PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Harrison Ford . . .

Documad
03-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Did anyone actually see his new movie?

How was The Chrysler 300? I've been dying to know!

Pres Zount
03-03-2006, 05:39 AM
the ransom one? I might see it soon....

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Are you talking about Firewall? It was pretty damn bad in my mind. Stilted dialog at times, some unbelievable scenarios, nasty characterization.

Possible spoiler...

A non-Disney movie with a dog that pseudo saves the day is grounds, right there, for a refund.

BangkokB
03-03-2006, 07:45 AM
If I ever meet Willie Nelson I'm gonna ask him if it was true that he was fried when he was singing "We are the World"

Oh yea. Harrison Ford....He should have been in Happy Days as Fonzie bc Henry Winkler was scarred of motorcycles and Harrison Ford fears nothing...But poparazzi and dairy products

hardnox71
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Harrison Ford is a dick. I met him when I was an extra on the Fugitive. The man is a complete arrogant asshole.

But that car is pretty tight, though.

BangkokB
03-03-2006, 02:57 PM
i BELIEVE that things can happen

pHIL Core wants too pull a jihad on your ass

Documad
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Are you talking about Firewall?

Yes! Did you see the commercial for the car? It was a standard TV commercial with shots of the car driving on a curvy road, but the voiceover says that you should go out and see the Chrysler 300 in the movie. As if the car is an actor. The thing struck me funny every single time it was on.

hardnox71
03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Yes! Did you see the commercial for the car? It was a standard TV commercial with shots of the car driving on a curvy road, but the voiceover says that you should go out and see the Chrysler 300 in the movie. As if the car is an actor. The thing struck me funny every single time it was on.
Product placement always amuses the hell out of me. The two worst examples I've seen recently were in the movies Be Cool and The Longest Yard. The product placement was absolutely shameless in both.

Oh, yeah, and on American Idol every week. You ever notice how the judges cups all say Coca-Cola and the logo is always in complete view by the camera?

The almighty dollar rules the world.

Documad
03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Product placement always amuses the hell out of me.
I know why companies do it, but it's usually so awkward and distracting. And audiences are hopefully smart enough to know what's happening, so does it really work? Will I pick out a cell phone because Sydney's using it on Alias?

It's been around forever, but not so obvious. My dad used to point out that all the Quinn/Martin productions featured a particular brand of car, so that Cannon and Barnaby Jones were driving the same one.

Jmoney77
03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Indiana Jones 4?

hardnox71
03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I know why companies do it, but it's usually so awkward and distracting. And audiences are hopefully smart enough to know what's happening, so does it really work? Will I pick out a cell phone because Sydney's using it on Alias?

It's been around forever, but not so obvious. My dad used to point out that all the Quinn/Martin productions featured a particular brand of car, so that Cannon and Barnaby Jones were driving the same one.
I remember Cannon and Barnaby Jones and "this has been a Quinn/Martin television production" :D :D but I never paid attention to the kind of cars that were used.

Product placement has always been around but it has never been this bad. Now it's out of control. Especially when getting the product into the movie actually screws with the storyline and makes the characters do and say things that are not in accordance with the mood at the time, if that makes any sense.

It's all so silly.

enree erzweglle
03-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't watch many commercials (I have tivo). If I do see a commerical, I tend to see it but not hear it (when I'm at the gym and I can see the TVs but not hear them).

So, I don't know what this ^^ means but the way you describe it sounds funny.

That car was featured a little prominently in the movie, but I wouldn't have commented on it at the time and it didn't interfere with my lack of enjoyment of the plot.

enree erzweglle
03-06-2006, 08:06 AM
I know why companies do it, but it's usually so awkward and distracting. And audiences are hopefully smart enough to know what's happening, so does it really work? Will I pick out a cell phone because Sydney's using it on Alias?For me, it can work for or against the movie. I dislike anything that kind of pulls me away from the plot, anything that kicks me out of the movie a little, you know? So in a serious movie, it can be distracting when a kid pours cereal out of a bright yellow box and in bold serif font, the cereal is labeled something like Happios.

On the other hand, it's bad when they blast you and position the front of the Cheerios box right in the camera's face.

When it's subtle is when it's okay with me. Not subliminal, but subtle.

Junker
03-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Indiana Jones 4?

They will do it or dont?