PDA

View Full Version : holy crap, my washing machine!

ms.peachy
02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
My waching machine broke down like two months ago - it stopped spinning basically. Took ages to get it repaired, as it needed some kind of new whoopdedoodle or whatever which had to be ordered from East Jabib and shipped to the UK by mountain goat or something. It was finally fixed on Monday, but I haven't gotten around to doing a load of laundry until this evening.

I don't know what the fuck the repair guy did to it, or what sort of horsepower the new whoopdedoodle has, but this thing is now spinning so fucking hard and so fucking loud, it sounds like I've got a goddamn jet engine in the closet.

Oooooh, I just realised, I should go sit on it :o

Oh maybe not, it's probably one of those rides that's not suitable for pregnant women. Damn. :(

jackrock
02-26-2006, 04:16 PM
at least it didn't flood your basement :mad:

na§tee
02-26-2006, 04:17 PM
in my old flat we weren't allowed to do washing between certain hours cos the damn thing shook so hard. bleh.

this has nothing to do with the power of your washing machine crazyness but i have a question: do you use fabric conditioner?

i heart conditioner but i find almost every other person of my age has something very personal against it. it reminds me of my mum and having lovely sweet smelling clothes, so i guess that's why i continue to use it. ahh, laundry, ya gotta love it!

ms.peachy
02-26-2006, 04:20 PM
this has nothing to do with the power of your washing machine crazyness but i have a question: do you use fabric conditioner?

With this hard London water? heck yeah I use conditioner; if I didn't my towels would end up with the texture of cardboard.

Not for all things though; stuff made with elasticated materials don't do well over time as the conditioner breaks down the elasticity.

ToucanSpam
02-26-2006, 04:22 PM
When my washer bangs against the wall I sewar to god it sounds like a nuclear meltdown/armageddon scenario is happening. It scares the bejeebus out of me.

enree erzweglle
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
My sister had a washing machine installed and they forgot to do some key thing to it and when she'd run it, it would walk itself across the floor.

Then I bought a new washer last summer and it spins so hard that it eats holes in my clothes. It tore the backing from my bath rugs. It's got four spin settings...I point to the fourth one when I'm doing the wash for unwanted houseguests. (lb)

na§tee
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
ah, good, nice to see!
people say they don't use conditioner here cos it takes the, erm, able-to-dry-ness out of your towels but meh, i don't think so.
glasgow has pretty crap water too so it's also a necessity.
my mum would use it back home on the isle of lewis too and the water there is absolutely beautiful, tho, so it's all good in the hoooood.

hitmonlee
02-27-2006, 12:37 AM
front loading washing machines or stfu!!!

TonsOfFun
02-27-2006, 04:04 AM
Yeah, my sister lives above a shop and they can't have their washing machine on cus it makes a roaring noise in the shop. Kinda funny really. But yeah, it's an understanding I beleive. Our washing machine rattles the glasses in the kitchen next it to increase the noise. Yup, those machines and noisey fudgers...