PDA

View Full Version : I swear to God, I work with a bunch of fucking idiots!

Anne Lauren
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
This damn paralegal was suposse to Fed-Ex this huge package to another attorney. And what does the dumb bitch do...she sent it to the wrong firm. So, it didn't go to the right place and it needed to be there by the next day.

And, apparently, I should have double checked the address to make sure it was correct. Not really...however, I so happened to be standing close enough that he (my boss) could sense my presence, while he was busy screaming practically at the woman. I guess, he hadn't released all his anger yet...so he took that last little bit left out on me. He didn't yell at me or anything...just said that snippy little remark as he was walking away.

Jeez...what an ass! I mean, I understand his anger and all...but, damn, I think he should have acted a little more professional about it and not yelled (not talking sternly to, but yelled) at this woman like she was child. She went to the bathroom and started crying. I mean, it was a really bad mistake to have made...especially if you work for this dick. However, you just don't yell at people like that. It was uncalled for, in my opinion.

cookiepuss
03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I end up in the bathroom crying at least once a month because my Boss is a complete dick and yells at me because i can't read his fucking mind. :rolleyes:

mp-seventythree
03-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Are all bosses this arsey in America? Because all I hear about is bosses throwing their weight around a bit too much, and yelling at people until they cry......or come back with a big gun and blow said bosses brains out.

cookiepuss
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah I don't know...60% of the time my boss is cool and 40% of the time he's a hard ass on a power trip. It can be a little bit of a Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde situation.

However, I blame myself, for taking yet another job that doesn't really suit my creative talents and desires. I need to stop being a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.

Bob
03-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Are all bosses this arsey in America? Because all I hear about is bosses throwing their weight around a bit too much, and yelling at people until they cry......or come back with a big gun and blow said bosses brains out.

i've never had a bad boss

mp-seventythree
03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
i've never had a bad boss

Good to hear it, and I may have made up some of that, like the bit about people blowing their bosses brains out.

Rock
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Are all bosses this arsey in America?
Not at all....my old boss would go get drunk with me during lunch and let me go home early if i promised to rest up so I could go downtown and drink some more with him later that night.....at least once a week.

Bob
03-02-2006, 05:02 PM
i think you just primarily hear about shitty bosses because those are the kinds of stories people tend to tell. you rarely hear "man, my boss is so awesome" and even rarelier do you hear "oh man, my boss is so tolerably average, professional and unremarkable"

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong...the man's a fuckin' brilliant attorney. I mean, it's almost an art form...watching the way he's able to manipulate the truth, in order to obtain the outcome he was expecting (not lying, just in how he presents it). I mainly just do all his research and put his "plan of action" into written form...and he basically just sells it and makes it happen (which is the hardest part). The man's been doing this for almost 40 years, too...so, he's taught me a great deal of stuff that you can only gain through experience (I have my masters in research psychology, so, I came into this job knowing the basics of "legal" research...however, I'm basically doing what a 2nd or 3rd year law student is doing, which is not my speciality).

With all the stress, pressure, dealing with other asshole attorneys, and all the scumball clients that my boss has had to deal with over all those years...oh, I'm sure he's a heartless bastard that really just doesn't give a fuck. With his line of work...I guess you really have to be, in order to not just shoot yourself or just plain go insane. So, I guess when an aspect that was important in his case (such as, getting that packet to the other attorney by the next day) was screwed up over something that should have been extremely simple to do, such as putting the correct address on a package...I guess, he just flipped the fuck out.

However, you just don't talk to people like their dogs...it's just extremely disrespectful and fuckin' nuts, for the most part.

Jmoney77
03-03-2006, 12:05 AM
?

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 12:06 AM
?

????

guerillaGardner
03-03-2006, 01:29 AM
In a way it's good to know other people take shit because then you know it's just the way bosses are and its not just you.

I've started in a new job in a highly responsible position, but a lot of it is new to me so I'm fumbling through a lot of stuff at the moment and some of it isn't going as smoothly as it could.

My boss has a reputation for throwing flakies so I'm a tad nervous, but I made it clear to him before I started that I'm not experienced in what he has me doing so at the moment he's cutting me a lot of slack with the odd faux pas but I'm not sure how long that will last.

I know that at some point I'll end up like the old lady in the Aphex Twin Come To Daddy video. :o

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 01:48 AM
In a way it's good to know other people take shit because then you know it's just the way bosses are and its not just you.

I've started in a new job in a highly responsible position, but a lot of it is new to me so I'm fumbling through a lot of stuff at the moment and some of it isn't going as smoothly as it could.

My boss has a reputation for throwing flakies so I'm a tad nervous, but I made it clear to him before I started that I'm not experienced in what he has me doing so at the moment he's cutting me a lot of slack with the odd faux pas but I'm not sure how long that will last.

I know that at some point I'll end up like the old lady in the Aphex Twin Come To Daddy video. :o

Yeah, I'm almost in the exact same situation you're in...they could just fire me at anytime if they wanted and hire someone with actual law experience, like someone in law school or even has a law degree with a lot of work experience. My goal is to eventually get into jury consulting type work...this is merely just work experience for me. I mean, who's gonna wanna hire a 26 year old girl, fresh outta school, with little actual "on the job" experience, and has basically only read about it in the text books...to help them during jury selection. But, for the most, I'm pretty ambitious and a quick study...only because I'm extremely motivated, now. I was damn lucky to even get this position, in the first place.

Justin
03-03-2006, 03:16 AM
this has nothing to do with bosses but...

I was looking out my window today onto the street..(during rush hour)...and traffic is jammed and this guy simply walks across the street to the other side (no cars are moving because its packed)...and this car honks his horn as the guy passes by..........

the guy keeps walking and sorta like does this hand motion towards the car as of saying "oh whatever"

I swear if that happened to me, I think i would lose my cool right their in the street and be really close in dragging the driver out and beating the shit out of him.

Some people have no respect

Another thing that pisses me off is while driving on the 4 lane, during rush hour....a car pulls out and passes you...then gets right back in line in front of you and hits his brakes cause he cant fucking go any further anyways because the traffic is jammed. What are people thinking!

One of these days im totally gonna lose my cool