PDA

View Full Version : BBMB DANCE PARTY

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Alright folks. It's been way too long since I went to a good dance party. I have one condition - the music has to be danceable, and music that most everybody knows. None of this, trying to expose some little underground band to the rest of us, NO! This means DANCE music like Prince, Michael Jackson, etc. etc.

Now I'll be the DJ so you can all put your requests in now. Wear something a little fun and funky, c'mon and get into it!

There will be alchohol of course so you kids under 21 should probably stay away - my parties are so great the cops usually show up.

Please refrain from bringing hard drugs or I'll kick you out. And don't have sex in my closet then break the old stereo in there, ass hat!

If things go really well and drunkenly enough we can play some spin the bottle later in the night or people can sneak off into dark corners and do their thing.

But first and foremost, this is for DANCING!

I gotta pick out an outfit.

Toucan, you don't seem like someone who can hold your liquor so please take it slow. I don't want any barf in my sink.

Echewta I will pay you to make some chocolate to bring along so everyone can have a taste, plz.

You people with babies find a god damn sitter.

Smokers are mighty welcome on the huge porch as long as you're not too loud.

cosmo105
03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
please please please LOTS of prince.

and bel biv devoe.

now you know.

Bob
03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
hmmm...what song is good for standing awkwardly in the corner?

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
bob, no way, you'll have a blast. This is one of my parties after all.

Sarky is gonna be the dancing queen for sure, and she can get all excited about weiners or something.

cosmo105
03-01-2006, 12:47 AM
i can't hold my liquor at all. i think it's the 1/293583th cherokee in me. you know native americans lack the enzyme necessary to process alcohol?!

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 12:51 AM
I shouldn't be saying that, the last few times I've gotten drunk I WAY overdid it. Mixed too much stuff.

Cheer beer for me and cosmo (y)

And echewta

SobaViolence
03-01-2006, 12:53 AM
any old school ska or raggae?

cosmo105
03-01-2006, 12:54 AM
ooooh reggae. sounds good to me.

can i have the turntables and spin some bossa nova? now that's panty peeler.

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah we could do ska and reggae as long as it's good to dance to.

Freebasser
03-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I'll run the "drunken shag betting shop" in the kitchen, as I always do.

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Who do you thinks got the best chance Freebie? Besides the obvious couples like RobMoney and a pig anus..

Anne Lauren
03-01-2006, 01:21 AM
hmmm...what song is good for standing awkwardly in the corner?

Come on, let's go...I'll dance with you.

zorra_chiflada
03-01-2006, 01:24 AM
ooh, party!

i'll sneak cigs out on the porch when zount's not watching.
and then make bad drunken jokes and share anecdotes

Freebasser
03-01-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm seeing good things for Paul Jones/Miss Soul Fire and Bob/Sak is shaping up to be a nice little earner.

I'm also taking bets on a little man-on-man action at 20-1 (y)

zorra_chiflada
03-01-2006, 01:28 AM
i don't dance. i sit down and watch people dance

cosmo105
03-01-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm also taking bets on a little man-on-man action
what's this about KOR?

Freebasser
03-01-2006, 01:30 AM
I never said anything about KOR and Qdrop.

Shut up.

tracky
03-01-2006, 01:31 AM
i was gonna start a thread similar to this just the other day

Basically my idea was I was gonna invite 3 people to a hypothetical party, and those people could invite 3 people and so on. If you're invited you can bring 3 others, but only other people that hadn't already been invited. I dunno why, it seemed like a good idea at the time. And since I started the thread/party there would be no chance of me not being invited ;)

My 3 people were gonna be Dandy, Bob and Soba. But then I thought, hmm, no I should invite more of a cross-section, maybe one from each region. So it became Dandy or Bob, Peachy or Freebee, Mickill or Heiress. And just hope they'd invite some aussies along eventually. But then I thought, no, someones gonna come along and go OMG POPULARITY THREADS SUCK! So I never did it.

ANYWAY

my music choice would be really cheesy. Probably billy jean or something like that. Only cause you mentioned wacko. I can't think of any music right now :confused:

Freebasser
03-01-2006, 01:32 AM
But you would've picked me, right?

Right?

Right.

tracky
03-01-2006, 01:34 AM
I would have honoured the coin

b-grrrlie
03-01-2006, 02:29 AM
This should've been on Sure Shots!
When I used to DJ at school pub I started off with Robbie Williams' Let me entertain you and it got the party going! Manu Chao's album had just come out once and I had to play the whole thing a couple of times, covered loads of different tastes. Also Tori Amos Professional Widow was frequently asked. Adn good old fifties rock'n'roll.

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 04:56 AM
my music choice would be really cheesy. Probably billy jean or something like that. Only cause you mentioned wacko. I can't think of any music right now :confused:

Billie Jean is PERFECT.

We should all play seven minutes in heaven - I never got to play that.

Rancid_Beasties
03-01-2006, 06:15 AM
As long as you play an 80s dance song, for instance safety dance, I'm there...because your friends dont dance and if they dont dance they aint no friends of mine :mad:. You heard me zorra, you better goddamn dance!

I like tracky's idea, because the idea of not inviting someone who has already been invited means its almost impossible for it to become a popularity thread.

Also I can supply the booze because I work in liquor wholesaling (y)

tracky
03-01-2006, 06:27 AM
I'm sure I should know seven minutes in heaven but for the life of me can't remember it. I do know seven by prince. i loved that song :o

ps. that's the joint. i've actually put that in as a request for the 80's night i'm going to on friday.

Praying Mantis
03-01-2006, 07:54 AM
A little Heavy D & the Boys / Montel Jordan

Ally Al
03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
i have the ideal comp for you, you can bang this on and then just get wasted with everyone else (i'll PM you a link as well so you can dl and get the party started right!)

1 life of the party - the jackson 5
2 life can be so nice - prince and the revolution
3 dance to the medley - sly and the family stone
4 making time - the creation
5 i call my baby pussycat - parliment
6 immigrant song - led zeppelin
7 yellow sunshine - yellow sunshine
8 1976 - rjd2
9 when she smile she lights the sky (rmx) - plantlife
10 i believe in miracles - the jackson sisters
11 dream come true - the brand new heavies
12 the next step II - People under the stairs
13 say no go (new keys vocal) - de la soul
14 funky president (people it's bad) - james brown
15 start the commotion - the wiseguys
16 reload it - kano
17 hit em wit da hee (ganja cru rmx) - missy elliot

the link will be in your box soon, so to speak, enjoy !!

jabumbo
03-01-2006, 09:14 AM
you drunk yet dandy?

and i'm not dancing unless you play the safety dance

Bob
03-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Billie Jean is PERFECT.

We should all play seven minutes in heaven - I never got to play that.

for me you might have to make it 15 seconds in heaven

Qdrop
03-01-2006, 09:19 AM
dude, you gotta let me DJ this party.

this was my side job for years. house parties, club recidencies, mix tapes, promoter.

you NEED me.

let me do this.

jabumbo
03-01-2006, 09:23 AM
dude, you gotta let me DJ this party.

this was my side job for years. house parties, club recidencies, mix tapes, promoter.

you NEED me.

let me do this.

you can take over when dandy gets super drunk and we start to make out on the couch

instigator7022
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Although I'm underaged I'm still crashing this dance party and I'll bring some sick reggaeton music and then "Tha Down Low" CD for when everyone goes to make out with eachother

bigblu89
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
As long as Rob Base's "It takes 2" is eventually played, I'll be there.

Knuckles
03-01-2006, 12:22 PM
As long as Rob Base's "It takes 2" is eventually played, I'll be there.
WORD TO THAT

*does the running man*

Praying Mantis
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Can I add Eric B and Rakim's "I know you got Soul" ??

burbboi
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Sounds like fun!

I'd appreciate 'Feels like the first Time' by Foreigner. Or perhaps a little 'Sister Christian' by the be-all-and-end-all of rock groups...Night Ranger.

I'll bring the Ringalos :D

GreenEarthAl
03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I am fond of "I Belive in the Power of Love" by Deee-Lite. Thanks.

At the party I was at on friday night they played Mrs. Fat Booty by Mos Def and everybody had a happygasm about it. I wasn't aware that he was all that popular.

cosmo105
03-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Your name should be changed to dildoflop because you own 5 strap on's oooh you mommy dident know this is you :p
seriously, who IS this tard?

i think it's time for pin the tail on the echewta.

g-mile7
03-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Your name should be changed to dildoflop because you own 5 strap on's oooh you mommy dident know this is you :p

this made me giggle a little

Intergalatic just to see Knuckles do the robot'

zippo
03-01-2006, 02:36 PM
*sneaks in the cool under21 crew below my coat*

ill bring in some Gancia vermouth for the novelty drink and if its a big enogh house we can do a massive version of hide and go seek when weve reached the point of no return

DandyFop
03-01-2006, 03:29 PM

Uhhh...alright then....

Ally thanks for the bitching mix!!

Yeah who am I kidding, Q can be DJ FOR A LITTLE WHILE - but you gotta let some other people switch up once in a while. I will obviously be drunk in like 10 minutes, who's doing jell shots with me!!!

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I'll have y'all know I can outdrink ANYONE on this board, shot for shot. :mad: :mad:

Except maybe someone bigger than me.

g-mile7
03-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I'll have y'all know I can outdrink ANYONE on this board, shot for shot. :mad: :mad:

Except maybe someone bigger than me.

I think everyone can agree on this being false (y) :D

SobaViolence
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
im bartending, bitches.

dr peppers for all the ladies, jack straight up for the men. and fuzzy navels for the boys.

GreenEarthAl
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
At the mardi gras thing last night... there's this really attractive woman that lives at the housing co-op. We don't know each other all that well, but we just spontaneously started giving each other back rubs. Well, I started it I suppose.

So sometime later I was a bit thirsty from a bit of dancing and the heat up on the balcony. And the wandering server is asking me if I'd like a drink which I always decline. Because, generally, even orange juice tastes really off when you order it in a bar. But I got really specific and asked for an orange juice with no ice in a WELL RINCED glass. So they brought me back orange juice in a plastic cup, which works I suppose. It was good. Refreshing. Actually tasted like orange juice.

And so around about this time the young lady from the back rubs had wandered over. The live music was super loud so it was hard to hear. I held up my orange juice and tried to shout an offer. She held up her hand to signal no thank you, but she had just managed to hear me. "Wait. It's just Orange Juice?" she shouted into my ear. "YEAH." I repleid." "Sure. I'll have some," she replied.

She has a very nice smile that she offers in real abundance.

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I think everyone can agree on this being false (y) :D
You have seen no proof either way so stfu!! :mad:

g-mile7
03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
You have seen no proof either way so stfu!! :mad:

If it's a glass of STFU you'd beat me no doubt' :p

Ally Al
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Uhhh...alright then....

Ally thanks for the bitching mix!!

Yeah who am I kidding, Q can be DJ FOR A LITTLE WHILE - but you gotta let some other people switch up once in a while. I will obviously be drunk in like 10 minutes, who's doing jell shots with me!!!

you're very welcome

and i'm in

you dj's better have sexx laws in your set or my cd is staying on, you touch it i kill you

Rancid_Beasties
03-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, this party is officially not being held in America, because 21 is a rediculous age to only start drinking (legally). Lets move it to Australia where its 18, or some place in Europe (I think its 16 in Amsterdam).

Anyway, all the australians and brits will drink all the canadians and yanks under the table...its a known fact. So lets just stop all this bagging of Toucan and agree that you all suck equally :) (y)

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Oh man. Oh man, I would so love to party with some of you, I'm pretty sure we'd get loaded and go nuts! (y)

Lindsey_1535
03-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Fuckin right that dance party is at my house fools, just dont pee in the pool!

CrankItUp!
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Is 2 Live Crew allowed in cause Luke is a friend of mine. (y)

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Fuckin right that dance party is at my house fools, just dont pee in the pool!

I'll just pee in Midnight's water dish.

Rancid_Beasties
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
How old is the legal drinking age in Canada?

Lindsey_1535
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
18 foolio

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
It actually depends on the province.

Lindsey_1535
03-01-2006, 07:22 PM
pleaseeeee it only matters where my house is ok 18 done and after well go to bp and if we all go on thursday its sleemans night so we are set. Allso we can go to Perkins after bp for more food.

ToucanSpam
03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
We can sing Peg City

Lindsey_1535
03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
F yes, its on my itunes. FFF yes.

Rancid_Beasties
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
pleaseeeee it only matters where my house is ok 18 done and after well go to bp and if we all go on thursday its sleemans night so we are set. Allso we can go to Perkins after bp for more food.
bp? As in the petrol station?

Tonight is thursday night, and thursday is the best night for going out in melbourne, so you're all welcome to come along if you are willing to cough up the dough for airfares/teleporter.

DapperDiverge
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
i can't decide what i wanna wear!!
could i come in my flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers?? :confused:

anybody need anything before i get there?? thought about getting some krispy kremes and some triple sec... (y)

will people be flashing at this party??

and please people, if you're going to explore the internet super highway, please get a designated typer... please don't hurt others with your incoherent words, because not being able to understand hurts minds!! (lb)

tracky
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
hey i was 9 beers in when i came here last night, and it still seems readable. A little embarrasing, but readable.

Tzar
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
i'll come to this dance party with a cd of metal shit. and we're all gonna make a mosh pit so we can hit people we hate here and not have to give a reason for it.