PDA

View Full Version : ANNOYING!!!!

B4BY 4NN
02-26-2006, 10:08 AM
There's a realtor/appraiser coming to our house today, which is a wreck. I mean, it doesn't smell bad (our old dog used to pee a lot, but died :(). It's just been lived in.

What do they usually check out? I know she'll measure walls, look for holes. Will she say "OMG, YOU ARE A PIG"?

kaiser soze
02-26-2006, 10:38 AM
yes

and after she will eat your cat

Anne Lauren
02-27-2006, 12:03 AM
There's a realtor/appraiser coming to our house today, which is a wreck. I mean, it doesn't smell bad (our old dog used to pee a lot, but died :(). It's just been lived in.

What do they usually check out? I know she'll measure walls, look for holes. Will she say "OMG, YOU ARE A PIG"?

They appraise the dollar value of your home by basically looking at several things. One is it's square footage (basically how big it is...but, "unfinished" spaces, such as the garage or attic, don't count). The year it was built and/or condition it's in (like if there's holes in the walls, carpets have been pissed on all over, if there's central heating air, if the foundation's still sturdy and hasn't been damaged overtime, etc...stuff like that). They also look at the values of all the other houses within a 2 to 3 mile radias of your home (like you may live in a 20 million dollar mansion, but if it's in the middle of the ghetto...then it ain't worth 20 million dollars. The value lowers.) They also take into consideration whether it's located in a rural or urban setting. Also, the value of the land property or size of the lot it sits on. Also, the area itself in which it's located (like a home might be worth 3 million in Beverly Hills and only $500, 000 in Chattanooga, TN...where I'm from). And, also, the market value of your home and land value...increase overtime. That's just a general rule of thumb...unless it's basically just a shit hole.

How it's decorated or rather it's messy or not...doesn't or shouldn't make a difference. However, those factors can sway the overall appearence value of a home...and might, subconsciously, affect the appraiser's ultimate decision. So, it doesn't hurt to clean up and update your style.

And an appraiser and a realtor are two different jobs. A realtor markets the home and trys to sell it for you...and an appraiser gives the recommended value of the home. Appraisers generally work a lot with mortgage brokers because mortage lenders require an appraisal be done (along with a shit ton of other things...such as, most importantly, your personal credit score, etc.) on the home as part of the requirements needed to determine if a person qualifies for a mortage or not.

My ex-husband is a Regional Account Executive for a lending firm...so, basically, I've gotten to learn EVERYTHING about all that boring shit.

Justin
02-27-2006, 03:31 AM
then she'll eat your other cat

Anne Lauren
02-27-2006, 04:54 AM
then she'll eat your other cat

The one who pissed a lot?

Nevermind, I just re-read the thread...it was the dog. (y)