PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else being pressured to produce offspring?

SobaViolence
02-23-2006, 02:21 PM
my grandmother, 'Nana', wants me to get cracking because her sister has had 5 great grandkids in 3 years...

i can't afford the hydro bill, let alone a child...

abcdefz
02-23-2006, 02:21 PM
is anyone else being pressured to produce offspring?

Rick Rubin, Daniel Lanois, and Robert "Mutt" Lange are.

Qdrop
02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
i get it all the time....
and me and jenny aren't even married yet.....

shit, i haven't even given her the ring yet....

SobaViolence
02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
they haven't made anything decent since ixnay (n)

SobaViolence
02-23-2006, 02:24 PM

i can presume you are going to ask her...
bold, man
very bold.

beastiegirrl101
02-23-2006, 02:24 PM

OOHHHH so you got it??? yeeehaw!

SobaViolence
02-23-2006, 02:30 PM
well, she is sitting on my uncle and grandpas inheritence...she could babysit and pay the bills...i just need a capable woman.

Goldust
02-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Does Minidust count?

jackrock
02-23-2006, 03:26 PM
yes, very much so

bigblu89
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm not.

At least not anymore.

voltanapricot
02-23-2006, 04:17 PM
My parents have a caravan fund. They fancy a nice caravan that they could use to take the grandkids away for the odd weekend.

I am seventeen years old. Do you see how I might feel pressured?

Jmoney77
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
im with that i dont want kids right now but my fam is alays telling me whem are we going to have children, annoying

paul jones
02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
my grandmother, 'Nana', wants me to get cracking because her sister has had 5 great grandkids in 3 years...

i can't afford the hydro bill, let alone a child...

I can't afford a new coat right now,let alone a mini Kojak

yeahwho
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Practice, practice, practice. Once you have it down then you'll pop one out.

enree erzweglle
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh they'll pressure you to have one.

And then another. Then another.

And they'll nag at you to get a house. And a better car. Then a better house. Then a better car.

If they could, they'd pressure you to trade up for better kids. :p

I had one kid. I was happy with that decision and it was a decision.

But people hear that I have one and people who I don't even KNOW will judge that and ask why I never had more. It kills some of them to not know the reason why I have only one kid. Some of them ask me over and over. It's odd but fascinating too.

I used to just stare them down when they did that. Or I'd answer a question they didn't ask. But now when they say "You are/were such a great mom, why don't you have more?" I *love* to say this: "Because I can't." Finally, a truthful, non-evasive answer that shocks them into abject silence. (y)

kll
02-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I think I am pressuring myself as of recently with my mom being sick and all. I'd like her to meet her grandkids and for them to know her as well.

Ace42X
02-23-2006, 05:56 PM
In a more upbeat posting, if any of you gals need some man-fat to conceive, I am fertile, and have no congenital deformities. I have perfect vision, no-one in my family is short-sighted, and there is no pre-disposition for diseases.

So get my award winning sperm while its still hot, and you still have time, before your cooches dry up and your wombs goes barren.

Echewta
02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I got it until about 30. Then they gave up.

yeahwho
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, they'll pressure ya when you're trying to be so good,
They'll pressure ya just a-like they said they would.
They'll pressure ya when you're tryin' to go home.
Then they'll pressure ya when you're there all alone.
But I would not feel so all alone,
Everybody must get pressured into having offspring.

Well, they'll pressure ya when you're walkin' 'long the street.
They'll pressure ya when you're tryin' to keep your seat.
They'll pressure ya when you're walkin' on the floor.
They'll pressure ya when you're walkin' to the door.
Everybody must get pressure.

They'll pressure ya when you're at the breakfast table.
They'll pressure ya when you are young and able.
They'll pressure ya when you're tryin' to make a buck.
They'll pressure ya and then they'll say, "good luck."
Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone,

Well, they'll pressure you and say that it's the end.
Then they'll pressure you and then they'll come back again.
They'll pressure you when you're riding in your car.
They'll pressure you when you're playing your guitar.
Yes, but I would not feel so all alone,

Well, they'll pressure you when you walk all alone.
They'll pressure you when you are walking home.
They'll pressure you and then say you are brave.
They'll pressure you when you are set down in your grave.

roosta
02-23-2006, 06:45 PM
i'm under pressure not to produce offspring

Medellia
02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
I think I am pressuring myself as of recently with my mom being sick and all. I'd like her to meet her grandkids and for them to know her as well.
Me too. :(

ms.peachy
02-24-2006, 04:09 AM
My parents did up until about 3 or 4 years ago. Then they suddenly went a bit quiet on the issue. When I told the family I was pregnant a few months back, my sister told me that actually that me and mr.p's childlessness had been the topic of conversation in the family for some time, but no one was saying anything to me, because they'd all managed to convince themselves that we were having infertility problems, and no one wanted to say anything upsetting.

GreenEarthAl
02-24-2006, 04:35 AM
There is no one to pressure me. So I have to pressure myself. But sometimes I'm too busy to find the time. I should prolly go give myself the ol talk right now.

marsdaddy
02-24-2006, 06:23 PM
i'm under pressure not to produce offspringUnder pressure or legally forbidden from?

My mom was afraid of being a grandmother since she was such a young mom. She barely brought up the topic until we told her we were pregnant. Then, she came up with all these names that are not "grandma" that she wanted to be called. She loves being a grandma now and did remind us often of how much she wanted a 2nd grandchild. We ignored her.

Many parents don't get to enjoy being parents the first time, so grandkids are their chance to enjoy it -- without cleaning up the mess.

DapperDiverge
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
why do parents always tease with that shit?? most likely to see you suffer through the misery of parenthood like they had too... a freshman hazing for baring kids... I personally think the woman gets the worse of the hazing...

as for me... NO FUCKING WAY!!
besides, I think I'm supposed to be infertile...ovary issues... but shit happens!! isn't that how most of us get here??

my gene pool is one that doesn't need to continue... I'm doing the world a favor!! :D

oh by the way world..........YOU'RE WELCOME!! :p

b-grrrlie
02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I didn't know this until a couple of years ago, but my mum had said to my sister she's really sorry she didn't get any grandchildren (after I'd had my breeding apparatus removed) and I was like :eek: what the heck are J. and I. (my other sister's kids) then?!? I remember her (mum) hugging me the first time when I was 19 and I thought hey! this is a bit too late now! and still telling me not to come home with a bundle... like.... I'm getting mixed messages here....
Well she never wanted any of us anyway....

jabumbo
02-24-2006, 10:42 PM

my grandmother on my mums side died about a year before i was born, so i never got to meet her.

but, she did have 3 grandkids allready, so its not the same exact thing i guess

Jmoney77
02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
NO

cosmo105
02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
no, but his parents do drop not-so-subtle hints that they want to see a ring.

hpdrifter
02-25-2006, 08:53 PM
My mom puts pressure big time. She called me on Friday and said, "Oh I'm just at Babies R Us. I wish you would have a baby." I'm not engaged and have been dating my current boyfriend for about 7 months.

Its really aggravating, and I think she thinks she's being funny or something.

I mean, I do want kids, soon. If I were in the right place I'd have one now. But its not going to happen for me in the near future. My boyfriend has a 9 month old baby. He's not going to want any more for a long time.