PDA

View Full Version : How big of a deal is smoking?

Waus
06-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I was home last weekend and I saw my ex who smokes now. She smokes about a pack a day, but wasn't at all concerned about her health.

I smoke once in a while, a hookah here, a cigar there, some cloves. I think pretty much everyone is accquainted with the health concerns now, so how much does it matter to you?

Pres Zount
06-03-2006, 02:41 PM
It's a big deal to me.

King of Rock $
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
What do you mean? Does it matter if another person smokes? Not at all, I couldn't care less. I'd care a bit if it was one of my parents or a brother or sister... otherwise... do what you gotta do

HEIRESS
06-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I probably wouldn't date someone who smoked.

jennyb
06-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Smoking is nasty. That's all there is to it. And I certainly feel for someone who's addicted. It's a shame... and quite stinky.

ToucanSpam
06-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I would never date a smoker. Disgusting.

Randetica
06-03-2006, 03:44 PM
i love the smell of cigarette smoke but only open air

i would prefer having a bf who smokes more than one whos always drunk

though i hope it soon isnt allowed here to smoke in restaurants etc.

Waus
06-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't think I could be in a relationship with someone who smokes. "Smokes" meaning needs to/is addicted.

I don't like cigarettes at all, but I think I'd rather have someone who liked hanging at hookah bars with me.

Beckalina
06-03-2006, 04:23 PM
smoking's cool, stay in school.

dave790
06-03-2006, 04:28 PM
i don't know, i mean putting someone off or not 'dating' them, as it were, just because they smoke is a shame really. a person isn't defined by whether they smoke or not, you could miss out on someone really cool.

besides, if you're not a fan of smoking just ask not to be smoked around buy the person involved. if they respect you enough to do that then cool, if not i guess you can then tell them where to go.

DandyFop
06-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Eh, I've dated smokers. I've dated non-smokers. Generally it's easier to date non just because I don't smoke myself then. I've never designated myself as a "smoker" but I've had my fair share of cigarettes. I've never thought a smoker tasted badly though....

Justin
06-03-2006, 04:34 PM
i couldnt go out with a chick that smoked

Audio.
06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I would never date a smoker. Disgusting.
bullshit.:rolleyes:

well smoking is just bad in health plus it stunts growth. if you don't know how great of a deal smoking is just check the common facts.

ToucanSpam
06-03-2006, 04:56 PM
bullshit.:rolleyes:

well smoking is just bad in health plus it stunts growth. if you don't know how great of a deal smoking is just check the common facts.

:rolleyes:

Audio.
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
:rolleyes:
so you wouldn't date a women who smokes and is like the girl of your dreams?

Audio.
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
or at least a girl who is interesting? I still think its bullshit.

ToucanSpam
06-03-2006, 05:07 PM
The girl of my dreams doesn't smoke, so yeah.

GetYourWarOn
06-03-2006, 05:14 PM
not much.

zorra_chiflada
06-03-2006, 07:11 PM
It's a big deal to me.

yep.

i've just been used to being around smokers for ages (my dad smoked, all my friends did) it was really hard to give up.

QueenAdrock
06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I would never date a smoker. I can barely be around people who do smoke. I have a friend who's a heavy smoker, and she can't go for more than 2 minutes without coughing and hacking up a bunch of phlegm. And I had to share a queen size with her this week when we've been at the beach and she woke me up at 7 AM coughing and sounding like she was going to freakin' DIE. Her hacking was SO bad that my brother came running out of his room, thinking that he'd have to perform the Heimlich because he thought she was choking to death.

FREAKING. GROSS.

Seriously it's the biggest turnoff ever, hands down. (n)

Randetica
06-03-2006, 07:22 PM
no clue if smoking guys taste good but it sure looks hot

zorra_chiflada
06-03-2006, 07:25 PM
most of the smokers i know would go out of their way to stay away from other people when they're smoking. and you can't smoke indoors anywhere anymore.

Clockwork Ninja
06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
i would date a gal that smoked only under the right circumstances, and also because i don't not smoke.

smokers usually only date other smokers... usually. i suppose it only makes sense.

QueenAdrock
06-03-2006, 07:29 PM
The girl I know is very considerate, and smokes away from everyone. However, most of the time we're going into a restaurant together or some other social situation and she tells us she'll catch up with us in a few minutes, and takes time to go smoke. I wouldn't be able to go on single dates with some guy who HAD to smoke before going in, because I wouldn't want to go in alone. Whenever I go out alone with her, I have to wait outside of wherever we are to have her fill her cravings, and still keep my distance because the smoke really bothers my eyes and lungs. It's a total pain in the ass.

Randetica
06-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I am not trying to judge anyone else but I don't believe in smoking and I don't like being around secondhand smoke. I'll just move or leave if possible.

yeah
it gives me headache
and my mind says cancercancercancer the whole time

im a hypochondriac

i guess i would leave any place in a second if i was pregnant/had a kid

ToucanSpam
06-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Smokers are Jokers.(n)

ericlee
06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I just smoke cigars and it's only if I'm drinking which is only 2 nights a week. Sometimes just one night.

I only smoke one to two cigars if I'm drinking but I only do in the privacy of my own home so that I'm not disturbing non smokers. If I'm out drinking, I prefer not to smoke unless the majority of the pub is smoking already.

I've got respect for non smokers so, I do my part to keep it away from them.

CJM
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
i don't like to be around anyone that smokes...although i do like to smoke a cigar or two a year...

GetYourWarOn
06-04-2006, 03:20 AM
hmmmmm. after reading a few of the posts in this thread, i'm starting to think it might get a little annoying.

i really don't think i have the patience to deal with someone who smokes more than a pack and a half a week.

alexandra
06-04-2006, 05:04 AM
as long as the person has a neat personality, i don't care at all.

P of R
06-04-2006, 05:34 AM
I don't think I could be together with one who smokes. I would have to love the person a lot.

Rancid_Beasties
06-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Cigarettes suck. I would never, ever smoke. ALOT of my family have gotten heart attacks from smoking cigarettes.

As for weed, i have no problem with it in theory, but once again my family has alot of addictive personalities, and i'd be afraid that once i got into weed, next thing you know i'd be on ecstasy, then cocaine, then lsd..etc etc as most of my friends who got into weed early are.

So yeah, booze for me. Not that its a great idea given that alcoholism is also in my genes somewhat.

mezzanine
06-04-2006, 05:56 AM
Funny I came across this thread on here as I'm currently on day 16 of quitting after smoking for 18 years. Today I sat down with my hubby and worked out that during my smoking years, I spent somewhere in the vicinity of $23K (that's US $) on my habit. If nothing else, it's a great way to waste money. (n)

GreenEarthAl
06-04-2006, 06:10 AM
My girlfriend Heather's family smokes and it's very hard to visit them for any length of time. Their place attacks my immune system the moment I arrive.

icy manipulator
06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
damn i'm surprised how many ppl are fully against it. I've totally cut down tho. Lozenges work well so i just smoke when i go out for a big night on the piss

marsdaddy
06-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Some people need to floss.

ericlee
06-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I make smoking look cool.

cosmo105
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
it's gross. i'm even kind of turned off by the whole hooka thing.

matt smokes a cigar at my birthday. as long as he doesn't end up like his dad smoking a stoagie every damned weekend until the garage and his clothes smell like that shit, it doesn't bother me. i let him be manly once a year.

i remember when my brother smoked cloves for a little while and it made me think so differently of him.

our ex roomie smoked like hell. having lung cancer before anyone else is cool!

jennyb
06-05-2006, 12:16 AM
There's this girl in our office building and whenever she visits the ladies room and leaves it, you definately know she's been there. Her ciggy stank lingers in the bathroom after she's gone. (I'm not talkin' about a numero two either, folks... plain ol cigarette stinky poo) Let me clarify, she's not smoking in the bathroom either, it's the smell that is just in her clothes/pores what have you. I feel so bad for her, cuz I can't help but think she doesn't even probably know how she smells or how everyone thinks about it. Maybe she doesn't care, and what evs then I guess. But eee-gads it really grosses me and a lot of other people out.

voltanapricot
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Their place attacks my immune system the moment I arrive.
Yeah tell me about it. My friend smokes along with 4 others in her family, it's difficult to put up it when I visit as I'm starting to feel ill.

Oh and it's only just hit my friend how much she needs to quit smoking a pack a day (at 18) after seeing her beloved grandfather just living with one lung, heart disease, emphysema and bronchitis.

Smoking is a huge deal.

enree erzweglle
06-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I love the smell of pipe smoke and the smoke that most cigars produce.

Cigarette smoke is usually bad although in Europe, people often used a type of cigarette that I occasionally enjoyed second-hand smoking.

I hate the stuffy, stale smell that lingers on a smoker even hours after he's had a cigarette. I HATE to kiss someone who has been smoking. I think some of them are unaware to the smell and they don't know how badly they taste.

It's not a good look when women smoke and it makes their lipstick smear all over their teeth.

And lastly, the female raspy, harsh cigarette voice: (n) Maybe it's okay for a bit when they're in their 20s, but eventually, they'll start sounding like the Bouvier sisters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selma_Bouvier).

ampm
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
One thing I learned about cigarettes is that they last longer if you don't light them.