PDA

View Full Version : Arguments

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Curious -

When you get into an arguments with someone (significant other, friend,family), what kind of arguer (sp) are you? ALso can you go to bed mad?

Im the type that goes right for the jugular in a fight. For what ever reason, I know the hot bottons and seem to push the right away. No warming up, no middle ground. This usually ends up with someone crying and then I get mad that they are crying. Then after sometime, I feel bad about the crying so I end apologizing for the crying; but not necessarily the fight.

How about you?

BangkokB
03-03-2006, 07:31 AM
In my experience it's only the people you love that you pull out the full war chest in an argument. And yes, I'm guilty of that too. Nasty spiteful venom is what comes out in a love argument. Because you know all their hot buttons and dig deep for the pain~It's like a circus act of who can outdo one another/who has the biggest gun with the weapons they've given you in the strictest of confidence. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is guilty of that

I hate when I do that. But the makeup sex is the sweet spot

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Curious -

When you get into an arguments with someone (significant other, friend,family), what kind of arguer (sp) are you? ALso can you go to bed mad?

Im the type that goes right for the jugular in a fight. For what ever reason, I know the hot bottons and seem to push the right away. No warming up, no middle ground. This usually ends up with someone crying and then I get mad that they are crying. Then after sometime, I feel bad about the crying so I end apologizing for the crying; but not necessarily the fight.

How about you?

I'm the exact same way...but, it has to have really gotten under my skin somehow. Then, it's like I shut off and go for the jugular...and I won't stop until they've busted out in tears.

trailerprincess
03-03-2006, 07:48 AM
I can't remember the last time i had an argument with anyone. Am too apathetic to muster the energy to argue so I tend to concede defeat straightaway. just can't be arsed quite frankly.

enree erzweglle
03-03-2006, 07:51 AM
In my most recent relationship, we tended to argue the same argument a lot. Mostly it was a control thing. I wound up withdrawing from the argument most times. Eventually, I withdrew from the relationship.

I don't mind having an argument when it's productive and is properly motivated. When I do have to get through a thing and it's with someone who has a healthy attitude, it's really not so much of an argument that we have--it's more of a charged discussion. As soon as it starts to feel like we're moving away from key points and getting tangential, as soon as it starts to get emotional is when I usually start to withdraw from it.

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh, my sister and I are vicious, while we're fighting. We've actually even gotten physical before...and I'm not just talking little girl slaps, either. Let's just say, the woman can be ruthless...epecially if we've drunk a little alcohol and then get into it.

monkey
03-03-2006, 08:26 AM
i am a winner. i win my arguments. sometimes i play dirty and i do bad things to win my arguments.

but i hardly ever get into arguments. i rather not bother myself with shit, and let things just go over my head. it's so energy consuming to argue for the sake of arguing. i just rather ignore. i say my piece then i leave. also, sometimes i say my piece, then i smile, and then i leave. it tends to make other people mad.

ehh.. im a peaceful person. i rather laugh with you. all night. (y)

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Oh, my sister and I are vicious, while we're fighting. We've actually even gotten physical before...and I'm not just talking little girl slaps, either. Let's just say, the woman can be ruthless...epecially if we've drunk a little alcohol and then get into it.

really now??????

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 08:50 AM
really now??????

She gave me a black eye and I busted her lip...it was completely insane. Let's just say, we looked very unlady-like. But, hey, she took the first blow, at me...and I did what had to be done.

Granted, this is with my sister, now...I'm not a violent redneck that goes around decking girls or anything.

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Damn....there goes the fantasy........

Anne Lauren
03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Damn....there goes the fantasy........

Yeah, you're right, sorry...we were really rolling around on the floor in our panties.

ScarySquirrel
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm calm in the process or an argument. Especially if the other person is raising their voice at me... Which I think only makes them more mad. But, whatever. I think being able to keep my head about myself makes me better at arguments and when people start bringing up stuff that doesn't really have to do with what the issue is, I tell 'em that if we're going to do that then the conversation/argument is over 'cause "Homie don't play that game."

Well, I don't say "Homie don't play that game" in the middle of a verbal fight, but maybe I should. Anyway, yeah, that's me. I treat arguments like a debate.

b i o n i c
03-03-2006, 09:40 AM
^^i'm sorta like that

i don't like to argue with people i love. in any other type of situation, where i feel its worth getting heated or putting effort into an arguement... let me at it. but with gf's, family and friends, i like to take it easy and be the calm collected one. if an arguement falls out of the range of reason or fairness, i will attempt to calm it and if that doesnt work, i'll step away.

people say dumb things when they're angry... i hate that

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I never really raise my voice in an argument either. I just say the "jugular words" very calmly. I've noticed that the calmness on my part in an argument pisses them off even more b/c they are getting so animated and i'm not.

beastiegirrl101
03-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I have been told my tongue is like a sword. I cut deep.

Praying Mantis
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM

Interesting

b i o n i c
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM

yikes

DapperDiverge
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
i LOOOOOOOVEEEE getting into arguments... terrible habit i know!! maybe it stems from the neighborhood i grew up in... really tough ass place, you had to be extremely defensive... now i live in a really hick town community... by the way i got no clue to how i got here?... and really, really, really have to watch myself, especially my mouth because i tend to blow up and get outta control especially if the person i'm aguing with is a complete asshole. :mad:

i can't be assertive, i always start off passive then snap into aggression!

sometimes i feel guilty when i take my anger off on someone who didn't deserve it, like if i'm having a bad day... sorry!

i'm just an animal!! :p

b i o n i c
03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
i like you faithbanks