PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys vs Run DMC (You'll love this...)

DeeJayZap
06-14-2006, 12:27 PM
01 We Got The Illinest Rhymes.mp3

02 Haha, So Many Faces.mp3

02 Pause, Mr. Revere.mp3

04 Back From The Rhyme Well.mp3

05 Run's Roots.mp3

06 30 Days To Try All The Lifestyles.mp3

07 Can't Stop The Kings.mp3

08 Sucker's Shakin' Rumps.mp3

09 Peter Piper Is Intergalactic.mp3

i like it. http://beastiemixes.com/deejayzap.htm

Guy Incognito
06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Dude (y) (y) (y) Just clicked on one at random - Runs Roots - fits really well. Will investigate the rest. I aint been on the remix board for a bit - all my software is knackered so was staying away cos it was upsetting me not being able to produce anything but this has geed me up again. Nice one

silence7
06-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Good stuff (y) , I've probably listened to it 25 times already, (it's on repeat in my cube at work)

Silence7

Travis Bickle
06-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Lovin' "Can't Stop the Kings," my man. Thanks! I'll definitely check out the rest.(y)

DeeJayZap
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
tahnks guys :)

Adrock_Oct31
06-24-2006, 01:51 AM
good shit man(y) :cool: :) :)

spacemac9000
06-24-2006, 08:45 AM
good idea Zap very original...

oh wait...i also did one like that about a year ago check it out...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=402918&songID=2896869

:eek:

DeeJayZap
06-24-2006, 12:24 PM
ehh, that is nothing like my ones. mine are BEASTIE BOYS VS RUN DMC and yours are beastie boys vs spacemac.

Action329
06-24-2006, 03:03 PM
So you know you're telling me what I love??????

kidding, went and ch-ch-checked em out and my favorite is "30 Days To Try All The Lifestyles", the mix creates a solid song, and the vocals fit the beats "style" nicely.

Action

spacemac9000
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
ehh, that is nothing like my ones. mine are BEASTIE BOYS VS RUN DMC and yours are beastie boys vs spacemac.

I know....Im just mad at you for not getting me that mp3 of the radio show which I finally got by the way....

but i know you always did like that mix i did....run dmc vs spacemac vs beasties is more like it...

anyways did you know the actually song sampled/used in peter piper by DMC?

i have it on wax & mp3....a very rare and famous breakbeat....

mudfoot
06-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Take Me To The Mardi Gras by Bob James. It's not rare though. How can it be both rare & famous?:confused:

spacemac9000
06-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Take Me To The Mardi Gras by Bob James. It's not rare though. How can it be both rare & famous?:confused:

ITS A VERY RARE RECORD TO OWN.....DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY ELSE THAT HAS THAT SONG ON WAX???? DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH THAT RECORD IS SOLD FOR????YET THE SONG ITSELF IS WELL KNOWN AND A FAMOUS BREAKBEAT .....AS FAR AS YOUR SILLY QUESTION ABOUT BEING RARE AND FAMOUS AT THE SAME TIME...WHERE SHOULD I BEGIN....HOW ABOUT THE HOPE DIAMOND...ONE OF A KIND...PRICELESS RARE DIAMOND...YET IT IS KNOWN WORLDWIDE...HOW ABOUT AN ISSUE OF SPIDERMAN #1.....WORTH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BECAUSE IT IS SO RARE YET EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT....HOW ABOUT JIMMY HENDRIX GUITAR PICK....HOW ABOUT EVIL KENEVIL'S MOTOR CYCLE...HOW ABOUT THE PEN USED TO SIGN THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE.....SINCE I DONT HAVE ANYMORE TIME TO WASTE I GOOGLED RARE AND FAMOUS FOR YOU...HERE IS A LIST OF ABOUT A MILLION ITEMS THAT ARE BOTH RARE AND FAMOUS http://www.rareandfamous.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS OR GENERAL CONFUSION ABOUT LIFE LET ME KNOW I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP YOU OUT.....:eek:

mudfoot
06-25-2006, 06:19 PM
... just 1 more question. Is it rare and/or famous to do an entire post in silly upper case letters only?:confused:

spacemac9000
06-25-2006, 06:35 PM
... just 1 more question. Is it rare and/or famous to do an entire post in silly upper case letters only?:confused:

YOU SAID "ITS NOT RARE"....ITS VERY RARE....

THEN YOU WENT ON TO SAY SOMETHING EVEN MORE REDICULOUS THAT THINGS CANT BE RARE AND FAMOUS AT THE SAME TIME....

NOW YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT BY FIXATING ON THE FACT THAT I USED CAPITAL LETTERS.....VERY SAD

I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT ADMIT WHEN THEY ARE WRONG...THATS A SHAME,.....:eek:

mudfoot
06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I may or may not be changing the topic with what I am about to state: the shame is the only rare thing you have shared with us is a rare form of spelling - REDICULOUS......:eek:

spacemac9000
06-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I may or may not be changing the topic with what I am about to state: the shame is the only rare thing you have shared with us is a rare form of spelling - REDICULOUS......:eek:

that is the only funny thing you said the whole time....

your like mrs.crabtree my 2nd grade teacher....heres how:

your a short chubby woman in a whack stinky ole dress
you know absolutely nothing about the real world
yet you can spell well

mudfoot
06-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Now there's a nursery rhyme I haven't heard since well, 2nd grade. At least it's not in the dreaded upper case only!:rolleyes:

spacemac9000
06-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Now there's a nursery rhyme I haven't heard since well, 2nd grade. At least it's not in the dreaded upper case only!:rolleyes:

mud check these out.........

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=402918&songID=2896869

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=402918&songID=3725002

mudfoot
06-26-2006, 07:06 PM
..... now getting baaack to this thread, 1 of my favorites so far is 'Back From The Rhyme Well'. Zap, I guarantee no one has put any acapella with that Ice Cube & Chuck D remix. Nooice choice(y)

Travis Bickle
06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
..... now getting baaack to this thread, 1 of my favorites so far is 'Back From The Rhyme Well'. Zap, I guarantee no one has put any acapella with that Ice Cube & Chuck D remix. Nooice choice(y)
Don't go back to the topic of the thread -- reading what you and spacemac were writing to each other was even more entertaining. :)

spacemac9000
06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Don't go back to the topic of the thread -- reading what you and spacemac were writing to each other was even more entertaining. :)

personally I think I schooled mudfoot back there....

eric-adams
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
the Bob james Record isnt that rare.
you can pick it up for about $10.
i got it about 3 times!

sorry

nice mixes buy the way, keep up the good work

spacemac9000
06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=eric-adams]the Bob james Record isnt that rare.
you can pick it up for about $10.
i got it about 3 times!

glad you liked my mixes.....there are some good ones...

....any way....I think you bought reprints which are fine.....maybe not....I got mine the old fashion way so it didnt cost me much....maybe 10 cents maybe a quarter....

but i dont really care....i never said it was worth a million dollars....i just said i have it on wax and its a collectable....

then junior over there got all confused about things being rare and famous.....and decided to be a wise guy about things.....

silence7
06-28-2006, 01:38 AM
In case anybody wants it.....

Funk 45 BOB JAMES Take Me To The Mardi Gras on CTI (http://cgi.ebay.com/Funk-45-BOB-JAMES-Take-Me-To-The-Mardi-Gras-on-CTI_W0QQitemZ230002347926QQihZ013QQcategoryZ306QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
$9.99

Now let's all play nice... :p

S7

mudfoot
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
personally I think I schooled mudfoot back there....

A few posts back, I attempted to move on by getting back to the topic of this thread, but like Michael Corleone (as played by Al Pacino in Godfather III) "...they keep pulling me back in".

spacemac9000, I am not a junior. I am an old school DJ. I was DJ'ing when you were still in diapers.

"a very rare and famous breakbeat...." were your choice of words.

You mentioned these rare and famous items: the Hope diamond, Spiderman #1, Jimi Hendrix guitar pick, Evel Knievel's motorcycle, etc. Would you put the Bob James record in that category? Other board members here (eric-adams & silence7) also advised you the record is not that rare. Your reply - "i never said it was worth a million dollars....i just said i have it on wax and its a collectable....". Then, why did you call it rare and famous? I guess because like Frank Slade (as played by Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman), it made you "feel important".

spacemac9000, you did not school me. Personally, I think you played yourself back there!!!:(

spacemac9000
06-28-2006, 04:07 PM
no dude...

again your logic is out a whack....and your godfather 3 quote both whack and corny...

even though your scent of a woman quote is kind of amusing...

Dont lie and/or ignore the truth mr. "old school dj"

our argument was over wether or not things can be both rare and famous at the same time....and in that catagory i CLEARLY SCHOOLED YOR ASS...

your dumb quote was"i dont understand how it can be rare and famous"

which you so generously highlighted in your latest post by re-naming the many things in this world that are both rare and famous.....

and to even further agree with me and keep proving my point you keep stating how famous and well known that bob james record is......its rare and desirable....otherwise it wouldnt be selling for ten dollars on ebay when the average record sells for 10 cents....

again things being rare and famous do exist ....it can happen...welcome to the world...for such a veteran experrienced dj that you are its so surprising that you cant grasp simple fucking concepts...and then you call me out on them and then when i school you on them you start qouting cliche little movie quotes...which are lame not clever...

mudfoot
06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
You keep contradicting yourself. 1st you say my Scent of a Woman quote was kind of amusing, then you say it's not clever.

Apparently you cannot grasp the concept of quoting someone. I never said "i dont understand how it can be rare and famous". My exact words were "How can it be both rare & famous?":confused: And when I originally replied to you, since you were not specific enough, I thought you were only referring to the breakbeat itself. Rare breakbeats are best kept secrets among underground DJ's who go as far as removing the label from the record so others won't be able to ID it. So since you were not specific enough with your choice of words, I thought you were referring to the breakbeat itself. That's why I said that thinking to myself since Mardi Gras has been sampled hundreds of times, there's no way in hell it can be considered rare. Famous, yes!

Another example:
spacemac9000: "and to even further agree with me and keep proving my point you keep stating how famous and well known that bob james record is".
Dude, did you have a problem with reading comprehension back in Ms. Crabtree's 2nd grade class? When I was recapping the list of those rare & famous items, I was questioning the lame thought of putting that record with those list of items when I said "Would you put the Bob James record in that category?" Let me rephrase it if it was too difficult to grasp what I was trying to say, do you really feel the Bob James record belongs in that category?

I still can't believe you said in your 1st reply "DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY ELSE THAT HAS THAT SONG ON WAX????" Ah, yes! :rolleyes: If you want to keep thinking your Bob James record is like having a Jimi Hendrix guitar pick, go on deluding yourself if it makes you feel important. If you don't want to take my word for it, go back & read the words of advice from eric-adams(lb) & silence7(lb).

spacemac9000
06-28-2006, 07:54 PM
just when i think this beef is gonna end you say more retarded things....

i never said bob james's album = jimmy hendrix guitar pick....You Did!

The word famous by definition required me to name things that are rare and famous...

so i used the most famous things that are also rare that i could think of to prove a point.

but i never compared those items ever....only you would in a reach to seem like you are winning some argument you are having with yourself in your own head....

I have plenty of things in my personal life that i have accomplished and gained...so i dont need a bob james record to feel cool.....unlike you who keeps declaring yourself to be some old school master dj...

sorry if i mentioned bob james as a rare and famous breakbeat....after all this is the remix forum....I thought that was a place to discuss samples and breakbeats....all you ever had to say was its not that rare and i probably would of agreed w/ you....but instead you went on trying to annihilate me...and say weird and illogical thing like "things cant be rare and famous at the same time" just to spite me...because you are the one that needs to feel cool...

meanwhile im 30 and from NYC and you have no idea what proffession im in so dont jump to conclusions about the scale of my accomplishments or talents...youd be playing yourself mister bumble fuck england... ive been mixing while you were in diapers....

mudfoot
06-28-2006, 08:39 PM
You were the one trying to annihilate me as soon as I responded from the get go. I stated 1, count it 1 line:
Take Me To The Mardi Gras by Bob James. It's not rare though. How can it be both rare & famous?

You took this shit way too personal or it got under your skin because your reply to my 1 line response was a fucking paragraph in scary upper case letters after doing a Google search (now that is really scary seriously). I ask again - who was trying to annihilate who?

Who the fuck said I'm from England? Because I'm not. I guess it's another one of your delusions. 1 more thing: if you are trying to be cool, don't rip off my diapers line. It shows you have no originality.(n)

dirtydan11
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Great stuff !!!

silence7
06-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I think it's time for a Remix Battle to the DEATH..!!!

Seriously.... Can we just all agree that:
Remixes are fun,
Some wax is harder to find than others,
The Beasties are great,
Being around from the beginning doesn't always mean you're great,
Newbs can sometimes come out of nowhere and blow our minds.
Experience and mastery of your art makes you great.

Etc etc ....

Now shake hands and come out Scratchin' :D

S7

spacemac9000
06-29-2006, 06:43 AM
DUH stupid i wasnt ripping off your diapers line I was calling you by the name of "mr. bumble fuck england ive been mixing while you were in diapers" .....i meant that all as one name....read it again....i wouldnt bite that line from you

fine maybe i miss read your first quote...the way you said how could it be rare and famous ....i took it out of context....i thought you were saying it in a way that was instigating shit...it seemed like you were questioning my whole post and making it sound lke it had no validity at all...

so i decied to show you that things can be rare and famous....you have to admit.....things can be both rare and famous cant they?

otherwise you win...maybe i jumped to conclusions and was defensive...okay?

this whole argument was a very rare and famous argument ....and it kept dj zapp getting bumped ....

Mountain_Cat_1M
07-01-2006, 05:48 PM
01 We Got The Illinest Rhymes.mp3

02 Haha, So Many Faces.mp3

02 Pause, Mr. Revere.mp3

04 Back From The Rhyme Well.mp3

05 Run's Roots.mp3

06 30 Days To Try All The Lifestyles.mp3

07 Can't Stop The Kings.mp3

08 Sucker's Shakin' Rumps.mp3

09 Peter Piper Is Intergalactic.mp3

i like it. http://beastiemixes.com/deejayzap.htm

I got to say these are sick remixes...excellent job! (y)

TimDoolan
07-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeeesss! Pause Paul Reverre was incredible. The whole lot, in fact.

DeeJayZap
07-15-2006, 03:06 PM
awesome thanks guys!

Thundercracker
07-25-2006, 10:26 AM
loved it!!! (y)

Zap, u got the talent!

CatchaGroove
07-27-2006, 06:26 PM
so nice

god damn that DeeJay made my day

thanks man