PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong?

ggirlballa
06-02-2006, 12:29 AM
that i like Licensed to Ill more than any other albums?:confused:

Hello Nasty:cool: comes in very close but not quite

i don't know why i like LTI so much i like the beats and songs and i know the lyrics are pretty fucked up but i laugh whenever i hear them cuz now its like "whoa they said that back then!":eek:

i feel like i'm a bad fan for liking this album:o , cuz people seem to hate this album a lot.:confused:

M.C. Guevera
06-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Nah, there's nothing wrong with liking Licensed To Ill the most. And you say Hello Nasty is a close second, so that's good too.

I usually get annoyed when people say Licensed To Ill is their favorite Beastie Boys album though, because it's usually followed by them saying, "Then they started to suck." or "I stopped listening to them because Paul's Boutique was terrible."

camo
06-02-2006, 01:26 AM

i don't know why i like LTI so much i like the beats and songs and i know the lyrics are pretty fucked up but i laugh whenever i hear them cuz now its like "whoa they said that back then!":eek:

i feel like i'm a bad fan for liking this album:o , cuz people seem to hate this album a lot.:confused:

Hell no, maybe some fans feel a little alienated from it because the majority of peeps on this board (me included) were too young to appreciate it in context.
But i'm sure no fan regards it as wrong to like it the most.

I go through phases regarding my favourite album (Hello Nasty at the mo).

vickista
06-02-2006, 02:49 AM

nah its kool to like it the best as long as u acknowledge that the others are very fine works aswell.

(i like it the best 2)

Weezman
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Everyone has thier own BEASTIE flava for their ears.

Pauls Boutique is my shit: right this minute im listening to "Sounds of Science".

I think the boys can do a little similarities on each album. They've got there b-boy style, punk, jazzy, ....ect.
Always on time never purfect gramma!!

Dont feel bad, the other albums WILL grow on YOU!!
And you will favor albums back and forth...."switch places when they ring the bell".

Can i get a WITNESS!!? ;)

ggirlballa
06-02-2006, 05:06 PM
i do acknowledge that the other albums are great.

i can tell that Paul's Boutique is a great album but i guess its too mature for me. (if that makes sense:confused: ) i have a copule of favorites on this album i love the sounds of science

and Check Your Head & Ill Communication are great but i'm not the instrumental type, but i really like the rap songs on these albums

and Hello Nasty is just awesome but i do skip the instumentals on this album too

and i barely got To The 5 Boroughs so i haven't heard all of it yet.

kleptomaniac
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
of course it's not wrong!

and if it's wrong, you don't wanna be right ;)

i think they're all great in their own way, which makes it hard for me to rank my favorites (though i would probably rate paul's boutique and ill communication in the top two)

and denise, you haven't listened to TT5B all the way through? because some people say it's not as good as the others, but you need to listen to it and not compare it to the others to really appreciate it.
plus it's the first cd of theirs that i ever got, and it's the reason i got the others. you gotta hear it! :)

and when you're in a relaxed mood, instrumentals aren't so bad, doncha think? pb isn't so bad either, you may need to ease into it slowly, which sounds kinda weird because it's just a cd right? :o

ggirlballa
06-02-2006, 06:09 PM
yea instrumentals aren't that bad it really relaxes me but usually i wanna say the lyrics while listening to the song:D and i can't do that with instumentals

unless i go paaaa duummm dummmm lalalalalaa, boom boom shhhhhhhhh, jakakakakakakaka, makakakakakakakaka, shika shika shika shika, paaaa dummm dummmm :p

Chicka B
06-02-2006, 08:41 PM
^Haah, that's silly. But I do that sometimes! Like when Adrock's playin the guitar, I'll be like "wow wow wicka wow" or somethin. I immitate instruments. :o But no! It's not wrong if you like Licensed To Ill the best, it is a dope album. You just like to have fun. It's not my favorite album, but I listen to it. I switch it up though, I have a new favorite each week it seems.