PDA

View Full Version : i'm looking for an alarm clock program

Bob
02-27-2006, 07:57 PM
basically, instead of waking up to my cell phone ringing (i'm learning to sleep through it, no joke), i'd like to wake up to music. is there any program out there that lets you pick a song that will play at a predetermined time? this must be pretty simple to do, i'd be surprised if there wasn't one.

note: it must be free

Bob
02-27-2006, 07:58 PM
oh hang on, i just googled for "alarm clock program" and i found a bunch of stuff. who would have thought?

TurdBerglar
02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
i know there's plugins for winamp that do that

Bob
02-27-2006, 08:13 PM
i settled on this one;

http://www.geocities.com/vinodtandon/cac/

Jmoney77
02-27-2006, 09:24 PM
i know there's plugins for winamp that do that

I think ive seen them

Monsieur Decuts
02-27-2006, 10:20 PM
i've gone through this very same problem and the program I downloaded didn't friggin work. charm

tracky
02-28-2006, 01:21 AM
There's always the volume graph thingy i made for winamp. It's a poor-mans' plugin, in that it's not really a plug in but part of the skin

download volume graph skin (http://www.boodizm.net/downloads/Volume%20Graph.wal)

I dunno, I use it mainly for watching videos which is why it's got the autonormalise shit on the side now. It samples the volume level every x milliseconds, and over x samples it find the highest, and from that it figures out a target volume to normalise to, and slides the volume towards the target x% every x milliseconds. If you play around with that you might be able to figure it out. Subsitute appropriate numbers for the x's, you'll see what I mean when you get it. It doesn't work so great with music, because the volume of a song tends to change a bit more than a straight out video where the loudest thing is usually a voice, and they're all pretty much the same level the whole time, so once it's found it's level it stays there. With music it varies up and down a bit more. You might be able to stop the autonormalise all together if you mess around with it.

Bob
02-28-2006, 09:58 PM
now i just need to pick a good song to wake up to. i used beethoven's 5th this morning (you know, ba NA NA NA!, v for victory and stuff)...that woke my ass up, but it also kind of scared me. i need something a little more...gradual.