PDA

View Full Version : Since we last spoke...

GreenEarthAl
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
When we last left our hero, green.earth.al, he was all busy, like, doing some stuff with some people or something. So anyway. Here's updates:

* Job: job's pretty cool. I still throw big heavy tires onto trucks and get paid pretty well for it. Because of this my physical strength and appearance have greatly improved, my time for reflection and meditation is copius and I am ever so slightly less broke (in debt).

* love: Love's cool. My girlfriend Heather moved back in with me in the beginning of April. We still get on really well and 3.5 years is far and away the longest relationship I've ever had.

* housing: So I used to have this roommate. A guy that was a friend of Heather's that was really down on his luck. I was always hoping that he'd turn his luck around become gainfully employed and get back on his feet. Thing was, he wasn't really trying. He seemed pretty content to just hang out and be an alchoholic. He stole $70 in coins from Heather that's she'd been saving for a lifetime and he probably drank them. So she beat his ass and threw him out of the house. I had been working on how to resolve the roommate problem for about 7 months while she was away, and then one day I come home from work and Heather's like "J doesn't live here anymore." She was all nerved up and telling me the storry. I'm not big on violence, but I have to say it was a kick watching her "and then every time he said 'yeah, yeah, you're right. I know.' I SLAPPED HIM AGAIN!"

She's kinda small, kinda quiet. That's the kind you gotta watch out for.

* love 2: So I had this other girlfriend for a while. She was pretty awesome. I could feel this whole coming together attraction thing going on big time. And I was totally dreading the part where I have to tell her about Heather and polyamory and all of that. But she was pretty cool with it. The night when she came over so that the three of us could get to know one another was SUPERcool. They really got on well. Hell, they still do in fact. But she ultimately decided that polyamory wasn't compatible with her life goals or some such. Really ended up doing a number on my emotion the way it all went down, but I'm better now.

* performing: So the more I rap, the more I keep getting invited to rap more. I've been writing really good lyrics of late and people recognize me on the street and stuff. I don't get very nervous about big audiences anymore. That's all pretty cool. I've written some thought provoking stuff. I'm in a political organization called Hip Hop in Action that's going to be using Hip Hop to make a profound positive change in the world. It seems likely that I'm going to host a radio show (am radio and internet streaming) for HHIA. That should be cool.

* writing: My books are really great. I haven't had time to start writing my next one yet though.

k thanxs. bye.

little j
06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
thanks for the update....is it hard to find people that are polyamorous?

dont know if i told you but the 2nd relations book was way rad.

Randetica
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
youre pure awesomeness (y)

GreenEarthAl
06-05-2006, 06:06 PM
THANKS JESS! I superappreciate you reading it and I'm glad you liked it.

It's not very hard to find polyamorous people (http://www.polymatchmaker.com). But, I, personally, feel like I've done as much Long Distance Relationship (LDR) stuff as I'd like to do. And so I'm into the women in my community. Activists and hippie types. And finding the polyamorous compatible among that constituent groups isn't super easy, but we'll manage I'm sure. The local community talks about polyamory a lot more than they otherwise would have now that I've written about it and discussed it openly with folks.

marsdaddy
06-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Amazing how you don't have to look to find what you need. Throw tires and writing raps, I mean.

Has that HBO show impacted your polyamorous lifestyle, at all?

GreenEarthAl
08-05-2006, 11:16 AM
mars: the Big Love HBO Show hasn't impacted much of anything. I've never seen it or heard much about it. They talk about it on some poly listservs sometimes. I gather its about polygamy.

Lately:

Love: My girlfriend Beth is really cool. We get on really well and communicate very well together. We've been seing each other since Early June, but she's been out of town much of the summer. She's working at a camp. She'll be back not long after Heather and I get back from Opus camp. Things with Heather and I are going great. We're like an old married couple. But different.

Work: Holy Crap! After only 11 months of working there, my job has made me the boss. I was boss for 10 days back in march and that was really overwhelming. But now they've made me the co-boss. So, when I go into work I'm the boss and make even more money. And I get half the week off and someone else can be the boss then. It just happened all of a sudden. One day my old boss was the boss and then two days later I was. *shiver*

writing: Currently writing a thin little book called "The Problem with Earthlings." Creative non-fiction stuff. Very proud of it so far. I'm writing a book of poetry with Heather. I'm about to write another novel: Alexandria - book 1. Historical fiction.

performing It's almost Opus time again. I'm gonna have a lot of fun rapping and singing for all of my Unitarian Universalist friends again this year. I have a lot of cool hippie friends in my community. Have more days off from work now so I spent yesterday playing basketball and breakdancing at my local community center. I have a radio show that I'm hosting for a group I work with called Hip Hop in Action. Our radio station is streamed on the internet so you guys can listen when it comes on.

King PSYZ
08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
what no link to said stream? for shame!

p-branez
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
weeeeeeeeeeee

keep up the veggie eating and writing and general rocking out.

marsdaddy
08-05-2006, 11:47 AM
C-R-A-Z-Y how life passes so quickly.

BangkokB
08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
GEA ~ Great to hear things are moving upwards for you.

I'll be the 1st to buy your CD~as long as it's not on Paypal*BKK doesn't have the Paypal feature

GreenEarthAl
08-06-2006, 05:56 AM
what no link to said stream? for shame!

Jus, you can listen to the station, but our show is still a couple weeks from airing.

Right now the station is mostly AirAmerica and Pacifica programming every day.

http://www.whld1270.com/

Planetary
08-06-2006, 06:04 AM
So the more I rap, the more I keep getting invited to rap more. I've been writing really good lyrics of late and people recognize me on the street and stuff. I don't get very nervous about big audiences anymore. That's all pretty cool. I've written some thought provoking stuff. I'm in a political organization called Hip Hop in Action that's going to be using Hip Hop to make a profound positive change in the world. It seems likely that I'm going to host a radio show (am radio and internet streaming) for HHIA. That should be cool.

that sounds really good. keep up the good work (y)

HEIRESS
08-06-2006, 10:39 AM
hey al, if you need any white hoochie girls for your first video lemme know !!

ps. you should move to BC because we have a lovely concentrated array of hippies here but yet again you are probably making bigger strides down in your area knawmean

I had to pull out of going to shambhala (http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/about.php)due to work contraints :(