PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad that I rode my bicycle earlier tonight !

CrankItUp!
02-26-2006, 01:02 AM
..because now its pouring down raining like the bottom is about to fall out and wont stop !!!

The point of me posting this is because of how easy it is to procrastinate so often and let opportunity pass you by when there can be so much satisfaction afterwards of having just done it - without thinking about it!

So dont just daydream about stuff you wanna do or even waste the time to think about it - just go do it !!!

Tomorrow is something that we all take for granted ALOT while being physically capable to do whatever now but just complain about being bored and unmotivated compared to getting sick and not able to later.

So..I'm gonna shut this damn computer box off, get naked with my girlfriend and go run around together outside in the pouring rain (in the backyard of course!) regardless of how wet or the sniffles or the skidmarks on our asses we might get later - so fuck it ! (y)

Justin
02-26-2006, 01:12 AM
I cant think of one week in my life where i didnt procrastinate a little

on a sidenote: My Marshmellow Mania Pebbles Cereal taste really good

jennyb
02-26-2006, 01:24 AM
That is such an amazing post CrankItUp! We all need reminders to live every day as though it were our last.

Rancid_Beasties
02-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I dont envy your neighbours :p

adam_f
02-26-2006, 06:24 AM
And to think I was probably going to shoot heroin into my tear ducts.

guerillaGardner
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I am so glad I went out on my bike too today.

We went up the Glennifer Braes. It was a beautiful stunning day and we went up to the "Car Park in the Sky" - a beauty spot with stunning views across to Ben Lomond and the Campsies where the Scottish Lowlands end and the Highlands begin.

We got to discussing natural highs and I would have to say that the best experiences cycling kick the arse of the best experiences with mushrooms.

Planetary
02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
(y)

jackrock
02-26-2006, 03:35 PM
I wish could ride my bike right now, and i wish it could rain, but snow is still cool, neat story (y)

GreenEarthAl
02-26-2006, 06:58 PM
I ride my bike every day.

Rain, nor snow, nor dark of night, nor black ice, nor all those fuckin motorists that like to spash that sloppy slush shit on ya...

Sarky Devotchka
02-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I want to ride my bike so bad! but it's too cold for me, I have sensitive eyes that water in the slightest cool breeze and a nose that freezes and runs. maybe if I had some goggles? a face mask? also, my bike is from the 70's and the tires like to pop when I ride too fast and hard over cracks and pot holes, which are plentiful now.

GreenEarthAl
02-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Go to McDonalds and take a plastic straw (THEY'RE FREE!!!) and cut it into 3 equal pieces. Wrap a crocheted scarf around your head a couple times, poke the straw pieces through the scarf and into your mouth such that they serve as breathing tubes. Your nose will stay warm.

A pair of oven mits from those mini Wal-Marts (dollar this and dollar that and the like) placed over a couple pair of gloves can keep your hands really warm and wind-shielded on a long bike ride through the single digit temps too.

Also, go to Ameritire http://www.ameritire.com and look for some bike tires (click on products and then click on bikes and scooters) that fit your bike. You'll never have a flat again.

No advice about the eyes, I haven't had to deal with that one yet.