PDA

View Full Version : Car Enthusiasts...

jackrock
02-24-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.automotoportal.com/article/Porsche_2007_911_GT3

paulb
02-24-2006, 05:40 PM
something tells me no one on this board are gonna be buying that. but it looks nice. Id settle for a Dodge Magnum

jackrock
02-24-2006, 06:04 PM
yeah, that's why i put it up, it's interesting.

ASsman
02-24-2006, 06:05 PM
400HP Flat six NA engine? WHAT FHTUFCKA!

*jizzed*

Can you say 600HP turbo flat six?

*double jizzed*

Tzar
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM
400HP Flat six NA engine? WHAT FHTUFCKA!

*jizzed*

Can you say 600HP turbo flat six?

*double jizzed*
FUCK OATH!! :eek:

that's just.... i knew there was a reason why i loved porckas so much.

ASsman
02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
It's a lot more impressive if you know how difficult it can be to get those sort of numbers from such a small engine. Naturally aspirated at that.

Can not imagine what they could get with a twin turbo setup. You'd be able to inpregnate women by merely having them ride along. It's that badass.

P of R
02-25-2006, 05:53 AM
As much respect as I have for Porsche, I wouldn't buy one if I had the cash. There is perhaps no sportscar that's more boring than a Porsche. German cars just don't so it for me.

I bet it's great to drive though. (y)

mp-seventythree
02-25-2006, 03:18 PM
You wouldn't say that if you had ever driven one....seriously.
I have a serious obsession with German cars, only fuelled by the fact that a friend of mine is a former Carrera Cup winner (http://www.richardwestbrook.co.uk/home.htm)

ASsman
02-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeh, race-bred German over-engineered, fast cars are boring... :confused:

P of R
02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
You wouldn't say that if you had ever driven one....seriously.
I have a serious obsession with German cars, only fuelled by the fact that a friend of mine is a former Carrera Cup winner (http://www.richardwestbrook.co.uk/home.htm)

My point was that there are cars in the same performance/price range I'd much rather have.

Tzar
02-26-2006, 09:01 AM
the love of the car is what matthias is talking about.

this is gonna sound wack, but if i was given the opportunity to choose either:
1) get a peugeot and have limited money to do it up

or

2) get a.....911 turb'd and have unlimited money to do it up

i'd still choose number 1, not because i dislike the 911, but because i just love peugeots that much more.

P of R
02-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Listen to Tzar folks. That's what it's all about.

ASsman
02-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Buh, apples and oranges.

franscar
02-26-2006, 11:44 AM
It's a lot more impressive if you know how difficult it can be to get those sort of numbers from such a small engine. Naturally aspirated at that.

All the German companies are at it, they're trying to squeeze as much power out of as little engine as possible against one another. The competition is incredible.

mp-seventythree
02-26-2006, 12:15 PM
VW have now got 160 BHP from a 1.4 litre engine, that's just incredible really.

And Tzar, I know where you're coming from.....I've had several Peugeots including 7 205 GTIs, but I wanted to work on the cars myself and the Pugs were just too difficult, so I switched to VW. You can pretty much fix a Mk 2 Golf Gti engine with a hammer :D

ASsman
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Buh you should see the numbers off that 1.3 rotary Ford put in the Mazda Rx8. Not a fan of mazda (ford) but those are some impressive numbers, somewhere around 210 or something. (ball park figure)

Also benz and AMG, but they are going for low end torque with their V8s , V8 supercar, sexy. I've just discovered the VR6 line of cars, impressive little engine.

franscar
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Buh you should see the numbers off that 1.3 rotary Ford put in the Mazda Rx8. Not a fan of mazda (ford) but those are some impressive numbers, somewhere around 210 or something. (ball park figure)

231bhp on the six-speed, 192 on the five. Nice car too, better than the majority of Japanese designs.

P of R
02-26-2006, 04:23 PM
It still can't beat the RX-7 though. 240-280 hp depending on model.

Tzar
02-26-2006, 05:09 PM
And Tzar, I know where you're coming from.....I've had several Peugeots including 7 205 GTIs, but I wanted to work on the cars myself and the Pugs were just too difficult, so I switched to VW. You can pretty much fix a Mk 2 Golf Gti engine with a hammer :D
yeah they ain't exactly the greatest cars to modify, but i still love 'em.

205 gti's get me all horned up. (y)

mp-seventythree
02-27-2006, 06:49 AM
My mate and his brother are at Brand's Hatch thrashing their stripped out 205 Gti today. There's a track day on there, but I couldn't go as I'm not supposed to be driving because I had a knee operation just over a week ago (but I drove yesterday and it kicked ass) (y)

na§tee
02-27-2006, 07:14 AM
i know close to nothing about cars. i love top gear though, and it's one of my favourite programmes, even though they inform very little about the cars except whether it can cope with being destroyed with a monster truck or thrown off a ski slope or something.

my boyfriend's dad collects alvis cars, that's about all i know about a certain type. and they are.. erm, very old. and stuff. oh and that alvis also make tanks - which my dad helped design [the warrior]. it was meant to be, heh.

TonsOfFun
02-27-2006, 07:52 AM
listen to mp73 you idiots! :p

yeah, germans make the best cars. But I'd have a VR6 over a porsche any day of the week.

Any car I see or hear about I wouldn't want to change for a VW. Apart from maybe a skyline but then they'd be some serious thinking involved.

However, the fact still remains that Germans make the best cars!

And erm, probably americans make the worse but I've never been brave enough to buy one so I wouldn't know. I know they make the ugliest.

ASsman
02-27-2006, 10:00 AM
It still can't beat the RX-7 though. 240-280 hp depending on model.
Was it the same size though? I don't recall. And yes I agree, but remember back then I believe there was more Japanese R&D than dumb American car manufacturing practices. Also the emissions laws were much more lax.

yeah, germans make the best cars. But I'd have a VR6 over a porsche any day of the week.
Fits off the VW owns Porsche. To each his own really, I find it incredible that this is the highest output (per cylinder) engine in mass production.

But yes the VR6 is a pretty kick ass engine. The new Golfs are looking damn sexy as well, can't wait to meet my fast.

American cars, buh don't get me started. On the up side Benz is making great Chrystler cars that just seem to be getting better.

mp-seventythree
02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Fits off the VW owns Porsche.

No they don't. They own Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley and Lamborghini, but Porsche are still an independant family owned company. They have done a lot of pre-production work and even shared engines with VW (the 924 and VW LT35 van share an engine, believe it or not). The platform for the Porsche Cayenne and VW Toureg are the same, and the project was jointly managed by the two companies. But the Porsche only uses Porsche engines and the VW (and the new Audi variant) only use VW engines......at the moment at least.

ASsman
02-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Ah, my bad. I thought they owned majority shares.

mp-seventythree
02-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I just dug up an interesting piece of information whilst searching something about Porsche:

"Volkswagen builds 55 times as many cars as Porsche and makes only three times the profit. Porsche builds 88,000 cars a year compared to VW's five million. And it has sales of $7.7bn compared to VW's, um, $120bn
The profit figures were more interesting, however, with Porsche making $293m and VW only $923m"

"The Porsche company has just announced plans to buy 20% of the giant automobile firm Volkswagen. In fact the current chairman of Volkswagen is a member of the Porsche family. Ferdinand Piech is the grandson of Ferdinand Porsche, the man who originally went to Adolf Hitler with the idea of building cars for the people."

And here ends today lesson children...

ASsman
02-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Heh, excellent. While over here GM is going belly up, awesome.

Let me jump on this thread real quick, I lost my bookmark to this great site. Motorsomething.com Wallpaper something other .com , it was a site totally dedicated to wallpapers and short descriptions of sexy cars and protypes. Had a modern feel to it. Found some amazing pictures on there, anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

mp-seventythree
02-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah I've seen that site, I'll have a look and see if I can find a link for you.

P of R
02-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Was it the same size though? I don't recall. And yes I agree, but remember back then I believe there was more Japanese R&D than dumb American car manufacturing practices. Also the emissions laws were much more lax.

Yep. Same size.

Although.....it might have been turbocharged.

Still looks a lot better though. IMO.