussed on my breathing and my heart beat for a bit, then got really into the whole 'oneness with my baby' womb-like thing of it, and that was pretty groovy.

They had this introductory offer where if you pay up front for two sessions, you get a third free, so I totally had to get that. Can't wait to do it again. I feel so damn good right now.

jackrock
02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
heh sounds like fun!
sparkling apple juice is the best (y)

burbboi
02-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Sounds like a bacta tank straight out of Star Wars.

Planetary
02-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Hahahaha!

was it seriously that funny

Planetary
02-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes.

fair do's

na§tee
02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
i sent off an application for a training programme at working title films yesterday and i thought "if i move to london, i'm going to be so lonely" but secondly i thought "london equals... peachy!" which sorta made it less lonely and big and depressing, even though i don't really know you that well.
76 new oxford street was the address. i think.
i thought i would tell you that cos i thought it was a very nice thing to say when i.. thought of it. i am very tired right now (!).
you get me!

na§tee
02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Seriously, what does that mean?
fair enough.
alright.
i get yr point.
etc etc.

paul jones
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
yeeeeah!

I had a big presentation this afternoon that had kinda been stressing me, so the other day I booked myself in for a session in a flotation tank afterwards to de-tensify. First of all, the presentation went very very well and although I was only meant to be 'on' for 20 minutes they were into it and kept asking questions and I was there for an hour and a half. And then secondly floating is SO FUCKING GREAT. I am like totally blissed out right now.

Then I went to meet mr.p at the oyster bar, and had a pint of prawns and sparkling apple juice. Which was also very nice (y)

pint of prawns?!? you nutter!!!!! ;)

g-mile7
02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
yeeeeah!

sounds like a good time!Congratz on doing such a good job.

ms.peachy
02-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Can I tell you how well I slept last night?

abcdefz
02-22-2006, 10:08 AM
yeeeeah!

...you didn't devolve into a primate or William Hurt or anything, didja?

yeahwho
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I float for a living. I should change my perspective on things, I never get that jazzed up about it. On the other hand, 7 months pregnant already? Wow it's pretty easy for time to fly by when your not the one pregnant. It seems like there was a baby name thread up last month. It's all cool.

instigator7022
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Did anyone read "The Door to December" by Dean Koontz? I don't remember it exactly but I think the kid had gained psychic powers by being thrown into the floating isolation tank for like a few months or whatever. It was weird and good. Thats all i remember