PDA

View Full Version : SLEEPWALKING

zippo
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Fascinating is it?

Especially when its you whos doing it. I usually talk in my sleep, ive been told a million times, but thats not as interesting as sleepwalking. So, between last year and this one Ive had quite alot of sleepwalking incidents...Ive woken up reaching for something high up on a shelf,quite alot of times while looking for something under my bed, trying to open the bedroom door, etc. Since its been happening so much for a while, Im considering asking a doctor a few questions about what causes it, if anything in particular.

SLEEPWALKERS KEM HIER

lets sit down, in brown velvet chairs, with whisky glasses, crossed legs, candle light, british accents, crumpets, and chat about this fascinating, fascinating and mysterious subject.

CJM
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM
a "cousin" of mine used to sleepwalk like crazy. he would leave the house and wander around outside. i think his parents put a lock on his door so that he wouldn't get out.

back in the day, i sleep-pissed a couple times. mostly in the toilet, but a once or twice on the wall. no joke.

voltanapricot
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
candle light, british accents
Hah! I love you for that.

At my old flat my sister had this huuuuge room, big enough to fit in her own bed, a double bed and a massive play space in between and I always sort of envied that from my box room. So on a fair few ocassions I would sleep walk into the unused double bed. I'm sure that this comes from a sub-conscious as well as conscious desire to have that bloody room especially as it hasn't happened since we've had this house and I've had the bigger room. :cool:

Maybe zippo has object-on-high-shelf envy.

zippo
03-01-2006, 02:12 PM
My sister used to do it, like come up to me and ask me where bob or whoever was, and start talking all this weird shit. It was great fun as I used to play along.

my brother also used to do it when he was a kid, had to lock doors, the whole deal.

great fun, yes, id be scared shitless if i were the opposite person though.

zippo
03-01-2006, 02:19 PM
back in the day, i sleep-pissed a couple times. mostly in the toilet, but a once or twice on the wall. no joke.

thats crazy hilarious.

and the feeling of it all, its so confusing when you wake up, and you only realize youve been sleepwalking when you use logic and start analyzing why it is that you were, say, kneeling and looking under a bed. when i start to remember that i was looking under there becuz there was a white light coming out from under it, i realize that i wasnt totally awake, becuz you doubt it sometimes under all the confusion, was i awake or sleeping? and then remembering the illogical situation confirms you werent awake.

zippo
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Hah! I love you for that.

At my old flat my sister had this huuuuge room, big enough to fit in her own bed, a double bed and a massive play space in between and I always sort of envied that from my box room. So on a fair few ocassions I would sleep walk into the unused double bed. I'm sure that this comes from a sub-conscious as well as conscious desire to have that bloody room especially as it hasn't happened since we've had this house and I've had the bigger room. :cool:

Maybe zippo has object-on-high-shelf envy.

subconscious, subconscious, maybe that plays a huge role in sleepwalking. i think i heard before that it comes up during a difficult time in your life, that would probably lead to having a number of subconscious thuoghts in your head.

CJM
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
this past year i've been doing a lot of sleep-turning off the alarm. havn't gotten into too much trouble yet, thankfully (knock on wood).

wanton wench
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
this past year i've been doing a lot of sleep-turning off the alarm. havn't gotten into too much trouble yet, thankfully (knock on wood).
i'm glad i'm not the only one who does this :)

beastiegirrl101
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
when I was a server I used to sleepwalk a lot....this was still when I lived at home, I would wake up and I'd be at the fireplace "my computer" punching the orders in...weird.

b i o n i c
03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
my dad used to do it when he was a kid. my grand dad "cured" him by putting trays of ice/water next to the bed so that when he sat up and put his feet on the ground, he'd be shocked back into bed.

someone told me that i sleep-peed once. i acually got up and went to the bathroom and went back to bed without remembering a thing

... hah so did cjm

monkey
03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
i talk in my sleep. i yell at people, or sometimes grope peole (namely my boyfriend), or occasionally, i will get up slightly, move my head, hit it against something (like my bookshelf or the wall), and then wake up.

but sleepwalking? das jus crazzzy.

CJM
03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
if you guys think it was bad that i sleep-pissed, imagine what my babysitter thought when she had to clean it up off the wall.

Rawr
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
i did once,
i got up from my bed talking to myself and thinking i had to change one of my friends name. and i was getting really thoughtful and kept saying "what can her name be?? i have to change it!" and i went and brushed my teeth and then sat down on the bed and realised i was dreaming that whole time.

oh yeah. sleep walking is (as far as i know, this is one reason) caused by pressure.. like if you have a dream that you have to do something, complete something you might end up sleep walking.

DapperDiverge
03-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I did it once... when i was maybe 11 or 12 yrs old i fell asleep on the couch in the living room and woke up the next morning in my bed... i asked my mom how did i get here and she said i walked there. i was shocked because i was dead asleep in my mind... i asked her if i stumbled over anything and she said no. weird

i usually throw punches and kicks in my sleep... guess i can't share a bed... oh well!! more room for me!! ;) (y)

laurie_hammy
03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Fascinating is it?

Especially when its you whos doing it. I usually talk in my sleep, ive been told a million times, but thats not as interesting as sleepwalking. So, between last year and this one Ive had quite alot of sleepwalking incidents...Ive woken up reaching for something high up on a shelf,quite alot of times while looking for something under my bed, trying to open the bedroom door, etc. Since its been happening so much for a while, Im considering asking a doctor a few questions about what causes it, if anything in particular.

SLEEPWALKERS KEM HIER

lets sit down, in brown velvet chairs, with whisky glasses, crossed legs, candle light, british accents, crumpets, and chat about this fascinating, fascinating and mysterious subject.

Stress can cause it.

But mainly just getting a good night sleep every night going to bed at the right time and not being overtired. Being overtired is the main cause of it.

tracky
03-01-2006, 09:12 PM
When I was a little kid I once woke up to find myself taking a pee in the corner of the room, but that's the only time i can ever recall sleep walking. Apparently I do mumble a lot and talk sometimes. I remember at school camp I woke up to 3 or 4 people looking at me and laughing, apparently I was saying "pass the cup" which they found incredibly funny. I have a feeling I yelled out "BEAR!" the other night, cause I certainly did in my dream.