PDA

View Full Version : The freeeaks come out at night...

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Talk to me people, tell me...why is that?

I mean, it's almost like an understood rule, that if you have a mental illness combined with some bizarre physical disorder, like your missing an eye and the other one's barely working because it's crossed and you walk with a limp because for some crazy reason one leg is shorter than the other...so, the only time you can get out is in the wee hours of the morning because you sleep during the day. And what do they do all night...definately not working. They just kinda hang out...talking to themselves.

Like, I just now ran to the gas station and while I was pumping gas, this odd looking little random woman that had been...well, I guess, just hangin' out on the side walk...came up to me and starting talking to me about her dog. I mean...huh :confused: Then, I go inside to buy some cigarettes and the damn guy behind the register, for some odd reason, decided to wear these contact lenses that looked like cat eyes. It seriously scared the fucking shit out me...I thought I'd seen satan, for a second. I just wanted to get the hell out of there! I felt like I had just entered into the Twight Light Zone...not even meaning to.

Ace42X
03-03-2006, 01:45 AM
I mean, it's almost like an understood rule

The word "lunatic" is etymologically linked to the moon. Some people believe the moon's tidal forces effect human biology (us being made mostly of water,) and that those who are mentally ill are thus more suspectible to its forces, due to the lack of sanity to control urges, etc.

Also, some forms of mental disease can cause extreme sensitivty to light, which will naturally result in an aversion.

Medellia
03-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Then, I go inside to buy some cigarettes and the damn guy behind the register, for some odd reason, decided to wear these contact lenses that looked like cat eyes. It seriously scared the fucking shit out me...I thought I'd seen satan, for a second. I just wanted to get the hell out of there! I felt like I had just entered into the Twight Light Zone...not even meaning to.
You need to live a little if the cat contacts freak you out that much.

ms.peachy
03-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Oh I dunno. Take a walk down the main road around my way; we got freaks pretty much 24/7.

KingSpanner
03-03-2006, 01:56 AM
gas stations have soda, soda for night

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 01:59 AM
The word "lunatic" is etymologically linked to the moon. Some people believe the moon's tidal forces effect human biology (us being made mostly of water,) and that those who are mentally ill are thus more suspectible to its forces, due to the lack of sanity to control urges, etc.

Also, some forms of mental disease can cause extreme sensitivty to light, which will naturally result in an aversion.

Yeah, I know all about that...and actually, it has been scientifically proven to have some truth to it. Social factors also play a big role, as well...during the day is an understand "normal time" in society. The majority of people do not have serious mental illnessses, such as those...and they work during the day and sleep at night, largely because they may have families (if you are "normal", it's instinctive to want to mate and start a family) and society is set up to accomadate people with those schedules...daycares, etc.

And, that's just one example out of many different theories, speculations, studies, etc.

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 02:03 AM
You need to live a little if the cat contacts freak you out that much.

Actual "cat contacts" have never really been scary to me...you?

Medellia
03-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Actual "cat contacts" have never really been scary to me...you?
Erm, then why did you say:
Then, I go inside to buy some cigarettes and the damn guy behind the register, for some odd reason, decided to wear these contact lenses that looked like cat eyes. It seriously scared the fucking shit out me...I thought I'd seen satan, for a second. I just wanted to get the hell out of there!

And no, they don't scare me.

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Erm, then why did you say:

And no, they don't scare me.

Honestly, Medellia, I don't know how to respond to that...I mean, hell, I have no idea. What are you wanting me to say, here? That I'm scared of cat contacts...ok, fine...I'm scared of cat contacts. I need to get out more. Ya happy now? Do ya think you could possibly analyze this anymore?

Medellia
03-03-2006, 02:54 AM
I wasn't analyzing anything. I made a smartass remark. That was it. Just me being a smartass.

Rancid_Beasties
03-03-2006, 02:55 AM
I dont think being scared of cat eye contacts means you need to get out more, i mean in a certain context i'm sure they could be quite scary. But what you just said, anne lauren, made no sense. One minute you say you were scared shitless of them, next minute you say you've never been scared by them :confused:

Anyway I tend to agree with you. Walk around st kilda during the day, and then at 2am, and you will notice a complete difference. It goes from yuppies and tourists to bums, gangs and alcoholics in the space of a few hours.

Justin
03-03-2006, 03:02 AM
any weird convo like that usually ends with..."hey can i get a ride" or "could you spare some change"

discopants
03-03-2006, 03:39 AM
any weird convo like that usually ends with..."hey can i get a ride" or "could you spare some change"

That conversation actually ends with "no".

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 04:32 AM
I dont think being scared of cat eye contacts means you need to get out more, i mean in a certain context i'm sure they could be quite scary. But what you just said, anne lauren, made no sense. One minute you say you were scared shitless of them, next minute you say you've never been scared by them :confused:

Anyway I tend to agree with you. Walk around st kilda during the day, and then at 2am, and you will notice a complete difference. It goes from yuppies and tourists to bums, gangs and alcoholics in the space of a few hours.

Hmmm...let's see...how should I put this? How about this...No, I am not scared of "cat contacts". An actual contact lens, is not scary, intimidating, it does not make me nervous, nor do I become frightened by looking at one...alone, in itself. Unlike I would, maybe...a snake or a rat, something to that affect.

We good so far? Just checking...OK, cool, moving on.

Now, I guess, what was scary to me...and this is where the whole "cat contact" comes into play...it that, for the most part, it caught me off guard....there for a split second, I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with his damn eyes. All I knew is that they didn't look normal. And, no, the people that I "get out" with...have never/are not/never will wear cat contacts. Never really been my thing...however, to each his own. (y)

And, btw, no...I, literally, did not think he was satan. Merely "playful banter".

And, I'm not being a smartass... not mad, not irratated, nor flustered. Just simply want to clear all that up for the future. Cool?

discopants
03-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I hate cats- you should have tied the twat in a sack and thrown him in a river.

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I wasn't analyzing anything. I made a smartass remark. That was it. Just me being a smartass.

That's cool...fair game, now. I love being a smartass...haven't done it in a while. But, I can be mean as hell.

Rancid_Beasties
03-03-2006, 05:22 AM
Are you sure you meant to quote me just then? Because you just backed up everything I said but made out as if I was disagreeing with you.

ie I dont think being scared of cat eye contacts means you need to get out more, i mean in a certain context i'm sure they could be quite scary. = Now, I guess, what was scary to me...and this is where the whole "cat contact" comes into play...it that, for the most part, it caught me off guard....there for a split second, I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with his damn eyes. All I knew is that they didn't look normal. And, no, the people that I "get out" with...have never/are not/never will wear cat contacts. Never really been my thing...however, to each his own. (y)

Pres Zount
03-03-2006, 05:26 AM
What are all the weirdos doing THERE when they should be asking me stupid questions at work?

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Are you sure you meant to quote me just then? Because you just backed up everything I said but made out as if I was disagreeing with you.

ie =

Drop it, already! I mean, goddamn...enough about the fuckin' cat contacts shit!

And, no, don't take it personally...cause I don't. I don't give a fuck...it's just annoying and gay, as hell.

Pres Zount
03-03-2006, 05:48 AM
DOESH YOU ARE MY SHISHTER???

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Hahaha! This thread is just one big trainwreck...

zorra_chiflada
03-03-2006, 07:24 AM
DOESH YOU ARE MY SHISHTER???

haha, no-one finds you funny on here except me! :(

BangkokB
03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I blame Bono

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 07:40 AM
haha, no-one finds you funny on here except me! :(

Hold up a sec, woman...you need to take your little post elsewhere. This thread is now only gonna be dealing with "cat contacts" and my painful crippling fear of them. (y)

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 07:44 AM
^ and for the record, I was just kidding. I don't give a fuck...talk about whatever.

Rancid_Beasties
03-03-2006, 07:45 AM
For christsake I was agreeing with you and not medellia AHHH MY BRAIN!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 07:54 AM
For christsake I was agreeing with you and not medellia AHHH MY BRAIN!!!!!!! :( :( :(

You're fine! It's all good. (y)

We just lingered on the whole "cat contact" thing...waaaay too long. Then, when people started bustin' out documented evidence...that did it! I snapped.

Rancid_Beasties
03-03-2006, 07:58 AM
MY HEAD A SPLODE (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbzone.html) :( :( :(