PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Teen Hunger Force

King of Rock $
04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I know I'm about 15 years too late with this, but I'm on the other side of the ocean and we're not as cartoonimatically advanced as the US. So, I think I've seen about 4 seasons of this show now, and its pretty different from anything else. Not everything is that funny though. I guess the best one might be the first episode with the mooninites. Quadruple laser and so on. Also the cybernetic ghost of christmas past with his story about how christmas started out with the monkeys and the elves and the toys that sucked and all the defecation is crack.

Also I found this cartoon somewhere called perfect hair day or happy suck day and it was about a war between cats and hotdog buns and commander bun and general meow had to sign a treaty but they didn't want to but then the brother of the guy that had to negotiate the treaty blew up his metabatoid (some robot or something) and then he really missed her and he sang a song about her, and MF Doom did the voice of the giraffe and they were all talking about food and in the end he says "swordfish is good. lightly seasoned sword fish" and I was just feeling this whole episode it wasnt ATHF but it was Adult Swim, I think. Not all adult swim stuff is good I don't like sealab except for the title song (that is where you'll find me, underneath the seeeeaaaaaalaaaaaaab, underneath the waaaaaater, seeeeaaaaaalab)

Yeah

King PSYZ
04-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Aqua teen hunger force is some pretty funny shit. I love when they focus on meatwad. The whole thing with MC Chris and Schooly D adding to the show makes it that much funnier.

beastie fresh
04-08-2006, 08:31 PM
new ATHF episodes in September

tracky
04-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Perfect Hair Forever (y) Kinda died I think, havn't seen any new episodes since ep 6 or 7. It had it's moments. Catman is gonna eff you up.

Just got a bunch of previews to some new adult swim stuff which looks promising. Can't remember their names right now, but some of them showed some potential

ps KOR if you want more of that kinda stuff i find myspleen (http://www.myspleen.net) pretty good (y) There's not much new stuff there atm cause there's nothing new to put up

King of Rock $
04-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll check it out cause I probably havent seen most of that stuff.

The site says they still dont have enough money to pay this month's bill so I better hurry up.

That perfect hair forever episode I saw was probably the most absurd thing Ive ever seen

tracky
04-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Nah they're always going on about not having enough money to pay the bill

abcdefz
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I got disc one of season two in the mail yesterday. (Two copies, actually. :confused: ) This is my first exposure to ATHF.

Pretty messed up, pretty entertaining. I like the semi-animated style of the thing. And the real freedom to just throw a whole lot of shit at the wall and see what sticks.

I've only seen five episodes so far, but I like. I wish there were a little more of a hook, like maybe giving a damn about any of these guys, but that's okay.

King PSYZ
07-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I love the random extras they throw into the DVD sets too, in fact I need to quick slacking and pick up season 4.

abcdefz
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I love the random extras they throw into the DVD sets too, in fact I need to quick slacking and pick up season 4.

The puppet stuff? I watched some of those, then realized they are tucked into the episodes themselves, too. That's pretty cool.

King PSYZ
07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
right, and one of the sets has the first appearance form Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, and a performance by a band in powdered wigs, all kinds of stuff.

I think they had one with a focus on bringing on Schooly D as well.

abcdefz
07-12-2006, 09:58 AM
(y)

B4BY 4NN
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Off topic, but I really like KOR's avatar. (I went as Mya the Bee on Halloween once.)

beastieangel01
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Aqua Teens is one of my favorite shows, ever. I have each available season on DVD and it fills my little heart with joy.

abcdefz
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I loved the generous glue gun usage for the Christmas tree and such. (y)

cosmo105
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
i like sealab :o

aqua teen's fun. i had a friend with the dvds a while back...we'd ditch studio lighting class and go to his house and watch them and change his outgoing message to something the robot turkey from the future said. "naw, man, he's an ape."

Deep_Sea_Rain
07-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Carl from Aqua Teen deserves his own show. Seriously.