PDA

View Full Version : What really scares the bejebus out of you?

B4BY 4NN
03-03-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm not afraid of scary movies. Too predictable, I guess. You know "OH, HE'S IN THE CLOSET" shit. If any movie scares me, it's the type involving a plane crash, or the world coming to an end.

Okay, so, on to what I am REALLY afraid of...

That "THIS IS A TEST, EEERRRGH EEERRRGH EEERRRGH..." sound, with the robotic man's voice. I can't explain why, either. Maybe it isn't fear, but every time I hear it, I'm put into somewhat of a paralysis. Or I run into the next room. I wouldn't DARE turning off the radio or TV. I just run.

zorra_chiflada
03-03-2006, 01:14 AM
you know, i'm really embarrassed to say this, but "the ring" fucking scared the fucking shit out of me. :o yes i'm lame

the big hack and slash movies with blood and guts don't scare me though. but, like, ghost movies scare me.

and big gross insects. like centipedes.

fuck, i'm a girl :(

Medellia
03-03-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm scared of bugs too, zorra. :o

And I'm not scared of the public service anouncement test thing, but when it first comes on I jump.

B4BY 4NN
03-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Some bugs scare me. Mostly the wormy ones that get into your cupboards or clothes.

Oh, and pet fish. The Siamese fighting fish, especially.

zorra_chiflada
03-03-2006, 01:23 AM
joe is scared of spiders, like, really scared. what a pussy!

i'm saying "like" a lot because i've been drinking :(

Medellia
03-03-2006, 01:26 AM
joe is scared of spiders, like, really scared. what a pussy!

i'm saying "like" a lot because i've been drinking :(
Hehe, I'm scared of spiders, too. :o

:(

zorra_chiflada
03-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Hehe, I'm scared of spiders, too. :o

they are pretty scary. nothing wrong with that :)

KingSpanner
03-03-2006, 02:01 AM
You know what scares me? Those fucking TALKING internet flash-ads. I won't play music or anything while surfing late at night and sometimes my speakers are up pretty loud from listening earlier. Those ads start yelling shit like CLICK HERE TO BUY EMOTICONS or something with NO WARNING

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Cat contacts! :D

Justin
03-03-2006, 03:06 AM
other peoples driving skills

Of course mine are perfect

monkey
03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
im scared of things i cant control, like thieves. im always scared im gonna be mugged or my house is gonna be broken into. ive had nightmares of it since i was a little girl. when i was younger and everyone was doing the whole shoplifting thing, i made myself stop cause i thought the bad karma would make me lose things that were very important to me.

i cant think of anything else that im really, really scared of. i think i could deal with almost anything with a little internal peptalk.

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 09:27 AM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=41918&highlight=clowns

being trapped under ice

people like GW (I don't know if it's the same sort of fear as ^^ but he and people like him scare me.)

SobaViolence
03-03-2006, 09:43 AM
the possibility that i'm no good. that everyone has been lying or incorrect and that i have no hope in the future, i'm useless and i'm a horrible person.

i'm actually quite scared of this.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Snakes. They are the vessel of Satan. But the weird thing is that I'm not afraid of Satan. I've chilled with him. Dude knows how to party.

Qdrop
03-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Snakes. They are the vessel of Satan. But the weird thing is that I'm not afraid of Satan. I've chilled with him. Dude knows how to party.

just don't loan him money, dude.

trust me.
you will NEVER see that cash again....

Rock
03-03-2006, 10:13 AM
The Ocean
Having Social/Physically Retarded kids

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 10:14 AM
What is is about snakes that scares you?

I think they're gorgeous.

When we had an iguana, I noticed that people who were afraid of snakes seemed to be awfully afraid of the iguana as well. When he was small they were much more scared than when he was huge. (Maybe because by then, he was easier to spot and they could keep an eye on him?)

Rock
03-03-2006, 10:19 AM
oh yeah....rats and mice. Not pet rats and mice...but wild/street rats and mice. I pull a good ole maid from the tom and jerry cartoons if i see one, i climb on the highest thing possible and shreik. Yeah, I'm a puss so what!?!

b i o n i c
03-03-2006, 10:22 AM
i fear dying slowly and painfully.

i also fear surviving an accident and being handicapped or disfigured

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Thinking about the money that I will have to shell out for my daughters college tuition in 18 years and possible wedding when it's time. I think im going to cry now......

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Thinking about the money that I will have to shell out for my daughters college tuition in 18 years and possible wedding when it's time. I think im going to cry now......You know what's :eek: ...working at a top-rated university where tuition is close to $40K/year, having your kid get accepted to that university (where he could go for basically dorm/meals costs), and having him choose a different school altogether.

It's a matter of majors and specialties.

mickill
03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
These are actual fears I have:

Maggots crawling on me.

Being swarmed by large numbers of rats. Or worse, sloths.

Being stranded alone in the middle of the ocean at night.

Walking through a forest alone and seeing a clown standing less than 20 feet away from me.

My daughter wanting to date boys.

Rock
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
would you rather her date girls?

My friend insists that he is raising his daughters as lesbians.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
What is is about snakes that scares you?

I think they're gorgeous.

Are you serious? Gorgeous? Really?!!?!! Fuck. Next you're gonna tell me that Louie Andersen is the hottest dude on the planet. :confused:

abcdefz
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I have an irrational fear of getting my fingers chopped off in motorcycle spokes. Kind of freudian.

Movies that make my skin crawl:

The Shining
Frailty
The Exorcist
Who's That Girl?

Funky Pepp
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
other peoples driving skills
Yeah, true…

I'm scared of everything. But what really scares
me is puking-people and new year's eve in Berlin,
which is close to a war-scene.

And I'm scared of movies, too. Even if they suck.
28 days later was really scary.

Sorry, I know I'm a wuss :o

beastiegirrl101
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
basements
bugs=bees
po dunk towns

movies
when a stranger calls (the old version, I used to babysit)
I have to say..Blair Witch Project (I knew it wasnt real when I saw it and it still scared me)
The Shining A-Z omg...elevator blood dream sequence
After I saw the Ring I didnt watch TV for a week

mickill
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
would you rather her date girls?

My friend insists that he is raising his daughters as lesbians.
I thought about this after I typed what I typed and no. No, I probably would not. I'd prefer she just not date. At all. Ever.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Also, I'd have to say Karma cuz I've done some seriously terrible shit in my time and find myself wondering when it's all gonna come back and crash on my face. :(

Rock
03-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Also, I'd have to say Karma cuz I've done some seriously terrible shit in my time and find myself wondering when it's all gonna come back and crash on my face. :(
word

DIGI
03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought about this after I typed what I typed and no. No, I probably would not. I'd prefer she just not date. At all. Ever.

Mike, you're just gonna have to come to grips that in the future, some man will gain entry to her babymaker..........and eventually, her poopshoot.

mickill
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I hope that karma catches up to you in the form of gorilla gang rape, Randy.

abcdefz
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Mike, you're just gonna have to come to grips that in the future, some man will gain entry to her babymaker..........and eventually, her poopshoot.

That's messed up.

beastiegirrl101
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM

another thing that scares the bejebus out of me...anal.

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Are you serious? Gorgeous? Really?!!?!! Fuck. Next you're gonna tell me that Louie Andersen is the hottest dude on the planet. :confused:
*googles Louie Andersen*

He does nothing for me. :)

Yes, gorgeous: lou ferrigno snake (http://www-tc.pbs.org/wnet/nature/reptiles/images/wallpaper/snakes_small.jpg?mii=1) and low-self-esteem snake (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/junior_naturalists/images/snakes/greenhead2.jpg) and happy snake? (http://www.nhnct.org/photo/images/kingsnake.jpg)

DIGI
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I hope that karma catches up to you in the form of gorilla gang rape, Randy.

Ahhhhhhhh come on, man.

Dr Deaf
03-03-2006, 11:08 AM
getting kicked outta the USA on some bs technicality.

mickill
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
You have over 1,000 posts to an American owned message board. That is in violation of Code No. 213366-2 Section B. You will now be deported, have a nice day.

Signed,

U.S. Immigration Dept.

You are lame. You are in violation of Code No. 123456789 Scetion 8. You will now be punched in the face repeatedly until you stop.

Holla,

Life

ChrisLove
03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Some bugs scare me. Mostly the wormy ones that get into your cupboards or clothes.

Oh, and pet fish. The Siamese fighting fish, especially.

Why are Siamese Fighters scary? I have one - he is the least freaky fish in the tank?

Movies

Shining
Blair Witch (I found it scary anyway I know many didnt)
Event Horizon (big time scared me)

I personally did not find The Exorcist in the least bit frightening (it was mentioned above) one of the most disapointing movies I have seen - it was built up to be something that would properly freak you out and then it turned out to be pure suckarama.

Maybe because Im not scared of the concept of the devil - I dont know.

mickill
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Dear Mute,

Life is unable to respond at this time. But I'll be popping by for my monthly visit.

Sincerely,
Penile Wart

DIGI
03-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Dear Penile Wart, *read mickill*

Thank you for informing me of your upcoming visit. I shall have your usual spot prepared for you. I look forward to seeing you again, I do so enjoy our time together before the medicine kicks in. Hugs and kisses.

Sincerely,
Mute

DUDE, YOU HAVE DICK WARTS!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Rawr
03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
The fear.
Having to run for you're life, especialy when you don't know where the fuck to run to.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
You not of what you speak, this is an area not which to tread.

At least I can compose cogent sentences, shitface.

Knuckles
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm terrified of mb flame wars.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Dude, you should really get back to work. You're looking like a huge tool. Besides, I'm sure the boss down at Zeke's Oil Change and Blow Jobs really frowns upon messageboard usage during store hours.

CrankItUp!
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
my reflection in the mirror. :eek:

hardnox71
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't like spiders. I mean, I really, really don't like spiders.

And clowns. Yeah, spiders and clowns spook me.

And Michael Jackson. That's it. That's my final list. Spiders, clowns and Michael Jackson.

Well, maybe I should put Michael Jackson first because he scares me more than any of the other two.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. So my final, final list goes like this...Michael Jackson, spiders and clowns.

That's what scares the bejebus of out me.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm scared of DIGI's superior wit and cleverness. And, don't get me started on his intimidating sentence structure. I'm afraid, very afraid.

That's what I thought initially but I think the reason you constantly shit your pants is not because of my intimidation but from your loss of lower G.I. functions due to old age. Get back to your backgammon, douchebag.

DIGI
03-03-2006, 02:18 PM
You already covered that. This has gotten pretty tired since you can't throw a reasonable burn together.

ToucanSpam
03-03-2006, 02:30 PM
We need more DIGI/mickill encounters, they provide some hilarious comments.

cookiepuss
03-03-2006, 02:54 PM
i'm afraid of everything. well at times it seems like everything.

I'm defiently afraid of car crashes, and espcially being traped in wreckage waiting for help. Sometimes when i dive down the road I'll get this flash visualization of the oncoming car vering into my lane and hitting me head on. :( It's unhealthy and I probably shouldn't drive at all (because I do drive overly caucious and will probably cause an accident someday by hesitating) but um I pretty much have to drive because the buses aren't convenient around here for me to get to work.

also afraid of...

spiders
ants
never acomplishing anything in life
having children
viscous dogs attacking my little dog and tearing him to shreads right before my eyes.
being raped/mugged/beaten
high places
crossing streets
fast moving vehicles
staple/nail guns
and the list goes on and on.... :o

Umm...do you think I need medication?

DapperDiverge
03-03-2006, 02:54 PM
clowns. :(

hardnox71
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
i'm afraid of everything. well at times it seems like everything.

I'm defiently afraid of car crashes, and espcially being traped in wreckage waiting for help. Sometimes when i dive down the road I'll get this flash visualization of the oncoming car vering into my lane and hitting me head on. :( It's unhealthy and I probably shouldn't drive at all (because I do drive overly caucious and will probably cause an accident someday by hesitating) but um I pretty much have to drive because the buses aren't convenient around here for me to get to work.

also afraid of...

spiders
ants
never acomplishing anything in life
having children
viscous dogs attacking my little dog and tearing him to shreads right before my eyes.
being raped/mugged/beaten
high places
crossing streets
fast moving vehicles
staple/nail guns
and the list goes on and on.... :o

Umm...do you think I need medication?
No, sweetie, just cut back on the shit you're already on. :D

zorra_chiflada
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
oh yeah....rats and mice. Not pet rats and mice...but wild/street rats and mice. I pull a good ole maid from the tom and jerry cartoons if i see one, i climb on the highest thing possible and shreik. Yeah, I'm a puss so what!?!

we had a little mouse that would "live" in our house for a week or so. i know it was a cute little mouse and couldn't hurt me, but i still shreiked and stood on chairs whenever i saw it. :o

cosmo105
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
-spiders
-pork rinds
-the idea of my ex coming back here and finding me and hurting me, steger, and my family
-the idea that the people in charge could start armageddon at any moment without any of us knowing or consenting
-conservatives
-surgery
-car crashes
-someone i love dying (i think having someone in my immediate family die when i was so young really skewed my perception of death. now whenever steger walks out the door for work i can't help but think "what if i never see him again?" it's morbid and awful and i wish i didn't think like that.)
-cancer
-generations of catholics before me instilled a genetic fear of all things church-y in me and The Exorcist and all things demonic fucking freak me out. if i watch that i find myself crossing myself and saying "dios mio" and even though i've never done it before and i don't speak spanish
-Giada (http://www.televisionsound.com/images/giada_de_laurentiis_02.jpg)
-infectious diseases
-pretty much everything :(

ToucanSpam
03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Okay, I guess I'll confess what really scares me

-being rejected from a university
-being fired
-losing a loved one
-spiders
-large bugs
-lobsters (and I'm from Nova Scotia :o )
-clowns
-someone internet stalking me (Like I mean emailing me hourly or something)
-someone humiliating me in front of people I care about

I guess that's not too bad...

cookiepuss
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
-someone i love dying (i think having someone in my immediate family die when i was so young really skewed my perception of death. now whenever steger walks out the door for work i can't help but think "what if i never see him again?" it's morbid and awful and i wish i didn't think like that.

I was about 23 when my father died, and I feel the same way. But hey, to put a positive spin on it, at least we don't take anyone for granted. :)

cosmo105
03-03-2006, 06:01 PM
that's very, very true. every time i see someone i love i really make sure to enjoy it. every moment's precious. i want to be able to think to myself, "i didn't take anything or anyone for granted, and i really lived in the moment and enjoyed my life for what it was."

ToucanSpam
03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
That's always a good way of living (every moment is preciousand all), but I find that sometimes, and I'm not saying this is the case, that people who say that are terrified of death. People shouldn't be afraid of death, it's impossible to avoid.

I remember when my Grandpa died, I adpoted the whole 'don't take life for granted, make sure people know you care'. No regrets.

cookiepuss
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
That's always a good way of living (every moment is preciousand all), but I find that sometimes, and I'm not saying this is the case, that people who say that are terrified of death. People shouldn't be afraid of death, it's impossible to avoid.

In my case wouldn't say I'm terrified of death (certain ways of dying may scare me but death itself not so much.) I think it's the thought of living without your loved ones, having to go on... alone, that is most scary.

ToucanSpam
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Agreed. I'm good to go on my own, but I need my support staff of family and friends to be around and such.

djc1980
03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
watching beheading movies is scary as hell :eek:

kleptomaniac
03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
BUGS
SPIDERS
and
REALLY LOUD SOUNDS
(especially if they just come out of nowhere) :eek:

and i'm always paranoid that when i get in the car, there's somebody hiding in
the backseat. :/

or that somebody's put a bomb in it!! (!)

ggirlballa
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
i don't c why people get scared of peoples in their backseat?

but anyways

-i get paranoid wen i hear noises like people lurking in my home when it's night time or home alone
-bugs
-being paralyzed
-sharks
-getting raped
-losing family members
-losing my memories

B4BY 4NN
03-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Why are Siamese Fighters scary? I have one - he is the least freaky fish in the tank?

Long story short; when I was little, my sister's betta died. Instead of flushing it down the toilet, we decided upon giving it a proper burial in our backyard. While my mom was digging the hole, my sister held the fish on a spoon. It spooked me seeing the fish all curled up like that and out of water, so she started chasing me. Sure enough, she tripped causing the fish to fling right into my long (then) hair.

*shudder*

beatDheat
03-03-2006, 11:06 PM
the exorcist, the ring, the phone and nightmare on elm street...

Beckalina
03-03-2006, 11:10 PM
that crazy big eyed guy - yeah you know who I mean

and small, in proportion, people.

HotAndWet
03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
-going crazy, i.e. becoming schizophrenic or bi-polar (not that people who have those diseases are "crazy" I just fear the idea of me becoming that way)
-living in scranton forever
-never having a normal relationship with a guy
-skyscrapers
-roller coasters

Medellia
03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
we had a little mouse that would "live" in our house for a week or so. i know it was a cute little mouse and couldn't hurt me, but i still shreiked and stood on chairs whenever i saw it. :o
Heehee, I've done that too. And I love fuzzy little animals like mice and rats. :(

I'm also scared of needles. :( :(

B4BY 4NN
03-03-2006, 11:29 PM
that crazy big eyed guy - yeah you know who I mean

Peppers?

Knuckles
03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I was about 23 when my father died, and I feel the same way. But hey, to put a positive spin on it, at least we don't take anyone for granted. :)
I was five when my sister died and I'm right there with you guys. I struggle everyday to get those negative thoughts out of my head. It's even harder now that I've got a kid.

Beckalina
03-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Peppers?
damn that name!

Knuckles
03-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Brian Peppers is only scary if you're a ten year old boy. :(

Beckalina
03-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I've always felt like a ten year old boy......on the inside.

Knuckles
03-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I've always felt like a ten year old boy......on the inside.
Feeling inside a ten year old boy... isn't that illegal?

Beckalina
03-04-2006, 12:00 AM
I found out how to cheat the system, I became a doctor.

cosmo105
03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
I was five when my sister died and I'm right there with you guys. I struggle everyday to get those negative thoughts out of my head. It's even harder now that I've got a kid.
oh wow. i had no idea, andy.

i guess that really is the positive benefit from a death. it sort of puts in your face just how precious and fragile life is, and that at any moment, the ones you love can be taken away from you. it's just hard to reconcile that with everyday life - when i'm kissing my boyfriend goodbye in the morning, i have to tell myself, don't worry, he'll be fine, you'll see him tonight and the rest of your life.

jennyb
03-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Honestly? The idea that someday I could be in charge of bringing a human being into the world and instilling in that individual an entire belief system. Whoa, the pressure!

cosmo105
03-04-2006, 01:47 AM
oh god, yes. i'm TERRIFIED of motherhood and childbirth. i'm really, really afraid that i'll be an terrible parent, and my kids will hate me. i want so badly to raise happy, healthy kids that think i was a good mom to them. and that's one of my deepest fears. that i'll screw up somehow and they'll hate me forever. :(

na§tee
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
the scariest movies of all time, to me, are silence of the lambs and my little eye. i also saw chopper recently and although not a horror film, one act of violence in particular really made me sit up and gasp in shock, hand over my mouth. eric bana is simply fantastic in it. would someone give that boy an oscar already? it's wear he punches/head butts his girlfriend and then his mother. you can't actually see the punches meeting her face but it is acted so well you feel every. single. blow.

and that scares me.

i am also scared of being eaten by a whale.
just.. don't get me started. honest. it could happen!
i am scared of the act of someone stabbing me.
i am scared of being attacked my big groups of drunken neds on my way home and my head being smashed into the pavement.
and suchlike..

fucktopgirl
03-04-2006, 11:32 AM
death
ghost
war
worm
barny,the pink pedophil
walking in the forest when it all dark(whitout flashlight)
the idea of being stuck in the middle of the sea

ASsman
03-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Ignorant American voters and non-voters for that matter.